Try a flirty shade of vegan polish from Anise Cosmetics.
They’re your most dependable form of transportation and the perfect excuse for buying a closet full of cute nonleather shoes. Don’t your feet deserve a special treat? A pedicure is the perfect way to show them some love and put more pep in your step.
So put your feet up (literally) and give your toes some TLC with a spa-quality, at-home, cruelty-free pedicure.
What You Will Need
Pillows A stool or chair
A clean towel
A hair dryer (optional)
A CD player and a relaxing CD (optional)
Cotton balls Q-tips
A basin or tub
Nail polish remover
Lotion Nail polish
Search for cruelty-free products.
Set aside approximately 45 minutes for your pedicure. Before you begin, set up a comfortable, well-lit area and gather down-free, nonshedding pillows (fluff will stick to polish) and a chair or stool to prop your feet on. Consider playing soothing music for a relaxing ambiance. Then follow the steps below:
• Fill a basin or tub with warm water. Add Epsom salts and soak your feet for 10 to 15 minutes.
• Gently pat your feet dry with a clean towel.
• Thoroughly remove any old nail polish.
• Clip your toenails straight across with clippers.
• File the toenails to smooth any rough edges.
• Gently buff and smooth your feet with a small brush. Make sure to pay special attention to your heels, the balls of your feet, and the outsides of your pinkie toes. • Push your cuticles back with the edge of the nail file. Use a cuticle treatment if the cuticles do not push back easily.
• Exfoliate any dry skin with a foot scrub. Use a pumice stone on rough patches.
• Apply a generous amount of lotion to your feet. Gently massage it into your feet and calves.
• Wash away any excess moisturizer from your nails and then separate your toes by placing cotton between them.
• Apply one layer of base coat. Allow time for it to dry, or use a hair dryer set on low heat.
• Apply two coats of color. Use a Q-tip moistened with nail polish remover to remove any mistakes. Again, let your toes dry.
• Apply a clear top coat to add shine and to protect the color from chipping.
• Apply foot spray in order to cool and soothe fatigued, overworked feet (optional).
Tips for Happy Feet
• Don’t toast your toes! Protect them from the sun with a cruelty-free sunscreen.
• Trim your toenails straight across at least once a month.
• To give dry feet some extra lovin’, lather them up with lotion, cover them with clean cotton socks, and let them moisturize overnight.
• Now that your feet are happy and your toes are pretty from your pedicure, show them off with a pair of sexy summer sandals.
Almost all of us grew up eating meat, wearing leather, and going to circuses and zoos. We never considered the impact of these actions on the animals involved. For whatever reason, you are now asking the question: Why should animals have rights? Read more.