Ethical Décor: Vegan Sofas

Vegan shoes? Check.

Vegan purse? Check.

Vegan couch? Who’da thought?

If you’re in the market to give your living room a makeover (or you’re like me and are always in the mood to window shop), check out some of the kind and comfy sofas below before you head to the store.

For the modern vegan, check out this sleek black faux-leather couch, available from Sofas NYC.

Black Faux Leather Modern Convertible Sofa Bed With Metal Legs, $519.00

This is a more industrial and masculine look, which would be perfect for a vegan bachelor pad. This couch may look fancy, but it’s actually a futon!

Dorel Home Products Rome Sofa Futon Bed, $451.00

If the look of leather ain’t your thang, make your living room bold and beautiful with a patterned print like this chaise settee from Target.

Target Athens Chaise Settee-Chocolate, $412.49

So which sofa gets your vote? Let me know in the comments below!

Commenting is closed.
  • priscilla shaw-phillips says:

I don’t like the first two but the third is a bit different. I’ve just bought a lovely beige faux leather 3-seat sofa from IKEA. A really good price, it’s called MARDAL. I’m from England but I presume they sell the same wherever you are. They also do a 2-seat version.

• Katie says:

The 2nd one for sure! Loving that!

• Mandy says:

The very last one! Chic, unique, and cruelty-free! ;)

• chander kumar soni says:

be vegan, save animals.

• chelsie mackin says:

i really like the first one. i cant wait to get my first house with my boyfriend so we can go animal friendly all the way. thanks peta for helping animals in everyway i love you!

• Jamie says:

I just blogged about this very subject the other day! I have a lot of alternatives to the typical, unethical methods of decorating. If you need some inspiration just take a look at my blog post: http://dayandagedesign.blogspot.com/2011/03/ethical-interiors.html

• Beth Olson says:

none – are there anymore????

• Beth Olson says:

none – are there anymore????

• sassy says:

thanks! very timely…my hubby and i need a new couch and we want faux leather. i also like #2 – not too masculine…could make it even cuter w/ fun throw pillows!

• Shanley W says:

This is so exciting! I’ve been arguing with my wife recently because she’s set on a leather couch, which I’ve told her ‘no way in hell!’ This is the perfect compromise though!

• kathy davis says:

I have been looking for a vegan pleather sofa. I really like that. Does it come in a sectional? Other styles? Where can I purchase this? Thank you.

• kathy says:

I love both of these items. I would put both in the same room…if I had the option of buying furniture right now -that is. I’m female but I would put that futon in the living room. I picture an art deco lamp next to it.

• Lesley says:

Personally I love the Target Thens Chaise Sette-Chocolate, but I don’t find it very functional. Its more something you put in a parlor and forget about; not something you invite friends and family over to watch movies on. For functionality, I say the Dorel Home Products Rome Sofa Futon Bed, plus its a very attractive sofa, even for a woman.