There are an unlimited number of vegan ways to indulge your sweet tooth. Give in to a few of these tempting ideas:
- Even if you aren’t much of a baker, you’ll have no problem making our fantastic Vegan Chocolate Pie. It’s impossible to mess up and soy delicious (get it?).
- Impress Grandma with our vegan All-American Apple Pie.
- Dessert can be as simple as dipping strawberries or cherries into melted vegan chocolate. (You’ll be surprised at how many brands offer vegan chocolate! Try Ghirardelli or Sam’s Choice semisweet baking chips.)
- Trying to cool off? Try So Delicious Purely Decadent soy ice cream (in tantalizing flavors like Mocha Almond Fudge and standards like French Vanilla), Tofutti Cuties, Rice Dream, and fruit sorbets. Many grocery stores offer these nondairy options, and health-food stores usually stock several brands and flavors!
- Make a cookie sandwich by piling icing, such as Duncan Hines Creamy Home-Style Classic Vanilla Frosting, between two Nabisco Ginger Snaps or Oatmeal Cookies—or any of your favorite vegan cookies. If you’re not a fan of frosting, use nondairy ice cream instead (try So Delicious or Tofutti brands).
- Many brands of cookies are vegan (such as Vienna Fingers, some flavors of Oreos, and many generic brands), but you can also make your own with these tried-and-true recipes: Peanut Butter-Chocolate Chip, Oatmeal Raisin, and Simple Sugar Cookies.
- For tasty brownies, Duncan Hines’ California Walnut Brownie Mix and some of the Ghirardelli brownie mixes are vegan. Instead of eggs, use a cruelty- and cholesterol-free egg replacer. Then top with soy ice cream, such as Tofutti, and a cherry for a decadent brownie á la mode! You can also try making our famous brownies, which will please even the pickiest of brownie fans.
- Many prepackaged desserts, including Mrs. Smith’s Cherry Crumb Pie Slices and Famous Amos Sandwich Cookies, are also vegan.
- Like fruit? Whip up a Magnificent Fruit Tart or Chocolate-Raspberry-Hazelnut Torte.