Vegan Shoe of the Month: Combat Boots

The following is a guest post by PETA staffer Royale.

Who is the vegan vixen?

She is strong, but compassionate; she is a lover and a fighter; and she is down for the cause and for causing a scene. In a word, she’s a trooper. And this trooper is all about wearing her heart on her feet.

The lace-up combat boot is the perfect look for enemy-engaging, animal-defending dames. It’s coming in hot this fall, and with plenty of vegan options, there’s no excuse for animal casualties. Mid-calf or knee-high or buckled, zipped, or laced, each pair comes with a personality all its own. Just add activist.

So lace up, it’s time to kick some fur-wearing, animal-experimenting, meat-eating derrière, ladies. Don’t like our style, Nuclear Wintour? Tough chic.

And just so you know, the vegan versions are signified by the pink heart!

Kors Michael Kors Joplin Boot: $395

Be all you can be in boots that are cute and cruelty-free!

Forward march in fashion-forward footwear!

Robert Clergerie Astor: $795

Rough-and-tumble reaches new heights … of compassion!

Joie Tall Lace-Up Boot: $535

So which pair will you be giving cruelty the boot in? Tell me in the comment section below.

Commenting is closed.
  • Nirupama says:

Are there any vegan boots that payless is selling now that do not look or feel like leather? Please let me know.
    Thanks
    Nirupama

• Yvette says:

I bought the aldo clogs in the ICe….They are NICE! comfortable also!

• mary says:

I would buy ANY of the pink heart boots if they were available in europe. I too live in Denmark and customs often cost more than the item itself (lesson learned).
    All our environment taxes are pointless when we slaughter 20 million pigs every year.

• Heather says:

People, please pay attention and quit picking the non-vegan boots! And as for price comments, again, please notice that the cheaper boots are the vegan ones! My choice would be the Steve Madden ones, I think.

• Lowe says:

PattyCats…

The most expensive cruelty free boot is not $800…it’s $99.95. Skimming (rather than reading) is the way to go through life ill-informed.

• PattyCats says:

$800.00 for a boot, especially cruelty-free, is a crime. I’d rather wear old leather boots donated to a thrift shop.

• CAROL says:

I wish more designers like Stella McCartney would be in on the chic designer sandals, everyday and evening shoes. Not combat boots!

• Jamie Damico says:

Love these!

• Jeani B. says:

My favorite is one that no one has picked yet!
    The Olsenboye metroclog because they are chunky
    heels and look easier to walk in and also kind of boot-like in their vibe. Clean,simple, classic lines.
    Yea for faux leather!!!!!!!!!!

• Diane Lukich says:

Could we persuade Christian Louboutin to make some vegan shoes. I love his shoes but can’t live with the leather guilt.

• TrishaMarie says:

Why do the the toes curl on the vegan boots. Come on, lets do better than that. We want sleek and sexy, without dead animal skin.

• Verónic says:

LOVE THEM ALL!!! but i´m in Paraguay… i guess i´ll just settle with sandals…

• Verónic says:

LOVE ALL OF THEM!

• Anne Cathrine Dalgaard says:

I think the “Kors Michael Kors Joplin Boot” and the “Joie Tall Lace-Up Boot” are awesome, but I like the “Steve Madden Commbat” the best (:
    I wish you could buy these in Europe! I live in Denmark and if I order from outside the European Union I’d have to pay a lot in customs :( It really sucks, because there aren’t that many vegan shops in Europe.

• Mary says:

Stacy have you ever even seen a dominatrix? They don’t usually wear FLAT boots. :p just FYI.

I adore the bakers hemet boots. They actually look better than the leather version! Love it!

• Mina says:

just noticed they are NOT vegan. but i wouldn’t see the difference if the were. PLEASE robert clergerie, make them vegan!

• Mina says:

I would totally go for the Robert Clergerie boots!
    They have an interesting and extraordinary shape, the other boots are a bit boring.
    pity I don’t have $795 left!

• Heather says:

Of course I immediately want the 535 dollar pair. Yes, these are rad. Give me them. Kthx.

• Holly says:

I would definitely go with the Bakers Hemet. I have a heavier pair of that type but can’t be worn everywhere. Years ago I got a pair of cruelty free boots from Bakers and they are still awesome!

• Delilah says:

Please make vegan desert Army boots!!

• Jennifer M. says:

I love the Target Dolce Vita boot and just added them to my Target on-line cart. I have some similar boots with an almost-flat heel that I bought at Target five or six years ago; they are non-leather and still holding up well. I only wish these came in brown as well!

• stacy says:

Why would anyone wear those dominatrix boots.

• Silvia says:

Can’t they make a vegan clog more birken looking? The concept is cool but those heels are hell!

• EILEEN says:

It’s nice to see so many great vegan options!!! I especially love the pair from Alloy. And, I love the price. Not sure I won’t fall off the 5″ heel, but it’s worth a try.
    Thanks for sharing ‘-)

• Betsy Christison says:

How about some recommendations for shoes that can actually be walked in by those of us who don’t wear high heels?

• Wendy Stewart says:

Thanks so much for adding another pair of clogs. I like the new additions better than Forever 21′s pair!

• Wendy Stewart says:

Thank you so much for finding these shoes! I love to wear clogs because they’re easier on my feet and I can still look good with pants or jeans on. I like them all, but my favorite would have to be the ones from Forever 21. However, since I have wide feet, I’ll have to try them all on. Oh, darn =)

• Gwen says:

I love the third ones down– the Newport News Clog. Plus I love the price :)

I’m new to being a vegatarian so I’m not pure vegan yet. But I’m definitely kicking leather off my shopping list. Torturing an animal just to make shoes that can be made out of plant-based materials or other is out of the question.

• beecharmer says:

My first choice is Aldo but they are too pricey. The ones from forever 21 are very cute and less expensive. I couldn’t get the link to work either…got an error.

• Michelle Miner says:

I love all of them! but I prefer the ivory/cream clog that aldo makes, because of the color, classic look, and last but not least, the heel height. I think these will work great with pants, skirts, dresses, shorts, and even capris! these make me want to go out and buy some! Thanks for the great advice xoxo everyone!

Love,
    Michelle

• Melissa Cahoon says:

LUV the dark brown sooo cute…

• loveanimals says:

Are the glue’s vegan too in these mainstream brand names? Might be safer to shop at all vegan footwear places like Mooshoes, Karmavore, Vegan Essentials, etc…

• Laura Spitalniak says:

I LOVE the Alloy Keller Clog. Size nine please!!!

• Laura Spitalniak says:

I like the Carissa by Aldo ones best, but feel free to surprise me ;) As long as they’re size 9, I’m flexible!

• Alicia Potts says:

I love them all, where can i buy them in Australia?

• patricia Price says:

Send me a magazine 1091 Oakcrest drive Charleston, SC 29412

• Deirdre says:

Def LOVE the Forever21 Biker Clogs. Also, can’t get the link to work, though. :(

• Kathy says:

I plan on hunting down and buying all 4 styles. Beautiful stuff, esp. for someone with a shoe fetish who only buys humanely.

• Lisa says:

Tried to look the last pair up to check how much shipping ect-but it doesnt exist.

• Sonia says:

OMG! Thanks PETA! I’ve been trying to find non-leather clogs since I started seeing them all over the place. It’s a toss up between Aldo and Newport News.

• Tiffany says:

they dont really appeal to me & i cant even walk in them (nor do i have any interest in learning), but as long as theyre earth friendly!

i dont like the sandal clogs either @ all, but theyre so light & comfy!

• Buddy says:

I find the white ones oddly appealing.

• ss says:

Forever 21 Biker Babe Blogs cant get the link to work tho cant find them on Forever 21 either maybe

• SmartAssProducts.com says:

Great finds! I WISH I could wear any/all of them, but high heels are no longer an option for me following a broken ankle. If I had to choose a favorite, I think I’d go with the Alloy Keller clog.

Over the years we’ve received a lot of inquiries asking if we know of sources for vegan ballet and pointe shoes. I wish THOSE were easy to find!

• Jennifer M. says:

Glad to see cruelty-free shoes coming out in popular styles. However, with men seeming to get shorter and shorter these days, I hate to wear platforms and super-high heels. Am I the only one that thinks about that?

• Kirsten says:

I love the light ones! So cute!

• Helena Holmes says:

Alloy Keller love the dark brown or forever 21 cos black can be carried through all seasons, but I LOVE them all…

• Dani says:

I love the Forever21 clogs!

• Anne Cathrine Dalgaard says:

My favorite is the Alloy Keller Clog, because of the color and shape (:

• Michelle says:

Love the Newport News platform. To die for! Wish we could get these in New Zealand!