Report Card Grades: Greenpeace
Report Card Grades » Greenpeace » Grade: B-
When PETA saw that Greenpeace U.K. had taken a progressive stance on animal-testing issues, we invited Greenpeace U.S.A. to endorse a statement calling on the Environmental Protection Agency to increase its funding and use of non-animal test methods.
Although Greenpeace U.S.A. has not formally endorsed PETA’s statement, the organization’s legislative director confirmed that Greenpeace does not advocate animal testing and supports the development and use of non-animal methods for chemical evaluation. He also indicated that Greenpeace U.S.A. fully supports the progressive stance adopted by the organization’s U.K. branch.
What You Can Do
Please send polite letters thanking Greenpeace for the progressive stance that its European affiliate has taken on animal-testing issues and urging the U.S. group to take a similar stand against animal testing.
Send letters to:
Phil Radford, Executive Director
702 H St. N.W., Ste. 300
Washington, DC 20001
Commenting is closed.
In this Section
- Green Meanies
- Campaign History
- Report Card Grades
- Center for Science in the Public Interest
- Children's Environmental Health Network
- Consumers Union/Consumer Policy Institute
- Earth Island Institute
- Environmental Defense Fund
- Environmental Working Group
- Natural Resources Defense Council
- Physicians for Social Responsibility
- Sierra Club
- U.S. Public Interest Research Group
- World Wildlife Fund
- Who Failed the Class?
- Animals Used For Entertainment