Chef Chloe’s Tiramisù Pancakes
Cookies, pies, cakes, doughnuts, cupcakes … whatever your vegan tummy desires, you can be sure that Chef Chloe has the cure for your sweet tooth in her new book Chloe’s Vegan Desserts! With more than 100 recipes for everything from lemon bars to chocolate hazelnut gelato and mocha mud pie, Chef Chloe really provides readers with an all-inclusive “vegan dessert bible.”
To give you a taste of what Chloe’s Vegan Desserts has to offer, Chloe has kindly shared one of her delicious recipes with us for you to enjoy!
From Chloe’s Vegan Desserts
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 Tbsp. baking powder
1 Tbsp. instant espresso powder
½ tsp. salt
¾ cup water
¼ cup maple syrup
1 Tbsp. dark rum
1 cup nondairy semisweet chocolate chips
Vegan whipped cream, optional
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, espresso powder, and salt.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together the water, maple syrup, and rum.
- Add the liquid to the flour mixture and whisk until just combined. Do not overmix; the batter should have some lumps in it.
- Gently fold in the chocolate chips.
- Lightly oil a large nonstick skillet or griddle and heat over medium-high heat.
- Pour ¼ cup batter onto the skillet. When bubbles appear in the center of the pancake, flip it.
- Let cook on the other side until lightly browned and cooked through, about 1 minute more.
- Remove from the skillet and keep warm in the oven.
- Repeat with the remaining batter, adding more oil to the skillet as needed. If the batter becomes too thick, add a little more water, 1 tablespoonful at a time.
- To serve, dust the pancakes with powdered sugar and top with a dollop of vegan whipped cream if desired.
Makes 2-3 servings