Find the HTML version of the vegan starter kit here.

Order Your FREE Vegan Starter Kit!

vsk cow banner

Did you know that you could save 100 animals per year just by adopting a vegan diet? That’s right—going vegan saves lives. Getting started is easy! Just fill out the form below to receive a free copy of PETA’s vegan starter kit. It will guide you through the transition to a healthier, happier, and longer-lasting life. It has everything from recipes and tips on eating out to health information and videos! Want to get started right now? Check out info on how to go vegan, on making the transition, a two-week meal plan, and a list of accidentally vegan foods (some of your favorite snacks might already be vegan)!

Here are some other great resources to help you transition to a compassionate lifestyle:

• Learn what to buy, what to eat, and where to eat.
VSK How to Go Vegan Button©iStock.com/anouchka
  • Browse hundreds of free recipes.

VSK Vegan Recipes Button

• Know someone who is looking to make the switch but needs a little assistance?

VSK For A Friend Button

All fields in bold are mandatory.

Commenting is closed.
  • Rachel says:

I was hesitant to go completely vegetarian (I didn’t eat red meat for years as a start) and am SO GLAD I did! I have always been passionate about animals and against any cruelty and I FINALLY decided to stop supporting it! For a while I fell for the “free range” myth but since there is no legal definition to this term any company can simply add it to the box to charge you more. I promise you won’t regret it, I lost 15 pounds since I cut the meat out (and now try to avoid dairy/eat vegan as much as possible). Just wanted to offer some encouragement!

• Rachel says:

• Libba says:

I love animals and can’t stand to see them suffering for giving us food. I never understood why farmers don’t treat their stock with love and respect since that is how they take care of themselves and their families. Eating meat used to never bother me, but now that I have seen the torture they go through I can no longer eat meat and feel good about myself or what I feed my children!

• Bsuguy says:

Awesome

• Marti says:

I so desperately want to commit to a vegan lifestyle. Considering that i live in an omnivorous home, I’m going to rely heavily on the PETA site for inspiration and strength when I feel weak!

• Lizzie217! says:

Defend those who can not defend themselves!!!

• George says:

WOw i have never seen anything Like this in my life this video has really moved me if there was a solution id do anything in my power to help out but switching from Meet isnt so easy im willing to give it a try and so should everyone els.

• George says:

• Tanya says:

I’m looking forward to eating healthier

• Fred Rangel says:

I will never give up meat compleately. BUT after seeing this, I will reduce my consumption and look for meat from natural and organic farms. Killing will always be cruel, but if an animal has a decent life before that i feal it would be much better. We ALL die and nature is cruel, but we dont have to be the worst that nature offers. IF ALL of us who eat meat reduce consumption and buy only from organic sources (or hunt our own), there would be no need for the cruel conditions of the modren meat industry. 200 years ago, it wasen’t like this. This is a demand problem, not a meat problem. Meat from natual sources, raised in nature and killed as humainly as possable without all the chemicals and force feading is a diffrent story.

PETA should educate the general public on alternitve sources of meat rather than simply say Vegetarian is king. Personaly, I could never be a vegetarian and live happly (I tried, I hatted it). But for those of use who will not convert, educate us in how to obtain the meat we eat from less cruel sources. This is no diffrent than teaching about condoms in school. Right now your just teaching abstince, and we all know that never works.

• Chanel says:

I love animals…. Why should I eat them?!?!

• green-ftw says:

i`ve been a vegetarian for about nine months AND I DON`T REGRET A THING!!! :) about a monthy after i stopped ditched the meat industry my weight became alot better (i lost 3 kilos) and i felt som much better.

• Vera says:

I ask for a kit before and didn’t get one. So, I am reordering.

Please send me out a kit. Thank you.

• gabriella says:

its really disgusting to see what people do to these innocent animals

• ffeonzxe says:

I forever wonder why anyone would think that eating food un-naturally raised and fed, inhumanely treated, transported and slaughtered would not have a devastating effect on the consumers’
    health. “We are what we eat” I believe, and the chemicals fed to these animals, and the abuse they suffer, will, in no uncertain terms affect the consumer. I have not eaten any animal product in a long time, but I lack the “know how/what” to eat to survive nutritionally being a vegetarian, so I am always concerned… never the less, I refrain from eating animal products.

• Carrie Poublanc says:

what if we live in an apartment?
    how do we put that info there?

• Julielcain says:

My eyes are opened

• toni says:

been a vegi before ……….been thinking to start again and seeing the killings ……dreadful will try a vegetarian diet

• Sandy says:

26 days into pledge to be veg!! Feel good about it and haven’t missed the meat… ( well 1 day I did at a BBQ- smelled good- then I remembered it was flesh)

• Little Bee says:

Thank you!! :)

• Little Bee says:

Thank you!! :)

• Jasmine says:

Love Animals!=]

• TR33HUGG3R! says:

bout time people speak up and save animals.. they didnt do anything to derserve a bad life..

• Dbraccischi says:

Looking to make a change and do some good.

• jenifer_espitia@yahoo.com says:

IM GANNA LIVE LONGER yeaa!!

• ErinRaff says:

We are the ones who give voices to our furry friends whose voices cannot be heard.

• KathyK says:

After many years of shielding my eyes from the truth of what the animals that provide our meat go through, I watched the movie “Food, Inc.” Afterwards, I went online to see videos on the PETA site detailing the horrors of animal farming and what these animals go through – from birth to slaughter. A life of no kind words, gestures, or compassion. Living in fear, filth and pain. Meat is not a necessary ingredient to sustain us. It is, in fact, more unhealthy than ever. Fear, pain, and stress hormones are released into these animals systems – same as us. Who would want to ingest this? I say a prayer that God will have a beautiful place for these creatures that have suffered so badly in this cruel place.

• Nightmarerideson says:

Please help me live a life conducive to my beliefs: respect, love, health and fairness.

• Nightmarerideson says:

• Katrina0925 says:

God, give me strength!

• djtn says:

save the great animals!!!

• Jambu says:

Be A Humaj, save animal, we are not God, so v dont have any roght to kill animal, its God’s depatment to give and take life.

• Alexa says:

I´ve been a vegetarian for some years now, and I can´t describe the peace of mind, spirit and body…
    We DON´T NEED MEAT!
    We NEED more information and love.

• Giuliana says:

I already order my kit. I’m looking foward to read it, ’cause I just started my life’s choice and I need some guidance. And I’m sure I’ll aprecciate enought.

• Samantha Enterkin says:

I watched the movie Food Inc. in class today and I was mortified! I’m seriously thinking about becoming a vegetarian.

• Rivas82 says:

Let’s do this!

• Forreal says:

Time for a change.

• klakla says:

Do something positive today

• RachelM says:

Your website along with the documentary “Food, Inc.” were extremely informitive and opened my eyes to the horrible and extremely unsanitary ways animals are treated. I will no longer have anything to do with it!

• Danielle says:

I can’t wait to start a healthier life!

• Nessybug says:

Yay!

• ecotararist says:

if we arent supposed to eat humans why are they made of meat ?

• John says:

great site, videos are horrifying but informative!

• John says:

great site, videos are horrifying but informative!

• cinezombie says:

I’m really tired of standing by and doing nothing. It’s just too much for me to let slide anymore.

• Beth Olson says:

Save our animals from tortue and a horrible life!

• Beth Olson says:

Save our animals from tortue and a horrible life!

• Anonymous says:

I’m looking forward to a healthier and more balanced way of life.

• i.hump.unicorns says: