Grilled Tofu With Blackened Seasoning
1 16-oz. pkg. extra firm tofu
1/3 cup soy sauce
1 Tbsp. brown rice vinegar
1 Tbsp. minced garlic
1 Tbsp. paprika
2 tsp. black pepper
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp. dried oregano
1/2 tsp. dried thyme
• Drain the tofu, pat dry with a towel or paper towel, and then cut into four equal-size pieces. Place in a 1-inch-deep dish.
• Whisk together the soy sauce, vinegar, and garlic, and then pour over the tofu. Let stand for 30 minutes, being sure to turn the tofu often or spoon the excess liquid over the top.
• To make the blackened seasoning mixture, combine the paprika, pepper, salt, garlic powder, cayenne, oregano, and thyme in a small bowl.
• Remove the tofu from the soy marinade and dip each side into the blackened seasoning.
• Place the tofu cutlets on a heated grill and cook for 4 to 5 minutes on each side, or until the desired level of crispiness is reached.
Makes 4 servings