Quiz: What to Know About Your Family Finances
If you find yourself drawing a blank on any of the questions in this quiz, be sure to learn more about your finances by talking with your spouse. When you share your knowledge with each other, you can look to the future with confidence.
1. What are your assets? These could include savings, checking and retirement accounts; investments; life insurance; business or trust assets; and real estate or other property.
2. What is your financial plan? Do you have a strategy for saving for upcoming events, unexpected circumstances, retirement and charitable giving?
3. What is your estate plan? Do you know what will happen when you or your spouse passes away? Where are your important documents located? Who are your beneficiaries, and how will you leave a legacy?
To learn how you can support PETA’s work for animals through your estate, please contact Tim Enstice at 757-962-8213 or Legacy@peta.org.
Cash-Free Ways to Give to Charity
- Retirement plan assets. Name us as primary or contingent beneficiary on the beneficiary designation form.
- Life insurance policies. Name us as the recipient of the policy’s death benefit, or sign over ownership of the policy to us right now.
- A gift in your will. Leave us a percentage of your estate.
Copyright © The Stelter Company, All rights reserved.
The information on this website is not intended as legal or tax advice. For legal or tax advice, please consult an attorney. Figures cited in examples are for hypothetical purposes only and are subject to change. References to estate and income taxes apply to federal taxes only. State income/estate taxes or state law may impact your results.