Whoopi Defends Dogfighting on The View

Written by PETA | September 5, 2007

Click here for an update

CityUniversity/Creative Commons
Whoopi_Goldberg.jpg

Whoopi Goldberg certainly didn’t shy away from controversy on her first appearance on The View—she came right out and offered the following defense of Michael Vick:

“He’s from the South, from the Deep South … This is part of his cultural upbringing”

I have no idea where she got that one from, but I can tell her right now that there are an awful lot of people in the South who’d be pretty upset by the implication that electrocuting animals is somehow “part of their heritage.” Or, as PETA President Ingrid Newkirk put it in the letter she wrote to Whoopi yesterday,

“Those who fight dogs do so in New York, Chicago and even the Republic of Ireland, and what unites them is lawlessness and callousness, not whether they eat grits or Belgian waffles for breakfast.”

Michael Vick needs a lot of things right now—some serious counseling for a start—but he doesn’t need anyone to give him lame excuses for his decision to torture dogs for pleasure and profit. He needs to face that horrible fact all by himself.

Ingrid spoke with Whoopi on the phone last night after she received the letter, since Goldberg actually has a good track record with animals outside of this incident, and Whoopi explained that she had never intended to appear accepting of cruelty. Let’s hope she makes up for it with some positive comments about animals on The View after this rocky start.

Ingrid_letter_to_Whoopi.jpg

Comments

• Willetta Christensen says:

I have sent whats her face .. wooooopie an email which i’m sure she trashed ..telling her to defend vick or anyone like that is as much to blame..in her openion..thats like saying everyone who lives in san franciso is gay ..hello people like that needs to have a real Heart to heart talk with godI T r u e l y do not think she has a heart I use to really lik wop but not any more and I also have trashed all the movies I had of hers. and if the others on the view share her views then they all should join vick in the big house. sick..sick people !

• Rosemary says:

I never watched The View to me its a show with cackling hens talking about mindless drivel and Whoopi fits right in. She can keep her stupid comments to herself. As an animal rights activist I am disgusted with people who think dogfighting is acceptable. My wish is for all animals to know the peace and happiness that God has intended for all his creations. If you take this right away from anyone or anything then you will pay a dear price either now or later.

• Albert Campos says:

I absolutely agree. Animal abuse is simply hideous and coward.

• Carla Cicchi says:

First of all dogfighting andor abuse of animals is NOT southern northern eastern western whatever! Animal abuse on any level has nothing to do with “culture”. Humans who abuse animals know exactly what they are doing. They know their behavior is beyond cruelty and do NOT care. Laws against animal cruelty are NOT enforced and courts give a “slap on the hand” to offenders. Let’s hope this time the courts are just and give MV and his crew of scum the severest penalty! Better yet justice will be served IF MV Crew of Scum get a ruling of life for their hideous and purposefully committed crime against God’s innocent creatures. It is past the time to treat animal cruelty with the strongest penalty it truly deserves. Carla Cicchi

• Hannah says:

To all you people who keep writing things such as ‘peta members are pansies’ ect what the hell are you doing wasting your time on this site? Haven’t you got sum fascist constervative website where you could be giving you views for prolife and why you think women should have no rights? Bunch of cunts. And for the record I’d put an animals life over a humans anyday…..

• Laura - Jane says:

Adonna learn how to spell? What are you talking about? I did not spell one word wrong. Unlike you. Look back at your last aggressive message in all the capitals you will see what I mean. Oh yeah it is us that is angry. By the way if you have a masters in psychology I am the Queen of England. Get lost! We don’t care what you have to say. You don’t come across as a nice individual. You don’t benefit the real reason this discussion is open for the ANIMALS. Go and talk shite somewhere else.

• Jennifer C. says:

I’m glad that everyone’s very antidog fighting but I think we’re being a bit tough on Whoopi based on the comments here. What she said was wrong and she needs to retract her statement on the show but I don’t think she meant to come off the way she did. It’s not like she’s blatantly is prodog fighting or anything. Buuut…on another note things like this do need to be taken seriously so I believe PETA and everyone here is doing the right thing.

• Debbie & Dee says:

Whoopi it is not about the south north west or east it is about humanity and respect for living things.If it was about the ways of the south we would still have slavery in Louisiana! How do you like that!

• Anonymous says:

I USED to like Whoopi. I”ll never watch anything of hers again. She should be slapped upside the head and have her ears torn off and her skull cut in half so she knows what it feels like! ?Celebrities think they can say whatever they want for publicity and what they are doing is making fools of themselves and showing their real colors.

• Peter Lorenson says:

I do not think Goldberg will have fans anymore.

• adonna says:

ToLaura Jane FYI I have a Masters in Psychology. Good for you and please learn how to spell. A lot of you do have a real anger problem that you need to address.

• MissMelissa says:

As a newbie to PETA I’m darn proud to be a Member and this is exactly why! I absolutely love the fact that Ingrid not only sent a letter to Whoopi but that it was intelligent and well written. That’s so awesome! Woo Hoo! Go Ingrid!

• virginia anagnostou says:

To all those folks out there who believe that animal lovers don’t love childrenWHERE THE F DID YOU GET THAT IDEA FROM?Well thats what makes us different.We animal lovers have plenty of room in our hearts for both animals and children.You are so narrow minded and have no soul at all.I guess that you choose weather to love animals or humans.Well we DO NOT have these kind of issues.We love all and we have chosen to support those who do not speak the human language.We have chosen to support creatures that have voices but are not heard to deaf people like you.What we animal lovers are might take people like you a lifetime to comprehend.What we are is an advanced human specie much more progressivehumane civilized compassionate among with many others.I am a mother and i never questioned weather i should have only human babies or animals.Me and my husband love both and support animals that need our help.Someone on this blog wrote that this is a planet made for human domain.What a selfish thing to say.HUMANS ARE NOT THE ONLY CREATURES ON THIS EARTH.Just think for a moment what would this planet be without animals?Just think how many of your greedy and selfish needs animals fulfill daily.Foodclothescompanion entertainment….see Michael Vicks for example.He had a jolly god time killing dogs… He who easily can harm a defenseless animal can easily harm a defenseless child too. With love from sunny Greece…

• CINDY FORD says:

WHOOPIE IS A IGNORANT PERSON FOR THE COMMENTS SHE MADE. DOG FIGHTING IS UNACCEPTABLE AND SHE IS A CRUEL PERSON I WILL NOT EVER WHATCH THE VIEWEVER AGAIN AS LONG AS SHE IS ON THERE. MAYBE SOMEONE NEEDS TO GIVE HER SOME OF THE CRUEL TREATMENT THOSE ANIMALS ENDURED SEE IF SHE LIKES IT.

• Laura - Jane says:

Well said Amanda. You are dead right. Sometimes in these discussions people forget what the actual topic is about it turns into people having a go at each other i.e Adonna she talks like she is a wannabe psychologist or something stating that everybody including meis full of hate. I wrote a message stating what I do for animals and that in my free time I come here to discuss amongst many other animal lovers how much dog fighting is a heinous act but after that she was still playing the whole “you are very angry” card and stating that we are all wasting our time. Yes we are angry and I am sure most of us have done something productive in the Michael Vick case big deal we are angry for the right reasons we love animals and we will not defend Whoopie’s ridiculous statements. But personally i think Adonna is just a big Whoopie Goldberg fan and that is what it all comes down to. Adonna if you are reading this you have to got to realise that it is you who has come across aggressive typing in CAPITALS and getting personal stating that our comments our worse then Whoopi’s. Get real! If you come here and say things like that of course there is going to be a defensive reaction. This is an animal lover’s website not a website dedicated to defending insensitive dumb people such as Michael Vick or Whoopi Goldberg.

• Marjorie Hass says:

I consider myself from the South and would NEVER consider the cruelty of dogfighting. Slavery was also a tradition in the deep South. Does she condone that? Just because someone was raised up doing a felony should he be allowed to go ahead and do it?

• Catherine says:

I just want to say I love all you people who care for and try to help animals I can really identify with how u feel thank you so much. I love animals and have heard such cruel things that happen to them it makes me feel sad every dayas WELL as when I hear suffering happen to humans and ANY lives. Michael Vick is evil and will go to hell hope he knows that and where he came from’s NOT an excuse because the suffering he inflicted on those poor dogs must make him be a robot without a heart or something! What I really hate is when people say they think human lives are more important than animal lives what exactly is the difference?? Just because animals don’t speak our language and look different from us does that make tham less important?? We’re the same as the animals and why is stopping war etc more important than stopping dogfighting or any animal cruelty? We all have lives that are important what makes humans more important than animals? We are all EQUALLY important.

• Anonymous says:

We all know that cruelty to dogs or any other living thing is horrendous! As the owner of four exracing greyhounds I have to include what is done to them during their racing lives just as bad! They are confined beaten and seem to be disposable dogs.

• Daisy Hardiman says:

I like Woopy very much very good and creative actress. I can’t understand why she attributed this act as a cultural factor. Dog and other animals fights occur every where in the world and the idea in Michel Vicks case is to start punishing it make it evident for every one out there. Violence is a crime and criminals have to be punished. Tough! P.S. By the way I cant believe Michel Vicks is so idiotic with all the millions he was making and the fame and glory of his natural talentyouve got to be STUPID!!!

• Kelly says:

The View is the show where Lisa Ling said that breastfeeding in public makes others uncomfortable so breastfeeding mothers should go to the public restroom ick to feed their babies. Does anyone really expect educated enlightened thinking on this show? This is exactly what I expect from The View and whoever it chooses to speak on it’s behalf.

• sherri says:

I do not consider it a waste of energy expecting an someone who is in the public eye and knows full well her statements are for everyone to hear and see makes such an ignorant statement as Whoopi made. You are entitled to feel as you wish Adonna but do not tell me or others how to feel please. She needs to apologize to the people she insulted and not just an apology to get peta off of her ass. Again you are entitled to completely support her if you wish but I also have freedom of choice and MY choice is to NOT support anything else that she does. What exactly are you referring to when you say “this type of behavior was in the south”? Are you referring to dog fighting? If so let me set your ass straight IT’S ALL OVER! Or are you referring to something else?

• Adonna says:

1 OF ALL OF THE FOKS THAT ARE SAYING THAT THEY ARE FROM THE SOUTH WHAT KIND OF ENVIRONMENT DID YOU GROWN UP IN AND HOW OLD ARE YOU? YES THAT MAKES A DIFFERENCE. THIS KIND OF BEHAVIOR WAS IN THE SOUTH AND IF YOU ARE FROM THE SOUTH YOU NEED TO EDUCATE YOURSELF A LITTLE MORE ABOUT WHERE YOU WERE RAISED. AND 2 AS I SPOKE TO YOU ABOUT USING YOUR HEAD NOW YOU PEOPLE ARE BRINGING IN FAMILY MEMBERS AND CHILDREN. WHERE ARE YOUR HEADS? 3 HOW MUCH PUNISHMENT DO YOU GIVE TO A PERSON AND HOW MUCH DO YOU BEAT THEM UP? WHAT DO YOU WANT THEM TO DO BEG FOR MERCY? THE COMMENTS THAT I SEE ON THIS BLOG ARE AS BAD AS WHAT YOU ARE ACCUSING WHOOPIE OF SAYING. IF YOU SAY THAT WHAT THIS WOMAN SAID IS BAD ENOUGH TO PUT HER ON A RACK WHAT LEVEL DO YOU THINK YOU HAVE LOWERED YORSELVES? YOU FOLKS ARE MAKING COMMENTS 100 WORSE THAT WHAT SHE HAS SAID. THINK ABOUT IT. 3 WHAT DOES THIS HAVE TO DO WITH HER ABILITY TO DO HER JOB? I THINK THAT A LOT OF YOU NEED TO GET A LIFE ACCEPT HER I’M SORRY’S AND GET ON WITH YOUR LIFE. I THINK THAT A LOT OF YOU GET WRAPPED UP IN HATE AND YOU TAKE A COMMENT LIKE WAS MADE FROM WHOOPIE AND YOU PROVE IT BY WHAT YOU ARE SAYING. I LOVE ALL ANIMALS AND ALWAYS HAVE AND I SPEND MY TIME WITH THE CONCERN AND WELFARE OF THE ANIMALS YOU NEED TO TAKE YOU TIME THAT YOU ARE WASTING ATTACKING FOLKS AND WRITE YOUR GOVERNMENT AND FIGHT FOR THE ANIMAL RIGHTS AND PUT YOUR ANGER TOWARDS THE PEOPLE THAT CAN MAKE THE CHANGES. IF ALL OF YOU WOULD POOL ALL OF THE ANGER AND HATE THAT YOU SEEM TO HAVE AND PUT IT INTO IDEAS OF HOW TO CHANGE THE ABUSE JUST THINK HOW FAR YOU WOULD GET WITH ALL OF THIS ENERGY THAT YOU ARE WASTING.

• lorrie says:

I HAD ACTUALLY LIKED WHOOPIE’S WORK UP UNTILL NOW. SHE’S OBVIOUSLY IGNORANT AND DOESN’T CARE ABOUT CRUELTY TO ANIMALS.I CANT BELIEVE THE VIEW CAN SUPPORT A PERSON LIKE THAT. DOWN WITH THE VIEW!

• Michelle says:

Get to the point whether he’s from the Deep South or East or shit hole the POINT is it doesn’t matter where ihe’s from! Coz indeed he had did something aginst the law! That’s the fact! Even his so called ‘culture’ doesn’t permit him to act this way! And worst of all he doesn’t use his brains or does he have one? that supporting and participating in dog fight will be jeopardize his career. Public reacted so negatively because he was a wellknown sports man! He is so disgusting! And whoever supports him in dog fight shall go to hell!

• Laura - Jane - Ireland says:

If Whoopi is reading this she should reconsider her words next time she thinks about uttering complete nonsense as in some parts of the world it is a “cultural” thing to rape girls when they hit puberty to “break them in”. The reason there is so much cruelty to animals today is down to people like Whoopi who are laxy dazy on their approach to this sick evil twisted reality. But let me guess Whoopi humans and animals are not in the same context are they? So you can just be excused for talking rubbish. Well I don’t think so! And neither do most people who have posted messages on this site. Girls and boys women and men thank you so much for being good people and writing letters like I do to urge higher powers to take a stand against animal cruelty which you know is wrong and not a “cultural” thing. Who knows? Maybe some day there will be less people on the planet like Whoopi and Michael Vick and all the other sick bastards out there and more people like us!! Kisha my response to your post dated 5th September quit looking for attention by trying to be hard and insensitive. It won’t work. And John Yamrus I loved your poem it was absolutely fantastic.

• sharon scott says:

To MF Power when youre kids are on death row because of their indifferent actions take comfort in the fact that your ‘parenting’ put them there! cheerio sicko. PS congratulations to all at PETA and all supporters….and if we are alive…doesnt that mean we have a life??? Those get a life comments are quite bizare aren’t they!

• Mena Correia says:

Well said adonna!

• Mena Correia says:

I don’t think it is right to use whoopi as a scapegoat. She is not involved in this. She may have said something without thinkingit happens to me all the time. Am I to be kept accountable for any stupid thing I have ever said? And by no means is she pathetic and uneducated. You might as well just get out your pitchforks and storm to her house right now. A letter to her was enough.

• elgin lee baker says:

WHOOPI………….has stated that she is sorry for what she said …………she has stood up against animal abuse before as well as human rights …..what we need to understand is that the view is not a scripted work and that this is coffee talk which as anyone knows generally is morning rants…..i am still a fan of goldberg…..the deep south does have a culture of cruelty …….which whether we like it or not leads to this sort of behavior by vick and others…..lets say you live where you are abused you either rise above or in most cases act out which in this case leads to animal abuse which then leads to abuse of people………..it is a cycle we try to break by showing the value of every life …..as for the NAACP jumping in good maybe they will be able to stop future children from thinking it is okay to harm animals because those children are abused by racism…….vick is a product of the south whether he became rich or not he still is having issues knowing that he has value which leads to him and others not placing value on others lives …….he needs to do time loose his contracts and i believe this most of all to have therapy .then he needs to return home to the south and make sure others know the value of life ………

• Kris Gerbrandt says:

I find funny that the NAACP is saying that Michael Vick should not be banned from the NFL for tortuing and killing these animals yet only months ago they were outraged and calling for the termination of Don Imus’ career over hurtful words. I supported Imus being fired but if his innapropriate actions ended his career why shouldn’t Vic’s!? To the NAACP its supporters Vick’s case isn’t about race! He deserves to get fired. And Whoopi should be embarrassed.

• L Hes says:

I will no longer watch the VIEW as long as Whoppie is on the show and an pathetic appology will not change that. Also I would appreciate it if I could get some help with the Direct T.V.ads that are running in California showing M Vick making a touch down. I have emailed Direct T.V. and my local stations that are airing the commercial and Peta but can’t seem to get any where with this. I will do whatever I can to get this stopped. I also heard some sports reporter say that this would BLOW OVER and Vick would be back. It will never BLOW OVER or be forgotten and I will never watch any game with him participating. Thank you

• Cherokee1peke2 says:

I too am from the South. I never knew of dog fighting though just as in every other State I’m sure it existed. More than cultural I think it’s a type of person thing. It takes an unfeeling inhuman cold sadistic type of person to fight dogs or cocks or abuse any animal. Pitiful as this type of person has been shown to also be the type to abuse children women. Having said this I would also like to say that I resent the statement that people who love fight for animals doesn’t care about children. I think I’m pretty safe in saying the majority of us fight for any of the innocent defenseless that are being abused whether animal or child!!

• Trina says:

I am in and FROM the South! This is NOT what we do!!

• Sue says:

I quit watching The View after Rosie left but I was thinking about watching it again after I heard that Whoopi was going to be on the show because I really love and respect her. Now that I heard what she said I will not be watching The View anymore and I do not respect or like Whoopi anymore. To all those ignorant people that say an animal’s life is not to be regarded as highly as a human’s life…..we are all animals and there are more animals in the world that I would want in my life than some of the ignorant people that are here on this earth. Anyone that thinks Dog Fighting is okay must be heartless and deeply disturbed. How can some of you think that it’s okay for animals to tear each other up? Can’t you imagine how frightened and scared the animals are? Don’t you know that they feel pain? Maybe if you felt their pain…..you would not support it. So sad.

• Avis says:

And this comment from a woman who is supposedly very liberalopenminded? Her views reflect the ignorance and callousness of the most rabid conservative not someone with compassion and understanding for others including helpless animals. Dump Whoopi from The View! Rosie O’Donnell was righton and a much better alternative.

• Laura Johns says:

I am from the Deep South Atlanta to be specific and yet I managed to never be exposed to dogfighting as a child or teen. While some people may be exposed a person has a choice to always do the right thing. Saying it was his cultural upbringing is a cop out. Whoopi needs to watch what she says. Causing controversy is one thing but she just lost a fan in me. I will no longer be watching her movies. I do not want to support someone who supports something as heinous and disgusting as this.

• Ryan Marchbanks says:

Thanks Whoopie for your educated comment. Vick comes from the “Deep South” where slavery was a part of the culture but he’s not embracing that. I have lost all respect for you!

• RUTHIE says:

WHOOPI COME ON!!! I ALWAYS LOVED AND RESPECTED YOU. IF VICK CAN DO THIS TO DOGS HE RAISES FROM BABIES THAT GROW UP AT HIS HOME WHO MIGHT BE NEXT! A WIFE? A CHILD? SOMEONE WHO DOES NOT “PERFORM” WELL FOR HIM? WHAT HE HAS DONE IS NOT NORMALHE IS NOT NORMAL. HE IS VERY SICK!!! I ALSO HAVE NO INTEREST IN WATCHING THE VIEW OR WHOOPI AGAIN.

• Jennifer Rickenbacker says:

I just cannot believe what is going on. Seems people in defense of him have forgotten what is going on here. The NAACP has jumped in. I am clueless to why. Now Whoopi says its the deep south. I did not know that dog fighting and cruelty to animals and the slaughter and execution of animals came under the heading of racist or where you were raised etc. Come on people guilty is as guilty does.

• ADONNA says:

I LOVE HOW YOUR COMMENT HAVE TO BE APPROVED BY YOU BEFORE THEY ARE ALLOWED ON YOU COMMENT BLOGS. I THINK THAT IF YOU OVERSEE THE COMMENTS BEFORE THEY ARE OK’D OR REJECTED THAT SEEM TO BE A LITTLE…..WELL YOU FIGURE IT OUT

• Sharon says:

I couldn’t believe what I was hearing. I thought is was a bad dream. I have always been a fan of Whoopi Goldberg’s but that has ceased since her ignorant statement defending Michael Vicks for his cruel and inhumane treatment of dogs. I have quite a few friends from the “deep south” and not one of them has ever murdered an animal or condoned the behavior of an animal murderer.

• ADONNA says:

AFTER READING THE COMMENT AND IF THAT IS ALL WHOOPIE SAID IT DOES NOT IN ANY WAY INDICATE THAT SHE IS AN ADVICATE OF DOGFIGHTING. I WISH PEOPLE WOULD TRY TO GATHER ALL INFORMATION BEFORE THEY GO WILD. YOU KNOW I AM FROM THE SOUTH AND I KNOW EXACTLY WHAT SHE IS SAYING. JUST LKE A LOT OF THINGS THAT HAS HAPPENED IN THE SOUTH THAT WAS TOLERATED FOR MANY MANY YEARS IT’S LIKE A TATOOIT’S HARD TO GET RID OF IT BUT THEY ARE TRYING. THE ONE THING THAT I DONT LIKE BOUT THESE COMMENT BLOGS IS THAT PEOPLE SHOW THERE LACK OF EDUCATION AND THEY JUMP ON ANY ISSUE WITHOUT CHECKING OUT THE INFORMATION. wE AL LOVE ANIMALS AND WE ALL HATE WHAT MICHAEL VICK AND THE OTHER ANIMAL ABUSERS DID AND ARE DOING. WHAT PEOPLE NEED TO DO IS TO USE THEIR HEADS AND NOT JUST THEIR HEARTS. IF I THOUGHT THAT BASHING SOMEOME WOULD DO GOOD I WOULD SAY GO FOR IT BUT IT DOES NOT. THINK BEFORE YOU SPEAK.

• Hui says:

MF Powers Your tale about dogfighting was absolutely sickening. Are you and your children possibly sadists? If you enjoy that kind of animal cruelty then you need professional mental help. You may find watching dogfighting amusing and entertaining but think about how you would feel if you were in the dogs’ position and getting ripped apart and left to bleed to death. Would you still find that entertaining? And to NCINGA and all the other antiPETA people We are not ignoring the plights of starving third world people or mistreated chilren. In the words of Ingrid Newkirk herself “Not everyone can look after homeless children or clean streams or take in stray dogs. You do what youre best at. But its one world one sea of suffering and you can wade in and grab somebody and pull them out it really doesnt matter what color their skin is or whether they have fur.”

• Laura Diamante says:

I’m amazed! I thought Whoopi was a really sensitive woman I see she is not. Here in Argentina it was “cultural” roosterfighting but it has been prohibited a hundred years ago. And though we’re not considered a too much civilized country. The law is respected. It’s not a racial issue it’s just common sense. In Spain they are trying to inforce a law against bullfighting. So I’m really dissappointed indeed!

• jean campbell says:

Back in the day people used to sit around the gallows and whoop in delight when the people were hung. Thankfully things have moved on and there is no excuse no matter where your roots are for advocating any form of cruelty toward an animal. Maybe we should put Goldie and the rest of her Southern cohorts in a wee ring and let them beat the crap out of one another till they bleed and we all cheer in delight. Sick sick woman get a grip. That goes out to all you nutters out there who think abusing animals is acceptable. IT AIN’T

• Angela says:

I am thankful that I had to work and miss the View. I sure can tell by the comments that I didn’t miss much at all. I did read the story above and have to say that I am a southern from birth and I DO NOT condon dog fighting. So in other words that is just something that us hick folks do to pass time. That is just an excuse to try to justify what they are doing. Animal cruelty happens everyday everywhere and to me someone who makes up excuses for those people or just as ignorant as the people who are doing it.

• Joyce says:

Hats off to Misha and lunavanillavegan 91307

• Martiza Alsammarie says:

I think what Whoopi said was nothing more than an observation based on her limited experience with southern culture. Lets face it…when we go to any small city of a large state we tend to make judgements that the small city is a grand representation of the whole. This is simply untrue. This does not mean that she intended to defend this cruel act. It does not mean that she is acceptant of this industry. It simply means that she attempted to offer a way to understand why another person may feel that this was acceptable behavior. NOT that she herself felt that it was acceptable behavior. Don’t blow this out of porportion. We all know it is sick and twisted and all those who participate in dog fighting should be subject to the same horrors that they practice. You can’t understand the twisted act unless you attempt to understand the twisted mind. That’s all that she was trying to do.

• Maureen says:

Whoopi Goldberg. Just another undereducated human life form defending the morally and ethically bankrupt. Would she have said this if Vick was white? Now I know why I never liked her.

• Pierce says:

I don’t know why you all were watching the view to begin with but hey Whoopi might have made a mistake or not realized to what extent Vick was torturing the dogs. Like PETA said it was one incident against a good track record so feel free to enlighten her but you don’t have to tear her down.