‘Light My Fire’ Chocolates
The following article was written by Carissa Leventis-Cox of Mama in the Kitchen, and she ain’t cookin’!
Looking to spice up your Valentine’s Day? Try these fiery cayenne-dipped chocolates for a real kick! You can give these a special holiday touch by making them in heart shapes—or just make standard bars to kick your chocolate cravings year-round.
Easy Raw Chocolates
4 oz. cacao butter or coconut butter, broken into small pieces
Pinch sea salt
2 oz. agave syrup (or your choice of sweetener)
2-3 oz. raw cacao powder or unsweetened cocoa powder (use more or less depending on how dark you want the bars to be)
- Put the cacao or coconut butter in a heat-resistant bowl and place it over another bowl filled with hot water. Stir occasionally as the butter melts.
- Add the salt, syrup, and cacao or cocoa powder. Mix well.
- If making hearts, fill each heart-shaped mold halfway up with chocolate. (I use silicone molds, but you can also use metal molds). If making bars, simply shape with your fingers and place on a plate or cookie sheet.
- Allow to cool in the freezer for 10 to 15 minutes, or until they harden. For hearts, pop out of the molds carefully.
- Dip the chocolates into Sweet and Spicy Cayenne Dip (see recipe below).
Sweet and Spicy Cayenne Dip
1/4 -3/4 tsp. cayenne pepper, or to taste
1/2 Tbsp. Sucanat or Rapadura
1 Tbsp. sea salt
- Mix all ingredients together.