25 Vegan Candies for a ‘Spooktacular’ Halloween

Don’t forget to check the following list when you stock up for trick-or-treaters. It’s the perfect mix of classic and contemporary vegan candy, and each of these treats is sure to hit the sweet spot this Halloween season. When in doubt, beware of these three cruelly obtained ingredients: gelatin (cow’s bones), carmine color (crushed beetles), and confectioner’s glaze (made from female lac beetles).

1. Airheads

8. Fruit by the Foot

Vegan Halloween Candy Fruit by the Foot

9. Fun Dip

Vegan Halloween Candy fun dip

10. Hubba Bubba bubble gum

Vegan Halloween Candy hubba bubba

11. Jolly Ranchers (lollipops and hard candy)

Vegan Halloween Candy Jolly Rancher

12. Laffy Taffy (some varieties)

laffy taffy

13. Mamba Fruit Chews

Vegan Halloween Candy mamba

14. Goldenburg’s Peanut Chews (Original Dark Chocolate Variety)

goldenburg peanut chews

15. Pixy Stix

Vegan Halloween Candy pixy stix

16. Runts

Vegan Halloween Candy runts

17. Skittles (all U.S. flavors)

Vegan Halloween Candy Skittles

18. Smarties

Vegan Halloween Candy smarties

19. Sour Patch Kids

Vegan Halloween Candy sour patch kids

20. Spooky Nerds (orange-and-white punch flavors)

Vegan Halloween Candy spooky nerds

21. Starburst Minis

Vegan Halloween Candy starburst

22. Swedish Fish

Vegan Halloween Candy swedish fish

23. SweeTARTS

Vegan Halloween Candy sweetarts

24. Twizzlers

Vegan Halloween Candy Twizzlers

25. Zotz

Vegan Halloween Candy zotz

Looking for the perfect Halloween meal? Check out our list of vegan pumpkin recipes for some delicious fall-inspired dishes.

Commenting is closed.
  • Kenny Harvey says:

@Alanna-R Thank you for the update on the Twizzler information.

• wapf says:

None of these items are fair trade.

• Alanna-R says:

@Kenny-H It has changed! Twizzlers no longer contain gelatin.

• Alanna-R says:

@pixiepigs Try checking http://www.peta.org.uk/ !

• Kenny H. says:

I was under the impression it was Red Vines that were vegan, and not Twizzlers due to the gelatin ingredients listed on their packaging. Has that changed?

• Sally Anne Hubbard says:

This is a wonderful list. I am so glad Swedish fish are vegan. I am also so glad that so many people are reading ingredient labels to make sure no animal products are listed. We are moving into such a compassionate age.

• pixiepigs says:

I love this list of vegan sweets and glad to see some that are familiar! But are you able to do a list of Vegan candies which are from the UK? I live in England and would love to know what sweets are vegan :)

• Trae says:

Thanks for this list ! I wanted to pick up some Halloween candy in case I get any trick-or-treaters, but also wanted to avoid those that contained animal byproducts. I will double-check the ingredients lists before I buy any, just to make sure that the companies haven’t changed anything, but at least this list gives me an idea of where to start my search.

• Jeri says:

Mike and Ike candy lists confectioners glaze in their ingredients list. I’ve read that confectioners glaze is not vegan. Is that true?

• Amy-C says:

At the time this was published and still today, the candies you mention are vegan. Laffy Taffy (some varieties, including rope), Airheads, and Swedish Fish list their ingredients on their website and they don’t contain egg albumen, gelatin or whey.

Your comment made me think of an important point though. These candies aren’t made by vegan companies and they don’t guarantee that their products will remain vegan so you may want to read the labels before purchasing!

• tripwirestrippin says:

About the candy you are advertising as vegan, I happen to know that some of these contain egg albumen, gelatin and possibly whey. Please check your sources. I cannot eat laffy taffy/airheads/swedish fish because they contain these products. I do eat Dots, Smarties, Jolly Ranchers, and dum dum suckers.