‘Win It’ Wednesday: Super-Cute Laptop Sleeve

Written by PETA | August 25, 2010

Alert Cute Overload—we have a code-red cuteness emergency!

PETA laptop cover

This may very well be the cutest new product that the geniuses in PETA’s Merchandise Department have come up with this millennium (with the exception of the legendary Notta Nugget, of course). In fact, it’s possible that it’s actually too much adorableness for one piece of iMachinery to handle.

Nah, not a chance. But you have a chance to have one of these laptop covers for your very own. Just post a comment below explaining why your “other laptop” is so special and you could be one of two lucky people who will be able to turn their laptops into the most huggable hardware on the block. (Winners can choose between a “dog” and “cat” laptop cover.)

The contest ends on September 8, 2010, and we’ll select two comments that warm our heart drives as the winners on September 10, 2010. Be sure to read our privacy policy and terms and conditions, as you’re agreeing to both by commenting. May the force of Hello Kitty be with you.

Written by Alisa Mullins

Comments

• Brittany says:

i actually have five other laptops. My two cats Leeroy Littlebit. My two kittens Honey B T. Biggums. my dog Sasha who thinks she’s still a small puppy. D

• LeAnn says:

My other laptop refuses to let me spend too much time on my computer laptop. If I do my other laptop will sit closer and clower to it until he’s sitting right on top of it forcing me to join the real world.

• Amanda Bond says:

My other “laptop” is a little gray beastie named Henry. He will be sleeping in your lap one second and gnawing on your fingers the next all the while looking as innocent as can be. His favorite food are fingers and toes and I love him all the same! D

• Catlyn says:

my other lap top is my cat Stormie. she’s helped me through so many difficult times in my life i wouldnt be alive without her! she’s my best friend and my little furry baby. i cant even begin to describe my love and graditude to her!

• Samantha Valenteen says:

My ‘other laptop’ is so special because a friend that’s always there for me. She’s also my own personal alarm clock getting me up every morning at just the right time to feed her.

• Angela Chen says:

I don’t have another “laptop” but this would be a perfect replacement for one Haha cute!

• Deanna says:

She’s stubborn like most cats and is almost never nice to me unless she wants out or to be fed. There are those times occasionally where I feel like we’re getting close and of coarse she guilty of being a tease getting close enough to where you think you can reach out and touch her but when you try to she turns around and walksruns away from you. She’s spoiled but I don’t know what I would do without her

• Kelly says:

My “laptop” is special because as a rabbit one cannot resist his floppy ears and his curiosity of climbing on my back or tugging on my pants. He is absolutely my dream pet.

• bunny says:

There are far too many reasons why my kitty is so special but a few things are that he gives me kisses he lies in my arms and goes to sleep like a little babbiiiiie but 100 times cuter and he sleeps on my bed and cuddles up to me and is just the sweetest kitty in the world D

• Cynthia Lis says:

My other lap top is Jack my rescue border collie. Jack decides when the time is just right to hop into my lap for a little conversation and a quick nap. Then my beautiful orange tabby Pumpkin jumps on and uses me as an arm rest. Truly the best hours of my day.

• Brenda Armour says:

My other laptop is a border collie who is getting up in years 14 years old. He is so smart and gentle. He taps on his bowl when he wants a drink or more food. He like many dogs know to bark with joy when you ask if you want to go for walk ! Tell him we are going for a coffee..while he knows this is a car ride for him. He is also a big baby and afraid of cats and small dogs. He is a gentle beast. When I go to work I tell him that and he wags his tails and gives me a sloppy kiss. My netbook will never give a kiss goodbye but that’s okay its just a machine.

• Sara says:

This made me think of my inlaws’ “other laptop.” He’s always getting up on the counter rubbing his face on their laptop computer. He even chews on parts of it! He’s such a sweet cat though. Maybe a cat theme laptop cover would help keep him from getting into trouble.

• Amber says:

My “laptop” is special because I bottle fed her and raised her since she was a day old kitten. She was my special little orphan who needed a mommy and because I was able to do that for her we have an extra special bond.

• Brittany Lundberg says:

Laptop no.1 Big Brother soft smooshy gray dsh addicted to me in a bizarre but endearing way makes readingwritinglaptop work essentially impossible by feeling the need to be all up in my space and then drooling in copious amounts all over my person. Laptop no.2 Garfield giant orange dsh loves to boss around my dogs and generally incite mayhem for no good reason. Laptop no.3 Red sweet orange dsh bro’ to Big Brother and Garfield has identity issues stemming from the fact that he is clearly a dog in a cat’s body invariably prefers dogs to catshumans. Laptop no.4 Rorschach gorgeous sleek timid tabby with beautiful symmetrical black markings on his back hence the name wellknown in the cat world for his skill at catching cicadas out of the air … and then eating them. He has since retired after realizing that life off the streets is rather ‘cushy’. Laptop no.5 Dunkin sweet and scrappy gray dsh spotted as a kitten while trying to get across a busy road with a terrible limp clearly starved of both food and love .. we lured him to us with the only food we had munchkins from Dunkin Donuts and he was purring before we got home.

• Sara Zena says:

My laptops is so special because i saved her from my job . He was going to killer her and her mom and siblings. I hug her everyday and thank god for bring her to me. jitterbug i love you.

• Michelle Anderson says:

My kitty Louie is a rescue.After adopting a kitty from the shelter and having her pass away within a month due to feline leukemia I was hesitant to go back to the shelter. My ex told me that there was a litter of feral kittens out at one of his job sites. My ex husband and I spent 3 nights stalking these kittens until we were able to capture one. Louie has been the sweetest and loving cat I have ever had.

• ashley says:

My cat Jameson is absolutely adorable and LOVES the heat of my laptop. As soon as leave my desk he makes himself a nest over my laptop screen and “talks back” when I try to get him to move! Maybe this laptop cover can keep him from leaving a new blanket of his fur all over my screen after he decides to LET me have HIS computer back.

• Mandie Morgan says:

I have two cats both were adopted. One is named Oreo. We got him from an animal shelter because we heard they were going to put him down because a family had brought him in one day because he was a little out of control and would bite people for no reason. I knew he was meant for me because of his oh so cute PERFECT mustache. He doesn’t bite anymore and he is perfect for cuddling with at night. The other cat was more or less a stray cat. My cousin’s friend’s cat was an outside cat and got pregnant and had lots of kittens and they didn’t know what to do with them. When we saw them we knew we had to get one. Not sure what they did with the other cats but she has a much better home here. I don’t know what I would do without either of my cats they both mean so much to me.

• Sean Brassman says:

Giesel is a 17 year old seal point mix from Seattle drove crosscountry to Cape Cod Then moved to Manhattan to live ina tenement with several other cats then moved to Boston to live with several humans in a huge house then moved to Manhattan again then . . . You get the idea She’s a trooper. Sweet and cuddly the whole time.

• Julie says:

I have two laptops both rescues. The first one I adopted was Tripod you guessed it she has 3 legs haha. She had been caught in a bear trap and fortunately was found. They had to amputate her front left leg off. She was so timid and wasn’t eating at the shelter. but She was so cute so I took her home. It took her a while to overcome her timidness but now she loves people. The second laptop I got was Jazmine. She was a kitten and was the cutest thing I had ever seen. Jazmine is my shy kitty and she is such a Mommy’s girl. She is always following me around and wants to sleep in my lap or beside me on the desk. I would love to have this laptop sleeve. its soooo cute!

• Cat! =^-^= says:

Dammit!!! That thing is so cute!!! I wish I had a kitty to write about but unfortunately no pets at my apartment HOWEVER my best friend’s kitty Nigel is such a sweetie… poor baby is going through cancer right now but is still so affectionate. He reads moods I swear and always rubs against your legs and hops on your lap when you’re feeling sad.

• Maria says:

My other laptop is special cause despite the fact we are miles away when we meet is like we never been apart and one of the moments that I love is when I type and my cat sleeps with his head on the keyboard and does the rrrrrr.

• MariaM says:

My other laptops are a beagle and german shephard mix and two cats. My dog was adopted from a shelter one week before the shelter decided to put all the animals down for no reason and even killed random birds and other animals! One cat was handed over while his owner left an abusive husband and sadly he is old and not doing too well. ‘ My other cat was born in a horse barn and we saved her from freezing to death or possibly being trampled.

• Antoine says:

This extremely skinny scrawny terrified little black cat showed up at our door in the spring of 2009. With some regular feedings some catnip bribes and a lot of patience we were able to coax her into the house into a carrier and to get her spayed. The vet said that based on the state of her teeth it appeared that she had been alone for at least a couple of weeks without her mothers milk and without food before she found our door. We called her Ishtar named after the goddess of love and war which fits her personality to a tee. She can be the sweetest cat but she’s still a tough street cat at heart. She quickly adopted my wife as her surrogate mother and would climb up her leg to ask her to pick her up. She would sleep on her lap purring and kneading. But it took her a very long time to get used to me. This summer she finally started to trust me and now she sometimes jumps up on my lap too! She loves being scratched behind the ears. Every day Ishtar comes to greet my wife when she returns from work. Ishtar is healthy now a bit fat and although I dont speak cat she seems happy. And as the only girl among three old boy cats she rules them as only a tough young lady could. Hopefully with enough love and kindness we will eventually help her forget her tragic past.

• Lola says:

love it so cute

• jasoncutting says:

My other laptop just walked into my apt. one day and began bossing me around and telling me to love her and feed her. And I did. I’d never had a cat companion before and it didn’t take long for me to see the thoughtful mind and complex emotions belonging to my little fluffy muffin. Because of her I am vegan and because I am vegan my soul is bigger. She has changed the way I see the world and encourages me to strive for kindness and gentleness in the midst of an strangely fast paced world so far removed from nature. I love her with all my heart and owe her so muchmy little Violet.

• lise says:

Is the laptop sleeve made of polyester or plastic? Many “cute” things are. I like the way it looks but I am not buying any more plastic products if there are alternatives because plastics including polyesters are not really safe for humans as is being discovered daily. They contain many toxic chemicals additives and modifiers. How about a cotton hemp orwool laptop sleeve? I am concerned about animal safety but also human safety. Let’s end animal suffering and let’s end our addiction to plastics.

• Patti Kurtz says:

My “other” laptop keeps me warm when it gets cold here in ND and always has a smile a hug and a wet doggy kiss for me when I’m feeling low.

• Meg says:

My other laptop is special because he was a rescue cat who we had sent to us on a plane bc family couldn’t take care of him. He was old when i got him and he’s been here for 10 years!

• rachel says:

My ‘other laptop’ is special because she was my first introduction into the foster cat program at my local shelter. Her name is Bitey McChompersons and as her name suggests she had some pretty serious behavioral issues when we got her stemming from a horrible situation we rescued her from. She taught me about perseverance and how to love life as well as how even ‘hopeless’ cats can be rehabilitated into loving family members. I now foster for very sick or abused cats almost exclusively because she taught me how. She also will sit on my chest and pat my face with her paw when I am upset and reminds me that you can always keep going on no matter what the circumstances.

• Louise Terblanche says:

My furry laptop is definitely at the top of the pecking order of laptops in our house. The technological versions have to make space for the ‘queen’ otherwise she manoeuvres a kindof ‘laptop sandwich’..and the technological ones might end up sneezing Hence we really need the kitty laptop sleeve to help along the downtrodden rectangular species

• Jessica Pearce says:

My other “laptops” are all rescues from my local shelter and I love love love them so much. I have three dogs and two cats. This laptop cover is not only adorable but it would help to spread the word about PETA since I take my laptop EVERYWHERE!!

• Noelle says:

My other laptop is a stray dog I scraped off the street after he was hit by a car. He lived despite tiny odds and joined my family. I can’t go on about how adorable and perfect he is. Anyone will tell you he’s quite ‘dysfunctional’ and can be challenging to live with but we make it work. I love him because he’s here he’s mine every animal deserves a safe patient and loving home.

• Breanna says:

my other laptop my kitty is so special because she loves to go on walks with me with a harnass of course and becuase she likes to sit outside with me and garden again on a harnass and leash. Also because she is so cute and becuase she came from a animal shelter. I want a kitty laptop case

• Diana says:

Poor me I don’t have an other laptop the one I have get’s chilly as it has no cute cuddly sleeve. It could sure use one as winter will be aproaching soon. I know my laptop would love to snuggle up inside that cute kitty sleeve.

• Bettina says:

My other laptop is my dog Nala whom I’ve adopted from a shelter in Italy. She is the sweetest thing and keeps me company in good and bad. My heart melts when she looks at me with her amber eyes. The two of us pay visits to an old people’s home near us and the old folks love her to bits. Some of the people suffer from dementia and Nala manages to put a big smile on their face that’s why she’s special.

• Christina says:

My other laptop is my rescue pup Chino. He’s almost 3 now and I adopted him from the Humane Society when he was 8 weeks old. He’s like my kid! Always so happy to see me when I get home from work takes naps with me loves to play and go on walks and ADORES the attention he gets the park. He provides nothing but unconditional love for me giving me many a chin kiss and I do the same for himvia tummy rubs without him I’d feel incomplete! And that’s why Chino is soooo special

• Dawn says:

My other “laptops” love me as much as I love them! plus they do cute little twirls for treats.

• Amy Agee says:

My “other laptop” is the cutest mix of beagle and rottweiler. I adopted him from Care’s no kill shelter after carefully choosing the best match for me. He is so cute as he bounds through the yard when we play and he’s such a good boy on walks! He will even sit down if it’s a little dog so that it’s not intimidated D

• Lili Knighton says:

It brightened my day to just see this. I had to put my beloved angel cat Harper down THIS morning following a sudden illness that started this weekend. She of course was a rescue who died to soon only 5 but who knows what life she had before me I am devastated. While I have many amazing memories of my little angel this would remind me of her and all the lucky rescued cats every time I use my computer. xoxo and Harper you are now in peace.

• Nishi says:

I used to be EXTREMELY scared of animals until my husband talked me into adopting out first cat from a shelter. He was only 3 months old at the time and within a few days I fell head over heels in love with him. To me he is my child. He helped me deal with my grandfather’s death. He purrs really loud when I am sad. He is also partly the reason why I finally took the step and gave up meat and for most part dairy. Since then we have rescued another cat. Both of them together complete our little family. I would love to have this laptop bag to subtly tell people the joy rescue animals bring to our lives.

• Felicia says:

Some kids at the skate park I worked at found a cute orange tabby kitty 6 weeks old max near a dumpster by a restaurant. They brought him to me because they knew they couldn’t take him home. Needless to say that He’s my best buddy…he walks on a leash but he only goes where he wants to go wears cute clothes for pics and costumes on Halloween he makes the funniest facesand he’s the smartest kitty I know. He’s too smart for any cat toys he figures them out…seriously I end up returning everything in less then a week. He tells me when something is off he’s gotten me and taken me to the window to show me that one of my dogs got out and he waits for me to be there when he eats because he loves being rubbed on while he’s dining. He’s so brave he took on a snake albeit thru a screen but he didn’t and doesn’t back down. He’s the coolest kitty I know!

• Mari says:

This laptop case is very cute. I will like one of these for my sister because her laptop since I don’t have one is full of our dog’s pictures. Our dog’s pic is her wallpaper and keeps lots of pic of our loving pet.

• Julia Ritter says:

My other labtop is so special because she is always waiting for me when I get home is always willing to listen to me complain about anything and the best of all she always agrees with me!

• Cheri says:

My other lap top is my dog Lilly. I have MS and she knows when I need her help to walk. She’s always there for me without being asked and without any special training just her love.

• Toni says:

My other laptops are both my black kitties who are brothers and rescued from the grandparents who could not handle mummy and babies they are very close and play and cuddle all day long… Bruce and Lars are my children and a very special part of our family.

• krystal adair says:

Because its sweet absolutly the cutest most adorable thing ever and is there for me when I need it the most I’m a dog person 3 I love my puppies 3

• Kat says:

Our kitty Rudy seems to prefer my husband’s laptop over mine. I want to show him that “another kitty” is on MY “laptop” so he will get jealous and spend more time with me!!

• Donna Mc Bride says:

OMG I want it! D

• Mildred says:

Is so special because is awesome and really cute ! I love cats and it looks so adorable i just want to hug it myself D