Order Your FREE Vegan Starter Kit!

vsk cow banner

Did you know that you could save 100 animals per year just by adopting a vegan diet? That’s right—going vegan saves lives. Getting started is easy! Just fill out the form below to receive a free copy of PETA’s vegan starter kit. It will guide you through the transition to a healthier, happier, and longer-lasting life. It has everything from recipes and tips on eating out to health information and videos! Want to get started right now? Check out info on how to go vegan, on making the transition, a two-week meal plan, and a list of accidentally vegan foods (some of your favorite snacks might already be vegan)!

Do you use screen-reading software? Find the HTML version of the vegan starter kit here

Here are some other great resources to help you transition to a compassionate lifestyle:

• Learn what to buy, what to eat, and where to eat.
VSK How to Go Vegan Button©iStock.com/anouchka
  • Browse hundreds of free recipes.

VSK Vegan Recipes Button

• Know someone who is looking to make the switch but needs a little assistance?

VSK For A Friend Button

All fields in bold are mandatory.

Commenting is closed.
  • Brittney says:

Excited about my new healthy lifestyle! :)

• Dani says:

Ordering this for my sister. Thrilled

• everett says:

Cannot wait to start being a veggie

• Beth says:

Long time vegetarian, became vegan on April 21st 2013. I am so excited!!!!!!

• Helga Guillen says:

I stop eating meat when i watched a video. Here in Australia the Government export live animals to Asian country’s and Arabic country’s the horror the poor animals endure is beyond words, I watched the video of the Barbaric, sick, cruel, heartless treatment from Indonesia to the animals from Australia, I still can hear their terrified cry’s, their terrified faces, they watched the torture of others and they knew they will be next, i couldn’t stop crying,This sick people of Indonesia without compassion, Horrible, we are fighting here in Australia to stop the live export, if they are cruel with the animals here in Australia in those country’s is a thousand time worse, shame on them.

• BriityJonas says:

I am so pumped to start my vegatarian life!! <3 I love animals, why would I want to eat them????

• NLK522 says:

I really am motivated to start this journey. I have had stomach problems for a long time now and I truly feel this will be the beginning to me finally feeling better.

• Elizabeth Jordan says:

There are so many delicious vegetarian recipes out there.

• Kl907 says:

Yay lets do this

• Andy says:

I have been a lacto-ovo vegetarian for the last 3 years mainly for health reasons. I have kidney stones and found out they were caused by animal protein, so I ditched the meat. I have now adopted a vegan lifestyle for the last month (using the 30 day pledge)and found it so much easier than I ever thought possible. I love it! In the past 3 years, I have also researched and found through the help of PETA what humans are doing to our beautiful animals in lab testing, factory farms, etc. This made me so sick that I contributed to this culture for most of my life. Make the change. It will not only save animals, but it can also change your health!! Vegan for life!!

• Amy says:

So excited to begin my new lifestyle

• Theresa O'Donnell says:

I have always been against animal cruelty but not realizing that with me eating meat and dairy i was contributing to this cruelty. How many other people out there like me. Cant wait for my starter kit x

• Janice says:

I can’t wait to start a new life!!!

• JoeLampo says:

I was a meat eater then saw an ad on YouTube from Joan Jett through PETA and it changed my whole thought process. I always loved animals but never thought about the pain and suffering they go through just to give us a short and temporary satisfaction.

• mattleah says:

I am excited to get started.

• Aimee says:

I have been thinking alot about becoming a vegetarian lately, I love animals and I hear the health benefits are great so I’m really looking forward to starting a new life without meat. Thank you PETA

• Amanda Garcia says:

I gave up meat almost a year ago after I watched a documentary called, Earthlings and I can honestly say it’s the best choice I have ever made for myself. I’m a huge animal lover and I would NEVER eat any of my fury friends even if I was starving to death. I’d much rather die with their company by my side than in vain.

• Jen says:

I’m excited to become a vegan!

• Kumar says:

A Vegetarian diet, comprising rice, pulses,fruits and vegetables,is the best.

• cf stegeman says:

Stopped eating meat in 1985 stopped eating fish 1989 and still going strong aged 78 We even had a vegetarian dog!For mankind to survive we will all need to stop eating meat someday.

• Emily says:

I am now so motivated to adopt a vegan lifestyle.

• Maddie says:

I have got to get one of those t-shirts that says “vegetarians rock!”

• Maddie says:

I am THRILLED to begin my vegetarian lifestyle!

• Tiff says:

A life is a life and I’m not taking one

• Madforhatter10 says:

I work in a produce store and we actually have an employee that worked for a short time at a slaughterhouse. He stopped working there because of the conditions, and he is very picky on meats. To hear some of his stories and to see what these animals go through is astounding, and personally i dont understand why the government doesnt put more restrictions down because its all animal cruelty. I cant wait for my starter kit, and im already looking up recipes to replace my meats. Thank you PETA!

• Kerry Lee says:

I just watched the video ‘why I dont eat chicken’
    … I cried. I swear im NEVER gonna eat chicken EVER AGAIN!!!! I have been brought up on chicken and now I know the truth. I dont understand how people can treat animals in this way!?
    its disgusting there really is hell on earth. I wish I could save all the animals I really do :(

• taja says:

I am truly excited to begin my new vegan lifestyle!

• Alis says:

I can’t stand the fact that farm animals are horribly treated. I feel even worse that I never took the time to even think about the consequences of consuming animal products. I don’t ever want to be a part of animal cruelty, and not consuming animal products is going to be my way of helping. I know it is going to be very hard at first, but just thinking about the cruelty that goes on in these slaughter houses helps me.

• Shalottt says:

I’ve been unsuccessfully trying to go vegan for some time now. A couple weeks ago iread something on the PETA site that finally made me give up beef/red meat in general and pork completely. I’m not all the way there yet, but I’m well on my way. I will continue the education.

• Carlos says:

Es horrible ver la forma en que tratan a los animales cuando el surtir la demanda de alimentos de origen animal esta de por medio, más por que en estas practicas se pierden el pudor y el respeto hacía ellos como seres humanos, por otra parte respeto el hecho de los pequeños granjeros que a raíz de esto se han encargado de cambiar sus procesos para obtener este producto que para muchos, incluyéndome, nos es delicioso, por lo cual no insito a las personas a seguir consumiendo carne solamente por el hecho de consumir sino invito a aquellos que aún viendo semejante video, opten por consumir productos de origen animal asegurándose que los productos que van a consumir provengan de medios confiables y con estándares de calidad altos respetando la manera en que se sacrifican a los animales para el consumo humano.

• Lyssa says:

I’ve been considering vegetarian for a while, but I wasn’t sure how to start. I don’t like the way animals are treated for food processing.

• Holly says:

For years I have not felt comfortable eating meat, chicken and fish. After seeing some of the videos and
    reading about investigations I am interested in Vegan recipes. The horror these creatures had suffered is
    just unthinkable. We as humans that can help theses animals have an obligation!! Please send me the starter
    kit!!!

• Sasha says:

A pig is no different to a cat, cow or crow all living things should have freedom

• Sara R. says:

I watched Morgan Spurlocks show “30 Days”. One of the episodes (season3episode3) was about a hunter moving in with a family of vegans who are also animal rights activists. That reassured me that going vegan is the way to go. I’m so excited to stat the process!

• Bianca says:

I am taking the pledge today. I am horrified at what happens to these animals and feel a personal responsibility to do my part.

• Sarah says:

Looking forward to getting in the kitchen and making some great vegan recipes!

• Catherine Alexander says:

I look forward to feeling better about what I put in my body. I also do not want to make anima suffer for my food!

• juliaseixas says:

I’m a vegetarian!

• Lwo says:

I was vegan to a year in 2007 after taking PETAs 30 day challenge. I slowly went back to vegetarian habits but am tired of walking the fence, because I know better and want to live a life of committed compassion to all species. Everyone deserves respect!

• Jenny B says:

Excited to get started

• Elle Jay says:

Want to see if I notice a different in energy level while saving animals at the same time!

• Anammie says:

I took the pledge today after watching the “Glass Walls” video, it made me physically ill to see how animals are treated. I never even knew fish could feel pain. I really hope that by becoming vegan I can somehow make a difference, no matter how small :(

• Tomi says:

I will give the vegan life a shot and hopefully I can stick to it.

• Amanda lewington says:

I have cut out red meat from my diet for 3 months now after watching the way animals are treated. I cannot understand the mentality of those men kicking, punching, stabbing, stamping on and slamming those poor innocent animals!. I think of it every day now and get over whelmed when i look at meat. I know if we did not eat meat animals would be rare but at least it would end suffering!

• Sammi says:

Already vegetarian, very interested in going vegan too. Already sneaking meat free alternative into my families dinners as they are refusing to budge. Every little help tho even if they chose to still eat meat I can save some lives on the sly ;)

• Khye says:

Would love to learn more about PETA i have been a vegaterian for sometime now but want to still change somethings in my lifestyle of eating.

• Lynne says:

I am trying this vegan way of life! I can’t make excuses for my indirect harm of animals anymore. If I eat them, their products and wear them, I’m part of the problem and their suffering.

• King says: