Veganized: Sandwich Cookie-Stuffed Chocolate-Chip Cookies
Love chocolate chip cookies? Love sandwich cookies? Then let’s do the impossible and combine them into one vegan super-cookie! Trust me: If you love chocolate sweets, then this is the cookie for you!
I’ve been on a “veganizing challenge” kick lately, and my most recent conquest was the Oreo-Stuffed Chocolate-Chip Cookie.
Love like this is a beautiful thing, isn’t it?
Sandwich Creme Cookie-Stuffed Chocolate-Chip Cookies
2 cups unbleached flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
Cinnamon, to taste (optional)
Handful vegan chocolate or carob chips
1 cup raw sugar
1/2 cup canola or vegetable oil
1 tsp. vanilla
1/4 cup water
10 vegan sandwich cookies
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Stir in the chips. Make a well in the center and set aside.
- In a medium-size bowl, add the sugar and the oil. Mix well. Add the vanilla and then the water. Mix well.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the well in the dry ingredients. Mix well, but be careful not to overdo it. Add more chips if necessary.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Form balls with the dough.*
- Place one ball on top of a sandwich cookie and another ball on the bottom. Seal the edges together by pressing and cupping in your hands until the sandwich cookie is fully enclosed within the dough.
- Bake the cookies for approximately 15 minutes or until golden brown.
Makes 10 stuffed cookies