Peter Dinklage asks fans to join him in making kind choices by not hurting animals or asking others to hurt animals for them.
"NY Ink" star and tattoo artist Ami James says that people should "never be silent" for animals in a new ad for PETA.
Animals and the planet depend on us, and actor Maggie Q wants us to know what we can do to help.
Animals are forced to endure the pain of having chemicals applied to their sensitive eyes and skin. Join Dave in buying only cruelty-free products.
Actor Taraji P. Henson wants us to show dogs the unconditional love that they so graciously give us. Make animals a part of your family.
Animal-Friendly Recording Artists, Record Label Strike the Right Chord With Young Activists
For Immediate Release:February 11, 2010
Contact:Amanda Schinke 757-622-7382
Norfolk, Va. -- Music-loving visitors to the Web site of peta2--the world's largest youth animal rights organization--helped choose the year's most animal-friendly hip-hop artist, band, record label, and celebrity in peta2's annual Libby Awards, which honor animal-friendly people and products. The following are this year's music winners:
* Most Animal-Friendly Hip-Hop Artist: Gym Class HeroesGym Class Heroes first teamed up with peta2 for an anti-fur ad starring frontman Travis McCoy. Since then, Travis has been seen sporting several peta2 T-shirts and has tweeted about the delicious vegan food that he enjoys.
* Most Animal-Friendly Record Label: Epitaph RecordsEpitaph Records is home to some of peta2's best pals in the music business--including Alkaline Trio, Thursday, Sing It Loud, and I Set My Friends On Fire. These Epitaph bands all teamed up with peta2 this year to take a bite out of animal abuse.
* Best Animal-Friendly Band: Cobra StarshipWhat's not to love about Cobra Starship? All five members--Gabe Saporta, Alex Suarez, Ryland Blackinton, Nate Novarro, and Victoria Asher--have pledged to be fur-free, and the band has worked side by side with a peta2 outreach team on several tours.
* Breakthrough Artist (Best Newcomer to peta2): Justin BieberJustin Bieber took the world by storm with his platinum-selling single, "One Time," and shortly thereafter he won over peta2 fans worldwide by starring in one of our all-time most popular ads, which included the words "My World Includes Compassion for Animals, Yours Should Too."
* Favorite Animal-Friendly Celebrity: Gabe SaportaGabe Saporta has long been a supporter of peta2 and has been a vegetarian for more than a decade. He has come close to taking home the coveted "Sexiest Vegetarian" award more than once, including in 2009 when he was the runner-up. He also starred in an anti-fur ad and was the face of peta2's "Animal Testing Breaks Hearts" campaign on the 2009 Warped Tour.
"When it comes to fighting animal abuse, peta2 and today's hottest bands are in perfect harmony," says peta2's assistant director, Dan Shannon. "We thank these musicians for using their powerful voices to speak up for animals and for encouraging their fans to do the same."
For more information about the Libby Awards and to view all of this year's nominees and winners, please visit peta2.com.
Almost all of us grew up eating meat, wearing leather, and going to circuses and zoos. We never considered the impact of these actions on the animals involved. For whatever reason, you are now asking the question: Why should animals have rights? Read more.