1/2 cup cornmeal
1 tsp. black pepper
Salt, to taste
1 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes (optional)
1 block extra-firm tofu, sliced into desired thickness (try 1/4 inch)
Splash of Bragg’s Liquid Aminos or soy sauce
Vegan breakfast sausage rounds
Hot sauce (optional)
4 English muffins or mini bagels, toasted
• In a shallow bowl, combine the cornmeal, black pepper, salt, garlic powder, and red pepper flakes, if using.
• Season the tofu with the liquid aminos. Toss to coat in the cornmeal mixture.
• Cook in a lightly oiled skillet over medium-low heat. (This no-stick salt trick is helpful!) Cook on both sides until browned.
• Heat the vegan breakfast sausages according to the package directions.
• Assemble by spreading Vegenaise, guacamole, or hot sauce on the insides of the bagels or English muffins. Top with the “sausage” and fried “egg.”
Makes 4 servings