The Week in PETA (Feb. 24, 2012)
Snooki sees the light, more trouble for SeaWorld, and the Oscars are starting to look a lot like a PETA gala. Here’s what’s going on in PETA’s universe this week:
PETA News on Tumblr
Give us five minutes, and we’ll give you all the latest animal rights news on PETA’s Tumblr page.
- Don’t read this if you’re hungry.
- Snooki shows that fur is so not for guidettes.
- Are dolphins and whales the next “people”?
- For perhaps the first time ever, a TV news crew captures a gruesome military trauma training exercise on animals in progress.
- Aww—a beautiful baby piglet.
- SeaWorld is cited by the U.S. Department of Agriculture for letting a sea lion die in a drainpipe.
- This is how all elephants should be.
- Guess what the number one cause of Amazon deforestation is? Hint: You can’t see the forest for the shoes.
- Penélope, Ryan, George, and Jessica will light up the red carpet on Oscar night, and they are just a few of the famous faces who are always ready to shine a light on important animal issues too.
New Action Alerts
- Help stop a South Carolina hoarder. One year after a PETA investigation shut down a hoarding facility, authorities still haven’t filed cruelty-to-animals charges against the owner or banned her from acquiring more animals.
- Urge a Kansas City cemetery to stop killing deer. By placing simple covers over the spikes in its wrought-iron fencing, the cemetery could save countless deer from being impaled.
- Down gets ducks down. Sign the pledge to be down-free.
If your comment doesn't appear right away, please be patient as it may take some time to publish or may require moderation.
Products temporarily unavailable.