What’s In and Out for 2009

Written by PETA | December 15, 2008

Wow, it’s been a wacky year. We’ve witnessed Barack Obama make history, cheered on the home team during the Summer Olympics, watched the economy take more surprise turns than a paternity test on Maury, and—oh yeah—achieved loads of important victories for animals. But I digress. Before we “Auld Lang Syne” our way out of 2008, let’s stop and take a look-see at the trends we can expect in the coming year. And now (drum roll please), I give you PETA’s list of what’s in and what’s out for 2009:

InOut
Eating greenEating mean
Animal printsAnimal skins
Roller derbyKentucky Derby
Carrie UnderwoodJessica Simpson
Donkeys in CongressElephants in circuses
Perez HiltonParis Hilton
“Dill, baby, dill”“Drill, baby, drill”
Soy lattesMooLattés
Wolf BlitzerBlitzing wolves
Sea kittensChicken of the Sea
HummusHummers
Inauguration feverInauguration beaver
Wasabi mashed potatoesSpam musubi
Proposition 2Proposition 8
EcorazziPaparazzi
Yes we canNo we can’t

Written by Amy Elizabeth

Commenting is closed.
  • lynda downie says:

Oopsthat should be Ted Nugent. NedTedwho careshe’s so OUT!

• lynda downie says:

IN Ingrid Newkirk OUT Ned Nugent

• lynda downie says:

Prop 8 was against gay marriagemaking it illegal. Peta is saying that Prop 8 should be OUT that is Peta is rightly saying that gay marriage should be allowed

• Mayrette says:

I have to disagree with Wolf Blitzer who supports Bush Cheney is antiArab. I agree with everything else on the list though especially Proposition 2 IN Proposition 8 OUT as someone who is both an animal rights gay rights supporter seeing 8 overruled will be a great move in ’09.

• EAS says:

Maybe Proposition 8 will be in next year. It’s the only thing in the “Out” column that doesn’t fit in with the rest as it should be “In” just as much as “2”. However I guess you were trying to find a comparison. BTW Hummers are also known as Dummers. There are Smart Cars than there are Dummers. A clever post nontheless.

• David says:

Spot on PETA! You nailed it perfectly. My fave Hummus NOT Hummers or BUMMERS as I like to call them.

• erin says:

what a clever list so glad PETA endorses Icanhascheezburger and ecorazzi. two of my favorite sites! my cat has been featured on the former… but in her birthday suit of course I’d never dress her up in clothes. inhumanity. she would not go for that E

• Ashley says:

I like the list but I have a purebred in my house whom I RESCUED from a siberian husky rescue…I think she is ok to have

• Aneliese says:

I do like it but I am a bit uneasy about two things. The no purebreds in any house because some pruebreds don’t come from puppy mills and evil breeders they are still dogs that need love too bottom line. And Proposistion 8 I’m fine with both but it’s not an either or kind of situation. I think PETA said something like that in a blog about Lindsay Lohan’s girlfriend.

• Lianne says:

Haha I love it! So cute. Skinny bitch in the kitch vs. fat carnivore on the couch is my favorite.

• Carla says: