8 Reasons to Adopt—Not Buy—Dogs
Can you teach a human new tricks? We think so, which is why we’re going to let these clever canines attempt to teach you why adopting a dog is always better than buying one.
2. You can’t buy love—but you can adopt it from an animal shelter (and usually for a lot less money than buying a dog from a breeder or a pet store).
3. Most “preowned” dogs are already housetrained.
4. What’s up, doc, er, dog? Shelters and rescue groups often include vaccinations, microchipping, and spaying or neutering in the adoption fee.
5. At an animal shelter, you can find a dog to fit your unique personality (even if you’re a little nutty).
6. You will be rewarded with looks like this and other expressions of gratitude for as long as you both shall live.
7. Six to 8 million—that’s how many dogs are waiting in animal shelters to be adopted every year. Here are two of them:
8. Ahhhh, it feels great to know that you saved a life.
What are you waiting for?
Take our quiz to find out if you’re ready to adopt.
Commenting is closed.
In This Section
Products temporarily unavailable.