Crystal Deodorants: The Purest De-Stankifiers
So, I’m somewhat of a stinky beast. ;) Unfortunately I’m not one of those ladies who just “glisten,” especially on a scorching hot day or after a workout. I used to be a religious user of antiperspirants… that is, until I learned how evil they were. They literally prevent you from sweating (which is your body’s natural way of cooling itself off) by blocking your sweat glands with aluminum-based chemicals—not healthy whatsoever!
I recently dedicated an entire week to using only crystal deodorants (by the brand Naturally Fresh Crystal Deodorants) to see what the results would be (workouts included). I was a little skeptical, but I knew that since I hadn’t used antiperspirants or conventional deodorants for quite some time, my pits were pretty detoxed and perfect candidates. Well, guess what? Not only did I last the full week, but I’m officially a convert! This stuff works—you just have to have faith.
It’s so easy to use. You just moisten the crystal and rub it on areas you wish to deodorize. The salt molecules provide a barrier of protection against odor-causing bacteria. It’s not rocket science; it’s just awesomeness times 12.
Naturally Fresh Deodorant Crystals rock because …
- They come in stick, roll-on, and spray versions (the sprays are my faves)
- You can opt for a fancy scent: ocean breeze, lavender, papaya fusion, or honeydew melon (I’m currently diggin’ the lavender)
- They come in travel sizes.
- They don’t leave any white residue on your clothes.
- The crystal sticks practically last forever (saving you lots o’ cha-ching; they’re only between $3.99 and $5.99 each!)
- They are perfect for people with sensitive skin.
- They are cruelty-free and vegan.
- They are not sticky, goopy, or toxic-smelling.
- And they work!
You can find Naturally Fresh Crystal Deodorants at Save Mart, Vitamin Shoppe, Whole Foods Markets, Vitamin Cottage, Raley’s, Henry’s, Smith Drug, various health-food retailers, Target.com, Alice.com, and Amazon.com.
What’s your favorite vegan deodorant?