‘Win It’ Wednesday: Vegan Chocolate Box

Written by PETA | January 26, 2011

I love Valentine’s Day: Love is in the air, flowers are in the vase, and chocolate is in the tummy. (I particularly love that last part.) It’s not Valentine’s Day without a treasure hunt through a box filled with sugary surprises. You can be a sweetheart to animals and your valentine with PETA’s oh-so-yummy box of vegan sweets.

Just tell us how you plan to show your love for animals on February 14, and the loveliest idea will win this great chocolate assortment. It’s a sampler-sized box, so your sweetie might even share a bonbon or two with you. If you don’t win, you can still order some of the animal-friendly deliciousness.

The contest ends on February 9, 2011, and the winner will be chosen on February 11, 2011.

Please read our privacy policy and terms and conditions, as you’re agreeing to both by commenting. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law.

Good luck!

Written by Michelle Sherrow

Comments

• Amanda Williams says:

Since my kitty just broke his favorite Christmas present that his Grandma bought him, I’ll surprise him with a brand new one! He’s been so bummed!

• live2dream says:

I will make the commitment to be a full vegetarian on Feb 14…chocolate is the BEST motivator!

• amie says:

I plan to give my friends many reasons why they should go vegetarian

• Katie says:

The dog who came to live with us after we found her in the middle of a snowy winter outside an abandoned house will be donating to a charity for dogs in need. A well known photographer is going to take her picture (no costumes, just her pretty brindle self) and the proceeds will be donated to a local NYC charity.

• pj56 says:

I am going to give my 3 cats (Elly,Reds and Mook) and 1 dog (Elmo)a candlelit dinner (under supervision, of course) with their favorite wet food.  Mook is the only girl so she wears the pink and the boys wear red.  For dessert, they get their ice cream with wheat germ; they love it.

• Ricki says:

I will take my lovely rescue doodle for our run. And reward his great efforts with a tossed salad when we return home. I don’t think he even knows what meat smells like!

• Mama Hillis says:

On January 24th I picked up the kind diet book remembering that I had seen Alcia on Oprah awhile back. I read and was teary eyed throughout. I knew about animal cruelty for our food but it never sank in…SOOOOO on that day I decided I wanted/needed to become vegan. I am the only one in my family of husband and two boys who STOPPED eating meat and dairy on that day. I plan to show my LOVE on valentines day by making a FAMILY vegan meal and hope to start swaying my family to join me. I am very new to this but I will do it!

• Kim says:

I’ll show my love for animals on Valentine’s Day by continuing my lifelong commitment to veganism and encouraging others to do the same!

• Raven McCarter says:

Nothing could be more romantic then my full day of volunteering at the SPCA when my valentine. And this year after finding a dog that caught the eye of my valentine I plan on ending the day with a bit of ‘puppy love’ and wonderfully cooked vegan dinner.

• Coolcandy says:

Me and my rabbit (almost 3 years old) are both vegetarian. HIs name is Fluff and every year we share a special carrot cake on his birthday. What I think is funny is that his birthday is on Febuary 15, right after Valentine’s day.

• Bella says:

I was a meat eater before, since my mother is a great chef it was hard to not say no to the food she cooked .I recall her asking me to go put raw chicken in a pan, that’s when I noticed how could I eat this? it really made me think…before that I became a member my first move was to stop buying companies products that test on animals then I was interested in going vegetarian and I decided this year I am going to go veg. I also watched videos and they really told me the truth of meat eating,humans are not meant to eat meat…and for February I will for sure not eat meat.We have to have empathy for animals.

• Cara says:

I’m adopting my foster cat, he was a shy, hurt, trauma case of a kitten and has been totally therapied in matter of 6 months. I already have 2 cats, and would foster more if I had the room. It’s worth while to work with these cats until they are adoptable.

• Aneliese says:

Bake my first completely vegan cookies, brownies, and cup cakes!!! All chocolate too of course.

• Joanna V says:

I will use these to show my daughter who is thinking of going vegan that food still tastes great and that she won’t miss a thing.

• lindsay says:

i will be going to a local vegan restaurant with other vegan single women. This would be a treat for me to share will my fellow vegan single friends so we don’t feel left out on a day centered on romantic love.

• Stacy K says:

I am going to take my boyfriend to get the most delicious vegan chicken cheese steak ever. Then we are going to a vegan bakery. I really got him thinking when I showed him “meat your meat” so hopefully by the end of the night he will be a vegan just like me!

• Ana A. Garcia says:

I am attending a St.Valentine’s Day anti-fur demo the weekend before St. Valentines’s on Monday. That’s bringing love and compassion to all fur-bearing animals!!!!

• mouselover says:

i am going to have a vegan bake sale and donate the money to our no kill shelter. It’s a win-win!

• Phil says:

My girl and I will show our love by adopting a new kitten from a shelter. We lost our little one on Sunday to FIP and after testing our other animals for the Corona virus and getting the all clear from our vet, we will save a life from the dreaded dungeons of animal control. To all feline owners, educate yourself in the disease known as Feline Infectious Peritonitis. If we all band together to have mandatory testing of the Corona Virus (the virus that mutates into FIP) in all animal shelters we can stop this incurable disease.

• GF says:

I’m going to spend the morning taking my dog for a run in the woods, being outside, and taking in nature. I’m then going to return home and cook a delicious vegan ziti dish and vegan chocolate cake and enjoy it with my family. :D

• Kayla says:

My roommate and my best friend both have pet cats so I am going to make vegan cat treats! I just bought the “Babycakes” cookbook so I will make some vegan cupcakes for the humans in my life. :)

• Janers5 says:

My anniversary is on Feb 9th, so we always just do our valentines celebrations then. I’m planing an awesome trip to San Diego centered around good vegan food. There’s this great little mexican restaurant called Pokez with the BEST vegan taquitos! And I love getting Vegan pies from the chill raw vegan pie shop over in Ocean Side, Peace Pies. Both are run by young people like me who want to make a difference in the world…plus their food is spectacular. Cant wait! This box of vegan chocolates would totally make my night!

• Theresa C says:

My sister and I have researched some vegan dog treat recipes and we plan on spending the day making them for our BEAUTIFUL German Shepard/Rotti mix!

• Luxx Murphy says:

To start my Valentine’s Day off by taking my beautiful Long Haired Red Dachshund to the vet for her monthy lazor treatment. Then i will come home and a friend is goiing to visit. He wanted to bring me dark chocolates but knowing i am vegan he said if there was someplace i could get you vegan chocolates i would bring them for you. then i think he will met my 2 dachshunds and maybe make dinner and watch a movie. we are both single he has no boyfriend and neather do i. This will be a fun February 14 !

• Andrea says:

I have been a vegetarian for over a year now. So I will NOT be eating meat on Valentines day or any other day. Also being that I am single I will be spending the evening with my amazing pet loving daughter, our 3beautiful cats, our 3 wonderful dogs, our rat and a lovely and sweet hairless rat who we adopted. I have vegan treats that I give to my dogs, which they absolutely loooooove. If I win these vegan treats maybe they can convince me to go vegan as well. Being that I have a weakness for dairy products, I just will NOT eat meat. I have never had vegan products, so that may encourage me, I would love to taste them.

• Jamie says:

My boyfriend (flirting with vegetarian/veganism) and I plan to have an amazing and fancy raw vegan dinner at Pure food and wine in NYC. I am so excited to try their food. But I most excited the my BF is showing his love by supporting me and learning about the amazing lifestyle of being VEGAN! What is more loving than a cruelty free valentines day?!?! those delish vegan chocolates would just add to the love :o)

• Tara Kaulitz says:

I plan to volunteer at a local no kill animal shelter to show my love for animals everywhere who haven’t found their forever home yet.

• Sandy Crockett says:

I have repented from the blood sport of animal ingestion. I am dedicating February, the month of my birth, to mark the official start of my life as vegan (though I have already begun on this road to ethical eating). I would love to share with family members who are addicted to sweets a box of vegan chocolates on Valentine’s Day to show them that loving chocolate can be taken to a new spiritual level when knowing no animal suffered for it.

• sandra mascaro says:

Well, since I prefer animals to people I will be spending it at the Humane Society where I volunteer. There is no better feeling in the world hanging with these amazing animals and giving them the love they so deserve! Then I will go home and spend the rest of my time with my 2 dogs who are the best “people” in the world! We will do all their favorite things! That’s what makes me feel the happiest!

• Kimmi says:

I’m going to bring some vegan munchies to our local rescue group! If I win these chocolates I’ll share them with them as well :o)

• sunshineyumm says:

On valentines day I plan to show all my love to my puppy. take him to the dog spa and give him an extra special meal.

• TiffanyF says:

One of my friends is pregnant, and her birthday is February 14, so I am actually planning to send her some vegan chocolates. I am sure she is craving chocolate, and I know she cares about animals.

• RoseMumof3 says:

On Valentine’s Day, I’m attending an emergency preparedness meeting for our local holistic parents chapter. I will be distributing information specifically regarding the well-being and care of pets and animals if a disaster were to strike.

• kimberly soles says:

I plan on taking dog food and cat food to my local animal shelter.

• jukeboxheroine says:

so I usually volunteer at my local animal shelter, and on valentines day I will also do that but bring along a bunch of my friends to help care for the animals. maybe some of them will even come back! hmm I might even make some homemade treats for the adorables :)

• ♥OriGiNaLsNoB says:

On February 14th I plan to show my love for animals as I ALWAYS by CONTINUING to love and appreciate them plus their company as the precious gifts that they are as well as and spreading awareness of any animal mistreatment through my tweets.

• Tracy Eilers says:

I plan to show love to animals by giving up shopping at huge chain grocery stores and only buying food from organic stores and co-ops. I am also incorporating more vegan and vegetarian recipies into my weekly menu!!!

• BrittBratt says:

I would give my valentine some vegan sweets to show them I care about them and animals.

• adrienne says:

I will be adopting a cat from our local shelter and also signing up to foster dogs/cats and birds etc

• Renay says:

Keep spreading the word on how important Veganism is

• Debbie Tarrant says:

I’m going to look at ingreients as I shop and not buy treats that have gelatin in them.

• RED10 says:

On February 14, I will make the transition from vegetarian to vegan… with the help of these chocolates! =)

• JGM says:

Take my meatatarian boyfriend to a farm sanctuary for a delicious vegan meal. :)

• gayle says:

I show my love by treating all animals including insects, with respect. I make sure my food, household products, cosmetics, and clothing are vegan and cruetly free.

• Mary Jo Mauro says:

I will donate $25 to my local No-Kill animal shelter.

• Loopy Seeley says:

On Feb 14 I plan to show love to my remaining baby, Manic.(My cat) Sadly at the end of last year we lost her brother, Slug aged 17. My beautiful cat will have breakfast in bed and some cuddles, then half hour of play before I go to work. Then I will be kind to animals all day because I work at Lush and when I return home, my beautiful Manic will have her tea shaped into a heart, extra treats and lots more cuddles :)

• Lynette says:

I’m writing a paper on veganism for my deviance class. In preparing for the paper, not only will my academic knowledge of animal treatment increase, but I will share the knowledge with others for years to come!

• Holly says:

I’m going to baked some heart-shaped vegan cookies and share them with my more carnivorous friends. They always love my vegan goodies, so I think I’m starting to convince them that it’s not so bad on the kinder side of the fence!

• veganismsavedmylife says:

i love my valentine and boyfriend of 3 years so much. i am vegan and he pretty much eats whatever, lol. i hope that with this gift i can continue to convince him how yummy being a vegan is. i also plan on getting him some of his favorite football logo jerseys.

• Becka says:

I’m going to bake peanut butter bones for my three awesome rescue dogs!