Chocolate-Peanut Butter Brownies
1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
16-oz. jar creamy peanut butter, divided
3/4 cup margarine, melted and divided
Egg Replacer equivalent to 2 eggs
1/4 cup silken tofu, puréed
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/8 tsp. salt
1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
3 cups powdered sugar
2 1/2 Tbsp. cocoa powder
1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
3 Tbsp. soy milk, plus more as needed
• Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly oil a 13- x 9-inch baking pan.
• In a medium bowl, mix the brown sugar, 1 1/4 cups of the peanut butter, and 1/2 cup of the margarine until smooth. Beat in the egg replacer, tofu, and vanilla until smooth.
• In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix into the peanut butter mixture. Fold in the dark chocolate chips.
• Pour into the prepared pan and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the brownies start to pull away from the sides of the pan. Cool on a wire rack.
• In a large bowl, combine the remaining peanut butter, remaining margarine, powdered sugar, cocoa powder, vanilla, and soy milk. Beat until smooth. Stir in more soy milk until the frosting is of spreading consistency. Spread over the brownies.
Makes 2 dozen