Peter Dinklage asks fans to join him in making kind choices by not hurting animals or asking others to hurt animals for them.
"NY Ink" star and tattoo artist Ami James says that people should "never be silent" for animals in a new ad for PETA.
Animals and the planet depend on us, and actor Maggie Q wants us to know what we can do to help.
Animals are forced to endure the pain of having chemicals applied to their sensitive eyes and skin. Join Dave in buying only cruelty-free products.
Actor Taraji P. Henson wants us to show dogs the unconditional love that they so graciously give us. Make animals a part of your family.
Group Warns Against Leaving Animals Behind to Fend for Themselves
For Immediate Release:June 30, 2010
Contact:Kristin Richards 757-622-7382
Corpus Christi, Texas -- With Hurricane Alex expected to cause flooding in your area, PETA is offering important advice for ensuring the safety of animal companions should residents be forced to evacuate.
* Never leave your animals behind to fend for themselves.
* Never tie animals up or leave them confined in any way, as they will be trapped and unable to flee rising floodwaters.
* Know your destination ahead of time. Although human shelters often refuse animals, motels in the area will probably accept dogs, cats, and other small animals in an emergency. Never leave animals unsupervised in a car; they can suffer from heatstroke once ambient temperatures rise above 70 degrees, even if water is provided and the windows are slightly open.
* Place small animals in secure carriers, and keep dogs leashed. Frightening sounds and unfamiliar surroundings may make them bolt. Take water and food bowls, your animals' favorite toys or blankets, a towel, and enough food for at least a week.
* Have your animals microchipped, and put secure, legible ID tags on them.
* Watch for other animals in need, including strays and animals who are left behind by neighbors. If you see an animal in distress and are unable to help, note the animal's condition and location and call authorities for help as soon as possible.
A copy of PETA's disaster-preparedness public service announcement is available to link to or download here.
For more information and to find a list of local animal shelters and accommodations in your area that allow animals, please visit HelpingAnimals.com.
Almost all of us grew up eating meat, wearing leather, and going to circuses and zoos. We never considered the impact of these actions on the animals involved. For whatever reason, you are now asking the question: Why should animals have rights? Read more.