Healthy and Delicious Vegan Italian Stuffed Zucchini
Are you looking for the perfect summer vegan recipe? Check out actor Victoria Summer as she creates a light and delicious Italian dish in this entertaining clip. Get ready to impress your friends with your new culinary skills at the next summer get-together!
2 medium zucchini
2 garlic cloves
1 medium tomato, seeded and finely chopped
1/2 cup finely chopped fresh mushrooms
1/2 tsp. dried basil
1/2 tsp. dried oregano
1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
2 Tbsp. olive oil
3/4 cup vegan grated Parmesan cheese
2 Tbsp. fresh basil, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Cut the zucchini in half lengthwise. Scoop out the pulp and seeds, leaving a 1/4-inch-thick shell (use a spoon for this). Chop up the pulp from the zucchini.
- Combine the zucchini pulp, garlic, tomato, mushrooms, basil, oregano, crushed red pepper flakes, olive oil and 1/2 cup of the vegan Parmesan cheese in a medium bowl. Divide the mixture among the zucchini shells.
- Place the stuffed zucchini in a 13-inch-by-9-inch baking dish and cover with foil. Bake for 25 minutes, or until the zucchini is tender.
- Bake uncovered for 5 minutes more. Top with the fresh basil.
Check out our conversation with Victoria, in which she talks about going vegan after growing up on meat and potatoes!