Order Your FREE Vegan Starter Kit!

vsk cow banner

Did you know that you could save 100 animals per year just by adopting a vegan diet? That’s right—going vegan saves lives. Getting started is easy! Just fill out the form below to receive a free copy of PETA’s vegan starter kit. It will guide you through the transition to a healthier, happier, and longer-lasting life. It has everything from recipes and tips on eating out to health information and videos! Want to get started right now? Check out info on how to go vegan, on making the transition, a two-week meal plan, and a list of accidentally vegan foods (some of your favorite snacks might already be vegan)!

Here are some other great resources to help you transition to a compassionate lifestyle:

• Learn what to buy, what to eat, and where to eat.

VSK How to Go Vegan Button©iStock.com/anouchka

• Browse hundreds of free recipes.

VSK Vegan Recipes Button

• Know someone who is looking to make the switch but needs a little assistance?

VSK For A Friend Button

All fields in bold are mandatory.

You can also check out our online version of the vegan starter kit.

Commenting is closed.
  • Dassi says:

Cool

• Ian says:

@brit2011 I personally don’t believe in god, but I know Jesus was a real man and I think he wouldn’t eat meat especially the way the animals (his father created) are treated, the daunting impact it has on our planet. If god made this planet for us and if he sees everything, then he sees how mans indulgence is mans own destruction, making the decision not to eat meat benefits the planet then I doubt he would reject the idea of going vegan. Im for animal rights not animal welfare, if the animal has not given permission to give up its life for you to eat then I believe its wrong. I wish not to offend you or anyone.

• Sarah says:

I weaned subconsciously for a while to becoming a vegan. I stopped eating pork in fall of 2010 when I became reflective about how pigs had feelings and were pets for some. Then I stopped eating red meat because of the cruelty I knew was happening at farms. I continued to eat chicken, eggs, milk because for dietary reasons, for protein. It wasn’t until I read “Veganism” from Barnes and Nobles that completely changed my perspective on poultry, eggs and dairy. It was the cruelty and health reasons that I just started vegan-style the second after I read the book. Have been a veganist for 26 days and don’t regret it one bit! The only thing I have to remember is making sure I have all the nutrients to avoid anydeficiency. Even when I unconsciously licked meat spaghetti
    sauce from my finger for a meal that I prepared for the meat-eater members, I physically flinched because it didn’t taste good at all. I used to love KFC but now the smell disgusts me. I’m actually quite surprise about the willpower that you can develop from owning your vegan diet.

• omesh jalla says:

you are doing a great job. keep it up.

• Sarah Equality Poulsen says:

@brit2011: If you eat meat, then yes you do kill such innocent creatures. At least be honest about that. You might not personally bash its head in with a cinder block, but the only reason they’re killed is because people like you buy them and eat them. Open your eyes. I’m horrified that your cousin’s bf killed the pig right after she gave birth, but in a sick way, the video being posted was a good thing! People should be aware of how their dinner was treated. Also, btw, the bacon and ham you eat didn’t have life nearly as good as the pig on the video unless you buy from a local family farm. It came from a hell hole called a factory farm and it suffered much more horrible things. Just saying.

• brit2011 says:

ppl it’s not wrong to eat meat because God but some animals on earth to eat but we do eat things we shouldn’t eat it’s not wrong to eat meat but you don’t eat it because you care so much for animals and i understand you i think i feel the same way all of you do i was looking on facebook at my cousin’s bf’s pictures and well, he killed a mama pig right just after it had babies and well, i felt bad because he did it and a friend helped him kill it and i had told him noone, wanted to see it so yeah, i opened my mouth about it because i felt it was wrong i wouldn’t kill such an innocent creature like that believe me i wouldn’t but i did say something about it because he is showing it to everyone and noone, wants to see it and i told him he is sick i do like meat but i should get more vegetables in my diet. i do like vegetables i eat both meat and vegetables and fruits and pastas. and no, i’m not here to offend any one.

• brit2011 says:

• IceTroll says:

NASA and world scientists strain the universe for life, and classify any life as life. (This includes plants) And yet on this big blue planet we humans classify the zygoat that is our unborn children as not being life and thus murder them. I really do not think we can just assume that plants do not feel use eating them, or that consuming them from their ground doesn’t hurt them. Animals protest, that is true but just because plants do not exhibit the same protests that we can determine doesn’t mean they are not screaming. The shear fact that plants and organisms can survive in the harshest of environments means there is a life there.

Animal rights are one thing but where are plant rights?

• Jody says:

I want to become vegan!! I need alittle help though.

• Laurie Simpson says:

I became a vegan about three years ago… I thought I could never do it! Its initially an adjustment yes, but I love the feeling I have now that I am not participating (even if by default) in the slaughter of animals anymore. What helped me is a program called CHIP (coronary heart improvement project). It taught me alot of recipes and info and how to eat healthy. The cost is only for books.. it was taught by volunteers. Helpful to provide the tools and the how when you are struggling and just not sure how to do vegan in a healthy way over the long haul. Meat doesn’t taste as good as my conscience feels now… ;-)

• Hannah says:

I’m so ready for this new lifestyle, im tired of people treating animals like seconed class citizens. Animals have feelings to nomatter how small!!

• Christina says:

I am pledging my 30 days as eating vegan, but I believe it will become a lifestyle. Thank you for your support, and for your website. I can’t wait for the starter kit. Thank you!

• Jennifer says:

Is the shipping and processing/handling free?
    Meaning like,it’s ALL FREE and you won’t be charged?,I would be interested in becoming Vegetarian!,I hope I recieve this in time.

• r.e.a.n.a.b says:

I Have been a vegetarian for 11 years now, when I was 11 my parents were talking about “true veal” and as a Kid I asked what that was and when they told me that it was unborn calf cut out of its mother and then killed because its meat was tender, I spat out the steak stew i was eating then and there and have never touched meat again! No animal should have to go through pain & torture for meat or clothing…. No way! so I can say I am a Happy vego, I’ll never go back :)

• Janvetta says:

Iam so happy to be starting this new part of my life. NO MORE MEAT!

• Kim says:

Right after I got this I went vegetarian and I am not looking back. It’s been over three months and I’ve not felt this good in a long time!

• Kyra Cecil-Cockwell says:

I’ve been trying to be vegan since the summer, but it’s difficult, and I think a book about the subject would really help.

• Susan bartholomew says:

I’ve always wanted to move towards a vegetarian diet, this boOk and a program with dharma mittra together has given me the push, can’t wait for the starter kit

• Priscilla says:

Thanks

• Mariz says:

Cant wait to try it out! Always looking for ways to make the world more green!

• Paigels22 says:

I’m ready for this new lifestyle

• Paigels22 says:

I’m ready for this new lifestyle

• Amelia says:

I’m ready for this

• Natpask says:

Cheers.

• Lene says:

I’m excited to try this out!!

• Lene says:

I’m excited to try this out!!

• Anthony says:

After watching the videos of the crulety these animals go through just to feed humans a cheeseburger made me see a whole new perspective on how to feed my fam.

• Xtine40 says:

Thank you.

• Katy says:

I have lost 28lbs just in the process of becoming vegan. I also have a lot more energy. I will be sharing this kit with a friend who saw the results so far, and wants to loose weight too. I did it for the animals after i saw earthlings, but whatever her reason is, it will save lives. :)

• Mr.Big says:

Looking forward to trying vegan diet. Hopefully it helps me with health issues.

• Christina says:

Looking fwd to seeing how this goes for me…

• Nunsar Sillie says:

• Tracey says:

This is a must …..

• Lorie says:

Thank you!!

• Cheerios says:

I can’t wait

• Layla says:

:) Thankyou

• Layla says:

:) Thankyou

• Stephanie says:

Thank you!!

• Julie6406 says:

Thanx for the kit- I look forward to all the great tips, and to living healthier!

• Cliff says:

On page 18 of the recent “starter kit” magazine, the recipe for “wild mushroom stroganoff” has a reference to “try Campbell’s brand” mushroom gravy. Considering that this extremely large factory corporation is one of the biggest contributors to animal products from factory farming, could not another brand from another company that could have used the promotion better then that which was given to Campbell’s? Such as ‘Imagine Vegetarian Wild Mushroom Gravy’. Anything would have been better. I don’t think that endorsing one of the biggest meat users in the world shows your true side very well.

Cliff Faber
    Vancouver, BC

• Ankit singh says:

I am 19 years old.for sake of animals i have been vegetarian.now i feel much better,my confidance enhanced fourfold because directly i am saving lives.

• Deanna says:

Helping out the greatest beings on earth: animals:)

• Bella says:

My first step to a better life!

• Nikolai815 says:

You are what you eat.

• Anthea anton says:

I love animals and I can’t stand the thought that we are treating them so bad!

• Anthea anton says:

I love animals and I can’t stand the thought that we are treating them so bad!

• Anthea anton says:

I love animals and I can’t stand the thought that we are treating them so bad!

• Mariel H says:

Truly thinking about what I am eating I could only make the decision to become a vegan. Thank you for educating me.

• Mariel H says: