EverPure: The Vegan Line by L’Oreal

Cruelty-free” and “vegan” are not adjectives that typically pop into the minds of compassionate shoppers when they think of L’Oreal, as the company has yet to sign PETA’s statement of assurance that it will never test new ingredients on animals. However, things seem to be changing with the cosmetics giant as it realizes that more and more caring consumers want only bunny-approved products in their medicine cabinets.

Introducing the EverPure hair-care line by L’Oreal. With “100% Vegan” emblazoned on the front, these botanical, sulfate-free products come in formulas for every hair type: whether you need to tame frizzies, moisturize dry hair, or infuse volume in fine tresses. L’Oreal indicates on the back of its EverPure products that they are not tested on animals.

We are thrilled to see that L’Oreal is focusing on vegan products and hope that it will make the compassionate decision to enact a cruelty-free policy that encompasses all its products. Please take a moment to write to L’Oreal to thank it for marketing products that compassionate people want. Politely ask the company to apply EverPure’s cruelty-free philosophy to all its products by signing PETA’s statement of assurance.

Commenting is closed.
  • Emma says:

Here’s a more direct link to the EverPure(for search purposes, note that it’s one word)page: http://www.lorealparisusa.com/en/search-results.aspx#!/search/everpure

I wanted to look into the products more fully, and had to search the site when I used the link provided.

• Neha says:

Terrible companies that use helpless innocent animals at all.it is a pity to be living in the same world as those perpetrating this cruelty.ahhh atleast 1 good step for now with this change with not testing in this product.kindly keep up the good work coz one never knows when something may click n such misery may ease for these innocent beings.

• Mandy says:

Thank for makeing a vegan line but please go completely cruelty free I know several people who would start buying your making if you stopped.

• penny gummo says:

Sent an email to both Loreal and to Revlon-I used Revlon for years until they decided making money in China was more important than the life and health of my animal brothers. I can use other cruelty free products, they’ve made it a little inconvenient but what’s convenience when the well being of animals is at stake?

• lauren says:

however many L’Oreal products do test on animals. So when you put money into Pureology (owned by L’Oreal) or Ever Pure, you are still supporting L’Oreal who tests on animals; so it’s still not okay to buy these products.

• Laura says:

Interesting. Let us know when they sign the assurance and I *might* buy the haircare range. Would rather not use Loreal at all, but then again the only way they will understand there IS a market for cruelty free is if they see the profits in it (i.e people start buying it!)

• debthemakeupnoob says:

L’oreal has caused me a lot of grief the last couple of days. I hope more than anything that they take that “leap” to being COMPLETELY cruelty-free. In the past, before choosing to go cruelty-free, I never used much of their makeup, so it wasn’t a big deal when I found out they still tested.

I do YouTube makeup videos and it’s my job to stay up to date on products that are CF because that’s all I use. My subs trust my information which I get directly from PETA and other trusting CF websites. On that note, the YouTube beauty “guru” Kandee Johnson has been telling people on her latest video sponsored (or at least directly linked to) my L’oreal that they are cruelty-free and no longer test on animals. This is obviously not true. I’ve commented a couple of times on the video, not to be controversial, but to inform people that they are not a cruelty-free company. Anyway, long story short, I HOPE that they change there minds, and not based off of being pressured by the European Union, but because it’s the RIGHT thing to do. I’m glad to see that this is at least a small step in the right direction.

• DK says:

When they sign, I MAY buy….

• Fern says:

Excellent news from L’Oreal! I have been using their products for years and have recently been culling my products to ensure all that I use are cruelty free and unfortunately this means cutting out L’Oreal. I will watch however and if they sign the PETA’s statement of assurance I would consider moving back to using their product. For now though … I will be cruelty free elsewhere!

• Jennifer says:

This is great! Please continue to be cruelty free I really would love to use more of LOreal’s products.