Creamy Carrot-Ginger Soup
2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
1 large onion, diced
1/2 tsp. sea salt
2 lbs. carrots, peeled and cut into ½-inch rounds
5 cups vegetable stock
1/4 cup long-grain white rice
1 tsp. lemon juice
1 1/2 tsp. ginger juice
2 Tbsp. dill, chopped
• Heat a medium pot to medium heat and add the oil, onion, and salt. Sauté the onions until soft, 5 to 8 minutes. Stir often to prevent browning.
• Add the carrots, cover the pot, and cook over low heat for 5 to 6 minutes. Stir often to prevent browning.
• Add the stock and rice to the pot. Raise the heat to medium-high and bring the mixture to a boil.
• Reduce the heat to low and simmer, covered, for 25 minutes or until the carrots are soft.
• Blend the mix in a blender or food processor until the soup is creamy. If necessary, add additional stock to obtain the desired consistency.
• Stir in the lemon and ginger juice.
• Garnish with the dill and serve hot.
Makes 6 cups