PETA Picks: 5 Great Toys for Cats, Dogs, and Bunnies

Here at PETA, we know more than the average bear about animal overpopulation. That’s why we advocate spaying and neutering your animal companions and why we’re also big fans of animal adoption.

Visit our Los Angeles office, and you’ll see that most desktop picture frames hold photos of adopted furry friends. They’re members of our family, and we treat them that way. When it comes to caring for them, one thing we’re guilty of is spoiling them a bit. We love to see our fur kids run, jump, and tumble with their toys.

To spread the good word about playtime with companion animals, we asked five PETA employees to share their favorite toy to buy for their animal. Here’s what they had to say.

Note: Click on the image below to go straight to the source and purchase a toy for your little pal!

Play Time with Animal Companions! by officialpeta

Christine says … CatIt Style Scratcher

Even though it seems like the more money I spend on toys for my two cats, the more they lean toward playing with bottle caps and shoe boxes, I have had a lot of luck with cardboard scratch pads. Most recently, I bought the Catit Style Scratcher, and my calico, Howdy, LOVES it. Not only does she scratch it all throughout the day, she also likes napping on its unique shape (not to mention that it saves my furniture from claw marks).

Sara says … KONG The Beast Rope Chew Dog Toy

Toys don’t last long in my house, and so anything that remains intact for more than a day is a keeper! This KONG toy is my favorite because it’s indestructible while allowing my dogs to take turns playing tug-of-war with one another.

Courtney says … Cottontail Cottage With Ramp

The Cottontail Cottage is great for bunnies because it gives them a lot of options for what they want to do. It has three levels, so they can pick where they want to snooze, and they can do as much “remodeling” as they want because the cardboard is safe for them to eat!

Monica says … CatIt Terra Toy Linen and Rafia Cherries Cat Toy

My cat loves this toy because she can run around and play cat soccer with it. I like it because it’s made with all-natural materials and recycled packaging.

Rachelle says … Catnip Bubbles

Um, what’s not to love about catnip bubbles? If you like to see your kitties jumping, playing, and being super adorable, these do just the trick! And they’re fun for you, too.

What does your furry friend like to play with? Let us know in the comments section!

Commenting is closed.
  • Skyler says:

I used to have chinchillas and they liked to play in cardboard boxes. :)

• chander kumar soni says:

nice toys.

• Rebecca says:

Great suggestions for all critters. I will have to look into the Cottentail Cottages for my bunny they look like fun for both cats and bunnies. I have the Catnip Bubbles and boy do my cats love it. Also just FYI try smoking some catnip it tastes a bit weird but, your cats will love it.

• candace says:

I don’t buy my cats any toys except the cardboard scratcher and with the catnip I grow they go nuts. Other than that they like the rings off the juice bottles, the ties off my old dresses ( I tie parts of them with knots and they love throwing these up in the air and carrying them around, tug-of-war with me or the others. I have tied feathers that I get from my friend’s yard. She has 33 acres and many kinds of birds live there with her free to roam all over and fly away if they wish but they have it great there. My friend rescues all kinds of animals to live on her 33 acres. This woman has been doing this for at least 30 years, She’s close to 80. Anyway we make almost all the toys for our kids and they love them.

• Yvonne says:

I tried the cat bubbles on my cats and they were scared of them! Wouldn’t come near them, but yes I had fun with them. My one cat loves the more rubber type toys with bells. She flips and plays with it. I can’t find them any more, but I still have a few around. Took one to a friend of mine, and the dog chewed it up!

• Rachel says:

My cats adore the Dragonfly cat toy and similar interactive toys. One of our cats begs to play with the toy whenever we open the closet where we keep it.

• Daphne says:

My rabbit loves the Cottontail Cottage. When its time for her to get some time out of the cage, she goes straight for it.

• Cassandra says:

My pomeranian goes crazy for a bird toy for cats (my cats couldn’t care less) that makes real bird sounds. She chewed all the feathers off, but as long as it keeps singing to her, she’s happy. I’m sure normal people’s cats would like it, too. I’ve seen it sold at K Mart and Giant food stores.