Hanukkah Recipe Round-Up
With Hanukkah soon coming to an end, I thought that one last post to celebrate the holiday would be appropriate. Here are some of the best, or most interesting, vegan Hanukkah recipes the Web has to offer—or at least that I could find. If you know of more, please share!
- Broccoli Trees With Creamy White-Bean Dip: This hummus-like dip is made primarily from silken tofu and puréed white beans and was featured in Gourmet’s December 2007 issue (see picture).
- Gefilte “Fish”: This one takes the cake for most intriguing recipe on the list, and I found it thanks to Jewish Veg’s comprehensive collection of holiday recipes.
- Doughnuts: This recipe is available right here on VegCooking.com. Even though the thought of creating homemade doughnuts frightens me just a tad, I think I might finally have to give this one a try.
- Gingerbread Dreidels: Come on, who can resist a holiday cookie? This cute recipe from Bryanna Clark Grogan’s site just had to make the list.
- Broccoli Latkes: I found this recipe on PCRM’s site and thought I would include it for those of you who are looking for low-fat, healthy holiday recipes.
- Potato and Carrot Kugel: Jolinda at Vegetarian.About.com offers up this tasty egg-free kugel recipe.
Again, this is just a glimpse at the vegan Hanukkah recipes out there, and if you have vegan Hanukkah recipes of your own, please share them here.