Vegan Shoe of the Month: Combat Boots

The following is a guest post by PETA staffer Royale.

Who is the vegan vixen?

She is strong, but compassionate; she is a lover and a fighter; and she is down for the cause and for causing a scene. In a word, she’s a trooper. And this trooper is all about wearing her heart on her feet.

The lace-up combat boot is the perfect look for enemy-engaging, animal-defending dames. It’s coming in hot this fall, and with plenty of vegan options, there’s no excuse for animal casualties. Mid-calf or knee-high or buckled, zipped, or laced, each pair comes with a personality all its own. Just add activist.

So lace up, it’s time to kick some fur-wearing, animal-experimenting, meat-eating derrière, ladies. Don’t like our style, Nuclear Wintour? Tough chic.

And just so you know, the vegan versions are signified by the pink heart!

Kors Michael Kors Joplin Boot: $395

Be all you can be in boots that are cute and cruelty-free!

Forward march in fashion-forward footwear!

Robert Clergerie Astor: $795

Rough-and-tumble reaches new heights … of compassion!

Joie Tall Lace-Up Boot: $535

So which pair will you be giving cruelty the boot in? Tell me in the comment section below.

Commenting is closed.
  • Nirupama says:

Are there any vegan boots that payless is selling now that do not look or feel like leather? Please let me know.

• Yvette says:

I bought the aldo clogs in the ICe….They are NICE! comfortable also!

• mary says:

I would buy ANY of the pink heart boots if they were available in europe. I too live in Denmark and customs often cost more than the item itself (lesson learned).
    All our environment taxes are pointless when we slaughter 20 million pigs every year.

• Heather says:

People, please pay attention and quit picking the non-vegan boots! And as for price comments, again, please notice that the cheaper boots are the vegan ones! My choice would be the Steve Madden ones, I think.

• Lowe says:

The most expensive cruelty free boot is not $800…it’s $99.95. Skimming (rather than reading) is the way to go through life ill-informed.

• PattyCats says:

$800.00 for a boot, especially cruelty-free, is a crime. I’d rather wear old leather boots donated to a thrift shop.

• CAROL says:

I wish more designers like Stella McCartney would be in on the chic designer sandals, everyday and evening shoes. Not combat boots!

• Jamie Damico says:

Love these!

• Jeani B. says:

My favorite is one that no one has picked yet!
    The Olsenboye metroclog because they are chunky
    heels and look easier to walk in and also kind of boot-like in their vibe. Clean,simple, classic lines.
    Yea for faux leather!!!!!!!!!!

• Diane Lukich says:

Could we persuade Christian Louboutin to make some vegan shoes. I love his shoes but can’t live with the leather guilt.

• TrishaMarie says:

Why do the the toes curl on the vegan boots. Come on, lets do better than that. We want sleek and sexy, without dead animal skin.

• Verónic says:

LOVE THEM ALL!!! but i´m in Paraguay… i guess i´ll just settle with sandals…

• Verónic says:

• Anne Cathrine Dalgaard says:

I think the “Kors Michael Kors Joplin Boot” and the “Joie Tall Lace-Up Boot” are awesome, but I like the “Steve Madden Commbat” the best (:
    I wish you could buy these in Europe! I live in Denmark and if I order from outside the European Union I’d have to pay a lot in customs :( It really sucks, because there aren’t that many vegan shops in Europe.

• Mary says:

Stacy have you ever even seen a dominatrix? They don’t usually wear FLAT boots. :p just FYI.

I adore the bakers hemet boots. They actually look better than the leather version! Love it!

• Mina says:

just noticed they are NOT vegan. but i wouldn’t see the difference if the were. PLEASE robert clergerie, make them vegan!

• Mina says:

I would totally go for the Robert Clergerie boots!
    They have an interesting and extraordinary shape, the other boots are a bit boring.
    pity I don’t have $795 left!

• Heather says:

Of course I immediately want the 535 dollar pair. Yes, these are rad. Give me them. Kthx.

• Holly says:

I would definitely go with the Bakers Hemet. I have a heavier pair of that type but can’t be worn everywhere. Years ago I got a pair of cruelty free boots from Bakers and they are still awesome!

• Delilah says:

Please make vegan desert Army boots!!

• Jennifer M. says:

I love the Target Dolce Vita boot and just added them to my Target on-line cart. I have some similar boots with an almost-flat heel that I bought at Target five or six years ago; they are non-leather and still holding up well. I only wish these came in brown as well!

• stacy says:

Why would anyone wear those dominatrix boots.

• Silvia says:

Can’t they make a vegan clog more birken looking? The concept is cool but those heels are hell!

• EILEEN says:

It’s nice to see so many great vegan options!!! I especially love the pair from Alloy. And, I love the price. Not sure I won’t fall off the 5″ heel, but it’s worth a try.
    Thanks for sharing ‘-)

• Betsy Christison says:

How about some recommendations for shoes that can actually be walked in by those of us who don’t wear high heels?

• Wendy Stewart says:

Thanks so much for adding another pair of clogs. I like the new additions better than Forever 21’s pair!

• Wendy Stewart says:

Thank you so much for finding these shoes! I love to wear clogs because they’re easier on my feet and I can still look good with pants or jeans on. I like them all, but my favorite would have to be the ones from Forever 21. However, since I have wide feet, I’ll have to try them all on. Oh, darn =)

• Gwen says:

I love the third ones down– the Newport News Clog. Plus I love the price :)

I’m new to being a vegatarian so I’m not pure vegan yet. But I’m definitely kicking leather off my shopping list. Torturing an animal just to make shoes that can be made out of plant-based materials or other is out of the question.

• beecharmer says:

My first choice is Aldo but they are too pricey. The ones from forever 21 are very cute and less expensive. I couldn’t get the link to work either…got an error.

• Michelle Miner says:

I love all of them! but I prefer the ivory/cream clog that aldo makes, because of the color, classic look, and last but not least, the heel height. I think these will work great with pants, skirts, dresses, shorts, and even capris! these make me want to go out and buy some! Thanks for the great advice xoxo everyone!

• Melissa Cahoon says:

LUV the dark brown sooo cute…

• loveanimals says:

Are the glue’s vegan too in these mainstream brand names? Might be safer to shop at all vegan footwear places like Mooshoes, Karmavore, Vegan Essentials, etc…

• Laura Spitalniak says:

I LOVE the Alloy Keller Clog. Size nine please!!!

• Laura Spitalniak says:

I like the Carissa by Aldo ones best, but feel free to surprise me 😉 As long as they’re size 9, I’m flexible!

• Alicia Potts says:

I love them all, where can i buy them in Australia?

• patricia Price says:

Send me a magazine 1091 Oakcrest drive Charleston, SC 29412

• Deirdre says:

Def LOVE the Forever21 Biker Clogs. Also, can’t get the link to work, though. :(

• Kathy says:

I plan on hunting down and buying all 4 styles. Beautiful stuff, esp. for someone with a shoe fetish who only buys humanely.

• Lisa says:

Tried to look the last pair up to check how much shipping ect-but it doesnt exist.

• Sonia says:

OMG! Thanks PETA! I’ve been trying to find non-leather clogs since I started seeing them all over the place. It’s a toss up between Aldo and Newport News.

• Tiffany says:

they dont really appeal to me & i cant even walk in them (nor do i have any interest in learning), but as long as theyre earth friendly!

i dont like the sandal clogs either @ all, but theyre so light & comfy!

• Buddy says:

I find the white ones oddly appealing.

• ss says:

Forever 21 Biker Babe Blogs cant get the link to work tho cant find them on Forever 21 either maybe

• says:

Great finds! I WISH I could wear any/all of them, but high heels are no longer an option for me following a broken ankle. If I had to choose a favorite, I think I’d go with the Alloy Keller clog.

Over the years we’ve received a lot of inquiries asking if we know of sources for vegan ballet and pointe shoes. I wish THOSE were easy to find!

• Jennifer M. says:

Glad to see cruelty-free shoes coming out in popular styles. However, with men seeming to get shorter and shorter these days, I hate to wear platforms and super-high heels. Am I the only one that thinks about that?

• Kirsten says:

I love the light ones! So cute!

• Helena Holmes says:

Alloy Keller love the dark brown or forever 21 cos black can be carried through all seasons, but I LOVE them all…

• Dani says:

I love the Forever21 clogs!

• Anne Cathrine Dalgaard says:

My favorite is the Alloy Keller Clog, because of the color and shape (:

• Michelle says:

Love the Newport News platform. To die for! Wish we could get these in New Zealand!