2 cups flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
2-4 Tbsp. vegan margarine, softened
1/2 cup sugar (try Florida Crystals brand)
Egg Replacer equivalent to 1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 tsp. rum extract
1/4 cup soy milk
8 1/2-oz. can crushed pineapple and juice
1/2 cup chopped macadamia nuts
1/4-1/2 cup shredded toasted coconut
• Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Grease a 9- x 5-inch loaf pan.
• Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in large bowl.
• In a separate large bowl, cream together the vegan margarine and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the egg replacer, vanilla extract, and rum extract. Add the flour mixture and the soy milk, pineapple, and juice. Stir until just combined. Add more flour if needed—the dough should be sticky and not too thick.
• Fold in the nuts and coconut.
• Pour into the prepared pan and bake for 1 hour.
Makes 8-10 servings