Big Oatmeal-Raisin Cookies
3/4 cup vegan margarine (try Earth Balance brand)
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup firmly packed fresh brown sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 cup soy milk
1 cup flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. cloves
1 cup chopped walnuts
1 cup raisins
3 cups rolled oats
• Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a cookie sheet.
• In a large bowl, combine the margarine, sugars, and vanilla. Beat until fluffy. Blend in the soy milk.
• Mix in the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and cloves. Fold in the walnuts and raisins. Stir in the oats.
• Using a level 1/4 cup, scoop onto the prepared cookie sheet and flatten.
• Bake for 15 minutes, until lightly browned. Remove from the cookie sheet with a spatula. Cool on a wire rack.
Makes 1 dozen