French Toast

1/2 cup soy milk
3 Tbsp. unbleached flour
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. vanilla extract
4 slices whole-wheat or sourdough bread
Fresh fruit, fruit preserves, or maple syrup

• Whisk together the soy milk, flour, cinnamon, and vanilla.
• Dip the bread in the batter, turning it to coat both sides, then cook it until golden brown, in a nonstick skillet.
• Serve with fresh fruit, fruit preserves, or maple syrup.

Makes 2 servings

Commenting is closed.
    • denise says:

Omg yummm I’m gonna try it now

• billie-dawn says:

thought i’d never have french toast again – omg!! yum!!! after reading the below comments, i did vanilla soymilk instead, and then instead of 3 tbsp flour i used 1 tbsp flour, 1tbsp ground flax seeds, and 1tbsp tahini. i think this was easier than the traditional w/eggs – it flipped easier, probably b/c of the sesame oil in the tahini. awesome.

• Tiffany says:

I cant wait to. ry this with sprouted grain bread! We also don’t do soy so ill substitute almond or hemp milk. Yum

• me says:

Instead of soy milk we use almond milk and instead of flour we used tahini and along with the cinnamon we use garam masala

• Annie says:

As a meat-eater who is going vegan, I LOVED IT. It tasted soo yummy :)

• dylli says:

oh yeah baby i think this is gonna be easy!

• Daphne says:

Yum, really good. I don’t use the flour because I find it gets clumpy and hard to dip bread into, but otherwise very good. I cook the toast on medium heat around 2-3 min per side and add some maple pecans on top. (1 cup pecans, 1/4 cup maple syrup. Toast pecans on medium heat in dry pan 3 minutes. Add syrup and stir until hardened onto nuts)

• Casey says:

Delicious recipe! Be sure to use real vanilla extract and not imitation extract. It is so good I can’t even explain! French toast was something I never thought I could make vegan since I thought its essence was in the eggs, but not so! Fantastic recipe! I cook it with Earth Balance on the pan and serve it with warm maple syrup. Yum!

• Carol says: