How to Wear a Nugget Costume
Here at PETA, we get undeniably excited when we receive new costumes in the mail. It virtually turns into a reenactment of little kids on their birthdays—without all the “gimme gimmes” and grabbing fingers. Well, maybe. Anyway, the point is we were very excited when our new nugget costume arrived. Now, if you don’t know who Nugget is, check this out. But all you really need to know is that Nugget is ruler of the “I Am Not a Nugget” campaign and an ally of our good buddies over at peta2.
Well, the costume was glorious! But before we tried it on, we found an extra surprise at the bottom of the box: instructions!
These instructions were especially amusing to us given that the costume consists of four parts: the main body, tights, and two feet. Now, I know that I, too, put my shoes on the wrong feet sometimes—but in my defense, this is usually before my morning cup of tea—and this really shouldn’t be so difficult! Alas, we couldn’t contain our curiosity and checked them over:
- The wearer should be of average build and approximately 5’4″ to 5’8″ tall.
- The wearer should be of reasonable strength and stamina. The costume is bulky and will get very warm while worn.
- It’s best to wear a T-shirt under the costume. The wearer should drink plenty of liquids before and after the event.
- The costume should be worn without shoes.
- Be sure to have a dress rehearsal. It takes two people about 10 to 15 minutes to put on the costume. Becoming comfortable before the event will ensure the best performance.
And the finished result? So gosh darn adorable you almost can’t take it, right? Well, Nugget is a tough warrior for animal rights. After all, it’s a tough job when you’ve got 9 billion chickens to speak up for. Thank you, Nugget!
Posted by Jennifer Cierlitsky