Homemade Carrot, Date, and Oatmeal Vegan Dog Treats
The following article was written by Corinne Alexaki.
Don’t let dust collect on your cookie sheets just because the holidays are over. Why not whip up some edible TLC, dog-treat style? Here is the perfect recipe to cure your favorite couch companion’s winter blues.
Vegan Carrot, Date, and Oatmeal Treats
1 1/2 cups gluten-free all-purpose flour
1/2 cup instant unsweetened oatmeal
2 tsp. baking powder
1 cup finely chopped or grated raw carrots
2 Tbsp. pitted and finely chopped dates
1/2 cup natural unsalted peanut butter
1/2 cup filtered water
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, oatmeal, and baking powder. Make a well in the center.
- Place the carrots and dates in a separate bowl with the peanut butter and water.
- Add the peanut butter mix to the well in the flour mix and stir until combined.
- Flatten the dough on a lightly floured surface until it is approximately 1/4-inch thick. Use a cookie cutter to cut the treats.
- Arrange on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 14 to16 minutes, or until dry.
- Let cool for 30 minutes before serving.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Makes 40 servings