Creamy Mushroom Soup
2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
2 cloves garlic, diced
1 yellow onion, diced
2 Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and diced
10 button mushrooms, diced
6-8 baby portobello mushrooms, sliced
1/4 cup white wine
4 cups plain unsweetened soy milk
Salt and pepper, to taste
3 tsp. sweet white miso
Finely minced fresh parsley for garnish
• Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat and sauté the garlic and onions for 2 to 3 minutes.
• Stir in the potatoes and mushrooms and sauté for an additional 2 to 3 minutes.
• Add the wine, soy milk, salt, and pepper. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and cook for 1 hour.
• Pour the soup into a blender, or use a hand blender, and blend until creamy, then add back to the pot.
• Spoon a small amount of the soup into a bowl and dissolve the miso in it. Stir back into the soup and cook over very low heat, uncovered, for 3 to 4 minutes to activate the enzymes in the miso.
• Season with salt and pepper and serve garnished with fresh parsley.
Makes 4 to 5 servings