You Can Help
- Set up a public viewing of Jonathan Safran Foer’s video ‘If This Is Kosher …’ at your school, JCC, or synagogue. Order DVD copies. If you would like a free DVD copy of the video, send us an e-mail and let us know how you will be using it.
- Arrange for a guest speaker to conduct a synagogue, youth group, or adult education program on Judaism, animals, and vegetarianism. Contact us if you need help locating an appropriate Jewish educator or rabbi.
- Give a dvar Torah (a talk about Torah/Judaism) at Shabbat services, and speak up for animals.
- Host a program about Judaism and animals or eco-kashrut for your synagogue’s youth group—make it an annual event.
- Suggest making a donation to an animal charity in Israel or in your local community when your synagogue is giving tzedakah (charity). Remember to support only cruelty-free health charities.
- Write an article for your synagogue newsletter or local Jewish newspaper about the connections between a Jewish holiday and vegetarianism. Check out this page for holiday-specific advice.
- Resources for Rabbis, Educators, and Youth Leaders