4 Tbsp. vegetable oil, divided
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 onion, finely diced
1 lb. firm tofu, crumbled
1 cup vegetables of your choice (try green onions, tomatoes, mushrooms, and bell peppers), finely chopped
1/8 tsp. turmeric
Salt and pepper, to taste
6 oz. faux sausage (try Gimme Lean—www.lightlife.com), crumbled
Tabasco or other hot sauce, optional
• Place the tortillas between two wet paper towels, wrap them in foil, and heat them in the oven for 5 to 10 minutes at 200°F.
• In a large skillet, heat 2 Tbsp. of the vegetable oil over medium heat.
• Add the garlic and onion and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes. Add the tofu, vegetables, turmeric, and salt and pepper and continue to cook over medium heat for 5 to 7 minutes.
• Meanwhile, in another skillet, heat the remaining oil, add the faux sausage, and cook until the “sausage” is browned.
• Add the “sausage” to the tofu mixture and stir to combine.
• Scoop the mixture into the tortillas, fold them up, and serve immediately.
• Serve with hot sauce.
Makes 6 servings