2 10-oz. packages of vegan puff pastry shells (12 shells)
1 tsp. margarine
2 tsp. water
1/2 cup finely chopped onion or green onions
2 tsp. cornstarch
1 1/2 cups soy milk
1 14-oz. can artichoke hearts
Salt and pepper, to taste
• Bake the pastry shells according to the package directions until golden.
• While the shells are baking, heat the margarine and water in a frying pan over medium heat. Cook the onion for 10 minutes or until transparent. Stir in the cornstarch and continue cooking for 1 to 2 minutes. Add the soy milk and stir until thickened. Remove the pan from the heat and set aside.
• Drain the artichoke hearts and chop coarsely. Add to the creamed mixture and season with the paprika, salt, and pepper.
• Remove the tops from the pastry shells. Spoon some of the artichoke mixture into each pastry shell and reheat the puffs at 350° F for 5 minutes.
• Replace the tops and serve immediately.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Baking time: 25 minutes
Makes 6 to 12 Servings