Side dishes make a meal complete. You can make a delicious vegan version of practically any side dish:
- Skillet Cornbread goes just right with many soup and chili recipes.
- Chickpeas (aka garbanzo beans) are incredibly versatile and tasty, and since they’re packed with protein, fiber, and other nutrients, they’re also healthy. Try Curried Garbanzo Beans or Light Chickpea Salad.
- Tired of rice and pasta? Try quinoa (pronounced “KEEN-wa”) instead. It’s a protein-rich grain that provides a unique texture to any dish. Try our Quinoa and Green-Bean Salad or Tabouli Salad.
- Potatoes are an ideal addition to almost any meal. Try Creamy Chive Mashed Potatoes, Spicy Sweet-Potato Fries, or Creamy Dill Potato Salad.
- Potent Polenta-Stuffed Peppers and Stuffed Tomatoes will add a colorful element to your meal.
- Replace your usual salad with one of these tasty options: Black Bean and Corn Salad, Asian Fusion Salad, or Blueberry & Wild Rice Salad.