Quick and Healthy Ingredients to Revamp Your Summer Salad
The following article was written by Neelam Pai.
This summer, transform a boring salad into a spectacular one! By adding a few key ingredients, you can have not only a hit dish at a barbecue or the dinner table but also a healthy, guilt-free meal that will keep your beach body looking good. Mix and match the following ingredients in a bowl of fresh baby spinach or arugula, and enjoy either a delicious side salad or gigantic entrée:
- Avocados promote good health and fat burning. In addition, this fruit has been shown to reduce the risk of heart disease and is low in saturated fat. Add a few slices of avocado to your salad for a bit of creaminess.
- Adding a tablespoonful of nuts, such as walnuts, pine nuts, or almonds, to your salad will give it more crunchiness while giving you essential minerals, vitamins, and antioxidants. Nuts are also a great source of protein. And walnuts are a great source of omega-3 fatty acids.
- Fresh broccoli and cauliflower can also add some crunch as well as fiber and vitamin C.
- Tofu is a healthy, versatile, and cruelty-free source of protein.
- Rich in vitamin C and a simple sugar called d-mannose, delicious dried cranberries can protect you from urinary tract infections. In addition, the beautiful dark-red fruit adds color to your salad. If you’re not a fan of cranberries, you can add raisins, currants, or other types of dried fruit instead.
- Apple slices make a great addition to a summer salad because they’re juicy, crunchy, and refreshing. They’re also a great source of fiber and can add a hint of sweetness.
- Beans are packed with protein, fiber, minerals, and antioxidants while also being cholesterol-free. Plus, you can choose from many varieties of beans, allowing you to keep things interesting.
So when making a salad for your next dinner party—or just for yourself—remember that mixing and matching these cruelty-free ingredients will contribute not just health benefits but also loads of flavor.
What ingredients do you like to add to your summer salads? Let us know below!
Commenting is closed.
In This Section
Products temporarily unavailable.