‘Win It’ Wednesday: Vegan Marshmallow Peepers

Written by PETA | March 17, 2010

Vegan marshmallow peepers! That’s right, the sugary (but pig skin–laden) treats have taken the vegan leap thanks to Sweet and Sara’s Easter Chick & Bunny. They are the cruelty-free, must-have edible couple of the season:

marshmallows

Want to call these confectionary cuties yours? Just tell us what excites you most about the upcoming arrival of spring—from extra-long walks with your animal companions to Easter-inspired month-long candy binges. We’re giving a bag of these peepers to the reader with the vision that most makes us crave March’s out-like-a-lamb end.

Enter by sharing your springtime hopes in the comments section. The contest ends on March 24, 2010, and we’ll pick the winner on March 26, 2010. Be sure to read our privacy policy and terms and conditions, as you’re agreeing to both by commenting. Good luck!

Written by Logan Scherer

Comments

• Andre Inglis says:

Those looks so yummy! d This spring is going to be great for potlucks and activism. I’m looking forward to getting out and educating the public!

• Mel says:

Rebirth and fresh new starts.

• Addie H says:

Definitely the fact that now that summer’s coming up I get to adopt a dog! The sun flowers and one less dog in danger of getting killed! Sounds like spring to me!

• Mandy says:

I am looking forward to taking our adorable bunny on walks through the woods. He loves them! I also can’t wait until I can actually afford fruits and veggies at the store as they come to be more inseason. Who doesn’t love a soy n berry smoothie huh?

• Amy says:

My hopes for spring are what they are all yr around. Animal liberation and world wide animal rights education to all. Education is power. Feel the power!!

• Neena gill says:

To finally get out of hibernation. Start running and attempt to enjoy the outdoors despite my fear of bugs… Also I would like to start incorporating yummy raw food into my diet.

• Melissa says:

We live in AZ so my favorite part about spring is knowing that it is almost swimming season. Also living in AZ is sort of like our winter. I look forward to being inside more. Sounds weird I know. But I like this bc my kids and I get to hang out more together. We make playdoh and watch movies. It’s also when we get to clean out closets and drawers. I also look forward to making more salads and using the oven less.

• cherry says:

My main hopes for spring is that the seal slaughter ends and that there is a greater awareness of environmental and animal issues and that people get more involved to make a positive difference! Also farmers markets and swimming!

• Mary Greenfield says:

For spring I hope to improve my jogging stamina by now taking my workouts outside with my dog. I am also looking forward to asparagus rhubarb and fresh local lettuce!

• Meggi says:

Spring brings the farmers market here I am so excited for the fresh amazing produce. I’m also excited to discover new vegan goodies as a new vegan food is always on my mind

• lilith says:

I’m hoping the spring rain brings a lovely garden this year. It will be my first garden!! Really looking forward to my own organic tomatoes in my garden.

• Dawn Esmiol says:

Yummmmy!!! Vegan treats for my son’s Easter Basket!! Now to find vegan cadbury eggs!

• Martin Trott says:

Now I have vegan treats to buy my sweet for Easter.

• mairi mackechnie says:

what’s best about spring is that at least it isn’t winter any more! not that i hate winter you understand i really like it to begin with but after the first couple of months and in scotland we get plenty of months of winter I’m bored with it and ready for a change.

• Suz says:

I look forward to my first vegan spring ever and I know it will be healthy and happy. It will be rewarding to inspire my family and friends to try nonanimalproduct dishes. It will show that I care. Welcome Spring!

• Olivia says:

I am SO SO SO excited for Easter because after a lot of begging pleading okay maybe I shed a tear or …5 Heyyyy ya gotta do what you gotta do! but I got my family to agree to having a 100 vegan Easter Meal that catch is of course I have to cook which is no big deal to me Heres what I have planned BREAKFAST while my cousins nieces and nephews search for the PLASTIC eggs! Vegan Sticky buns These wonderful OOEY GOOEY sinful buns are so yummy with a sugar glaze topped with cinnamon! I can SMELL it already! Then for our lunchdinner 3 Italian choices! Vegan Roasted Ratatouille created with garlic eggplant freshly roasted veggies organicduh sun dried tomatoes and pasta! Italian Layered Vegetable Casserole made with vegan cheeses Ooooh how I love this recipe or Gnocchi with Zucchini Ribbons and Portabella Mushrooms Manja Vegan Italia!!!!! and for dessert Fruit Medley Cobbler or Peach UpsideDown Cake When I think of spring desserts I think of fresh sweet fruit! We would love some vegan marshmallows to top everything off …hint hinty hint I know the chances of my entire family becoming vegan is not that great. But I am giving them the oppertunity to see that things can still taste good and animals wont have to suffer. By making my Easter meal 100 cruelty free I am hoping to giving an animal a chance to see and breathe in that fresh spring air

• dd says:

all i wanna do is ride my bike and eat otter pops!

• Stephanie says:

I am excited to start walking my dog more now that the weather is nice. I have a Doberman and he doesn’t do very well in the cold. I also plan to train him more and possibly do a sport with him like weight pulling.

• Danielle says:

I decided to be vegan last year in August and I am looking forward to a new appreciation of all the things I enjoy this year animal product free. I love picnics and cookouts and doing all of that without harming any animals is something I am really proud and excited to be doing. I am most excited this year to be making my first visit to Farm Sanctuary and I am certain it will not be my last.

• Codie Lynn says:

Well right now we have a couple baby lambs that we took in we are bottle feeding them and they are so precious. I am currently in Montana and the weather is starting to become beautiful. When I go out in the morning to feed the lambs they come running and jumping through the field I know the warmer weather really raises their spirits I also love how now when I wake up I hear lots of birds everything is just coming back to life after a long winter.

• Eliza says:

I’m looking forward to the end of the school year never having to eat at the dining hall again means I can finally become 100 vegan and never look back!!

• tatiana harp says:

Ahh spring! Here in Az spring is like most everyone else’s summer. hot breezy clear beautiful. I love it because we can put away our jackets and enjoy the great outdoors. The smell of grass and flowers. The hot rays of the sun warming you up while the breeze perfectly cools you down. and best of all watching my babies play. running and rolling down the grass riding their bikes chasing the cats around the yard and collecting snails and ladybugs. The joy of watching them realize that school is almost over for the year. and laying in the grass with my hunny bunny. that is why I love spring!

• Watson Day says:

Can’t wait to see all the flowers inbloom this Spring. It’s going to be gorgeous!

• Heini T says:

Watching my little flowers grow by the window. I planted them a few weeks ago and now they are growing fast! Little things in life…

• Mary Ann Kobes says:

What excites me most about the arrival of Spring is that I am designing my own organic garden this year. I am all ready I just have to draw it out and start my seeds I bought them from the health food store last month. All I need is the weather to cooperate with me.

• Kayla Barbaretta says:

My hopes are for now more snow and that this beautiful weather continues so I can take my dogs for walks

• Laura says:

First I’m soooo excited that I can finally eat my favorite Easter treat again… thank you Sweet Sara’s! For me spring time means that I can exhale a little. Caring for stray feral kitties in a harsh winter climate is both physically emotionally trying. So spring time brings some much needed relief for both me and the kitties Also I love the fact that I can get outside and enjoy the beauty of nature again… soak up the sun feel the fresh breezes on my skin and stretch my legs on some nice long walks where I can breathe it all in. And of course spring brings with it the urge to enjoy some yummy vegan burgers dogs again. LOVE the picnic foods! Everything just feels tastes better in spring… such a beautiful time of renewal!

• Rhiannon Matich says:

I’m most looking forward to getting dirty! Working in my garden cleaning up the weeds planting my seedlings. I can’t wait for everything to start growing big and strong!

• Jennifer says:

This spring I’m hoping to make it down to the farmers’ market every week to get super fresh tender spring vegetables. I’m dreaming of dainty green beans sugar snaps salad greens asparagus…

• Gina says:

Every Easter instead of candy my mom puts dollar bills in our Easter egg hunt eggs. Every year she hides a ‘big bill’ golden egg in the same spot. My 24 year old sister and I battle for the eggs literally holding each other back and sprinting out our back door. No matter how hard she fights I always find the golden egg because my she always forgets where it is Favorite part of springlaughing at our silly traditions.

• Annika says:

I love collecting herbs e.g.ramsons and cook a lot of fresh stuff vegetables and herbs! That’s all I need in order to be happy!

• Jenna says:

I can’t wait to have my 2nd annual totally vegan “barbecue” with all my friends! Grilled portabella “burgers” with vegan “cheese” and cold lemonade!

• Lisa Poor says:

Daffodills daffodills daffodills oh and new buds on trees!

• Josey says:

There are many aspects of spring I love however I truly love making vegan sweets and goodies for the Easter holiday for my vegan friends and family! They always appreciate it and it’s making animals happy too I also love picnics in the park with my adopted pomeranian cobra planting and working on our garden and just sitting outside and enjoying nature!

• Tracy P says:

Warmth and sunshine! cloud10277

• jessiegirl says:

sunshine! my favorite thing about spring is being able to be outside getting some vitamin d in the sun.

• Sam says:

Spring reminds me that I get to go home from college soon. With each bird chip I hear in Vermont I can just feel the ocean breeze on my skin from my home.

• Cat! =^-^= says:

Spring for me always means new beginnings discovering new hobbies new foods I like new cultures I had no idea about new areas for imrpovement really it can be anything! That’s the beauty of spring. It gives us a beautiful blank slate and we can paint any picture we want in there. My picture this year will include more outdoor exercises to soak in the recreational parks in my area taking up dog walking since I can’t have a dog of my own at my apartment and incorporating more leafy greens in my diet I’ve been a vegetarian for years for for some reason have a hard time eating leafy veggies! That means more adventures in the kitchen I’m a champion forklifter!

• Alicia says:

Baby bunnies! I love to go hiking in the Spring and watch them crisscrossing the trail

• Cindy says:

I love this time of year. I can’t wait to jump in the garden. I want to make a play space for my doggies Rocco and Danny outside. They love the early spring weather too and slept very soundly last night after spending a good part of the day enjoying the first spring like day after a very snowy winter! If I win the vegan peeps I will send them to my lovely vegetarian daughter who is a college freshman this year and has held strong to her vegetarian diet for about 6 years now!!

• Rachel Smith says:

Spring to me is a time of rebirth and life! A time to celebrate all the Earth has to offer. And what better way then with Sweet Sara natural vegan marshmellows shaped like sweet little birds and bunnies! On a warm day I love to put Sweet Sara marshmellows in the freezer to enjoy a sweet cool snack!

• Jessie says:

Being able to take my dog for an extra long walk and not freezing my bottom off!

• Julie Sheridan says:

I saw flower shoots coming out of the ground today…that is what I love most about spring. Flowers trees birds bees…they all seem to be so happy that the warmer weather is coming after the long winter.

• Kirsten F. says:

My springtime hopes…get my sustainable garden up and running. I’ve started digging out areas that I am going to use. Some of my seeds are planted in pots to get started. I’m wondering just how much of my land I can turn into garden space and how much food I can harvest. Keeping my fingers crossed that a green thumb magically appears.

• Rev. Meg Schramm says:

Living in California I can tell you winter is the wettest time of the year and very dangerous for those who live in areas damaged by wildfires as the vegetation which holds down the soil has not had time to really take root yet. We have had a lot of mudslides this year so for me Spring brings the hope of dryer warmer weather. It also brings times of celebration and family with St. Patrick’s Day Easter Passover and Purim. It brings hope for a brighter future. It brings hope for a good growing season. It brings good weather to take my dog Buck to the beach or the dog park. Spring brings hope of healing and life renewed. Happy Spring and I pray that this recession is resolved this year and that everyone prospers.

• Aneliese says:

Those marshmallows look good but I honestly hate spring! Love winter too much 100 Canadian I guess.

• Michele says:

For me Spring means that Summer is not far behind. I am planning a camping trip where I will get to bring yummy vegan goodies to wow my nonveg friends vegan marshmallows to make “smores” vegan french toast mix and my latest favourite Daiya “cheese” which is THE BEST vegan cheese ever. I think some veggie fajitas with Daiya will be in order! Food food food… Food always seems to taste better in the summer when you’re relaxing with friends and the weather is warm.

• Jessica Barker says:

Now that I know there is a vegan version of my favorite candy EVER….well that’s why I’m excited about Spring. YUM!

• Chad Ferguson says:

Right now my spring time hopes are no more snow we have snow predicted in Illinois for this weekend

• kelly g. says: