For the Crust:
2 cups flour
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. grated lemon peel
2/3 cup cold vegan margarine
4 Tbsp. ice water, plus more as needed
1 Tbsp. cold lemon juice
• Sift together the flour and salt. Mix in the lemon peel.
• Using 2 butter knives or a pastry blender, cut in the margarine until the mixture is crumbly.
• In a separate bowl, mix together the ice water and the lemon juice.
• Sprinkle over the dry ingredients. Mix gently, adding enough additional ice water to form a dough.
• Divide into 2 balls. Flatten each ball on a lightly floured surface and roll to form a large circle that is 1/8 inch thick. Line a 9-inch pie pan with 1 dough circle.
For the Filling:
1 1/4 cups sugar
1/3 cup flour
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
2 Tbsp. lemon juice
2 tsp. grated lemon zest
5 cups fresh blueberries
• In a large bowl, mix together all the ingredients.
• Preheat the oven to 425°F.
• Pour the filling into the prepared crust. Cover with the remaining crust and push together the edges with a fork to seal. Cut 4 small holes in the top to allow steam to escape.
• Bake for 40 minutes, until browned.
Makes 8 to 10 servings