Fresh Apricot Crisp 2
4 cups pitted apricots, coarsely chopped
2 Tbsp. lemon juice
2 cups rolled oats
1/4 cup sugar or other sweetener
1/4 cup Spectrum Naturals Spread or margarine
2 Tbsp. water
• Preheat the oven to 350°F.
• Toss the chopped apricots with the lemon juice and set aside.
• Combine the rolled oats, sugar, and Spectrum Naturals Spread (see note below) and mix thoroughly.
• Remove 1 cup and set aside. Add the water to the remainder and mix until crumbly.
• Spray a 9-inch square baking pan lightly with a nonstick spray.
• Pat the oat mixture into the pan. Spread the apricots evenly over this and top with the reserved crumb mixture.
• Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, until the top crust is lightly browned.
Note: Spectrum Naturals Spread is like margarine in flavor and consistency but is made without hydrogenated fats.
Makes 8 servings