The Elusive Vegan Engagement Chicken
The following article was written by Ashley Palmer.
According to Glamour Magazine, rumor has it that a particular chicken recipe will get your man to pop the question.
The traditional recipe calls for an entire chicken carcass. And the secret ingredient? Shoving entire lemons up the dead bird’s bum. Nast-ay!
So what’s an animal-loving girl to do when she is tired of waiting for a proposal?! Try out our vegan version of the elusive recipe instead. Here’s to hoping he’ll “put a ring on it” soon!
Vegan Engagement Chicken
2 Gardein Chick’n Scallopini Cutlets
2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
1/3 cup vegetable broth
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 whole lemon, halved
1/4 tsp. dried rosemary
1/4 tsp. black pepper
- Combine all the ingredients (except the lemon) into a dish. Take one of your lemon halves and squeeze the fresh juice into the mixture and set in the fridge to marinate for about 4 hours.
- Slice your other lemon half into thin slices. You’ll use this as a garnish after quickly browning them in a pan.
- Pour all the ingredients into a frying pan, and turn your stove to medium-high heat.
- Allow the Gardein chik’n to soak in the liquid. Flip occasionally. Eventually, the liquid will begin to absorb and evaporate. You must flip the chick’n more frequently until it becomes golden brown and crispy on the outside.
- Serve with lots of love to the object of your affection!
Makes 1 serving
And for all the brides- and grooms-to-be, consider honoring your guests with a donation to PETA through our new wedding favors of compassion!