Karin’s Incredible Chocolate Pie
For the Chocolate Cookie Crust:
25 vegan chocolate sandwich cookies
1/3 cup margarine, melted
For the Filling:
1 1/4 pounds soft tofu
1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips, melted
Sliced kiwi, strawberries, or raspberries
- Break up the cookies by hand, then grind the cookies into crumbs in a blender or food processor.
- Pour the crumbs into a mixing bowl, add the melted margarine, and stir.
- Press the mixture into a 9-inch pie plate.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes before filling.
- In a blender, purée the tofu into a smooth paste.
- Add the melted chocolate and blend thoroughly. Pour into the pie crust and chill for at least 2 hours.
- Pour the mixture into the chocolate cookie crust.
- Garnish with the sliced fruit before serving.
Makes 8 servings