Irish Whiskey Cake
2 1/2 cups flour
1 Tbsp. baking powder
1 Tbsp. baking cocoa
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. baking soda
3/4 cup vegan margarine, softened
1 cup sugar (try Florida Crystals brand)
1/2 cup dark brown sugar, packed
Egg Replacer equivalent to 3 eggs
1/2 cup strong black coffee
1/2 cup Irish whiskey
• Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a 9- x 13-inch cake pan.
• Sift together the flour, baking powder, cocoa, salt, and baking soda. Set aside.
• In a large bowl, cream together the margarine and sugars until light and fluffy. Add the egg replacer.
• In a separate bowl, combine the coffee and whiskey.
• Alternating, add the flour mixture and the coffee mixture into the margarine-sugar mixture, beating well in between.
• Pour into the prepared pan and bake for 35 to 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool.
Makes 8 to 10 servings