Yummy Vegan Mini-Corndogs!
When given the challenge to “veganize” corndogs, I searched the Internet high and low to find a recipe that already existed. I came across a few, but most of them called for the same key ingredients: cornmeal, sugar, and, of course, vegan hot dogs.
I finally decided to try the recipe on Vegan Wolf, and I’m really happy with how they turned out. Just a warning, though: This recipe calls for frying, so if you’re looking for a healthier option, baked may be the way to go.
As sad as it is to admit, the hubby and I gobbled these up pretty quickly. And trust me―these vegan corndogs may be tiny, but they pack a lot of flavor and are sure to leave you feeling full and satisfied.
Miniature Vegan Corndogs
For the Mix:
1/4 cup cornmeal
1/2 cup flour
1/2 Tbsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 Tbsp. sugar
1/2 cup plain/unsweetened soy milk
2 Tbsp. oil
1/2 tsp. paprika
For the Hot Dogs:
1 pkg. vegan hot dogs
2 cups vegetable oil
- Combine all the ingredients for the mix in a large bowl to create a batter.
- Cut the vegan hot dogs into small pieces, either halves or quarters.
- Dip the hot dog pieces into the batter to cover.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan. Use tongs to place the batter-covered hot dog pieces in the oil. Fry for about 3 minutes, then turn. The outside should be golden and crispy.
- Serve with ketchup, mustard, and your other favorite toppings.
Makes 4 servings
Commenting is closed.
In This Section
Products temporarily unavailable.