Vick’s Indictment: What You Can Do

Written by PETA | July 18, 2007

workingpitbull/Creative Commons
Pitbull_fight.jpg

The PETA offices have been in overdrive since last night responding to Michael Vick’s recent indictment for dogfighting. The vague statement released by the Atlanta Falcons about this disturbing news is simply not sufficient. This morning, hip-hop mogul Russell Simmons, civil rights leader The Rev. Al Sharpton, and PETA President Ingrid E. Newkirk sent a letter to all of Vick’s corporate sponsors, Falcons CEO Arthur Blank, and NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell roundly condemning dogfighting and other forms of violence. You can read that letter here. We are also calling on NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell to immediately suspend Michael Vick in light of this indictment. According to Deadspin the indictment includes the following allegations, which highlight exactly how reprehensible this vicious blood sport is:

• “In March 2003, PEACE, after consulting with Vick about the female pit bull’s condition, executed the losing dog by wetting the dog down with water and electrocuting the animal.”
  • “In April 2007, PEACE, PHILLIPS and VICK executed approximately eight dogs that did not perform well in ‘testing’ sessions by various methods, including hanging, drowning and slamming at least one dog’s body to the ground.”

Please click here to contact Roger Goodell about this news and ask him to immediately take action. We’re doing everything we can to ensure that the news of Vick’s alleged involvement in this horrific cruelty is not swept under the rug. I can only hope that the high profile nature of Michael Vick’s case helps to shed light on an epidemic that, too often, is not treated with enough gravity by law-enforcement officials, and that needs to be stamped out immediately.

Comments

• Jillian says:

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated. I hold that the more helpless a creature the more entitled it is to protection by man from the cruelty of man.” Mahatma Gandhi

• Cindy says:

I haven’t followed too much of any of this news. Its all so very disturbing that people do this sort of thing and sadly with celebrity justice as its coming to be in this divided world of rights and wrongs these people can lie or just write a check and everything is okay. I will support the boycotts of Coke Airtran Nike Kraft AND the NFL until Vick is fired prosecuted and put in jail without the benefits of all his money….the money should go to the SPCA to help other animals who are at the mercy of all these sick people….no matter what color they are. Money buys their way out of many many scrapes…..ask Paris Hilton and Brittany Spears and Lindsey Lohan……these are also sick examples of bad Stardom effects. Let the common person do these sort of things and get away with it…the people who stand to gain by these people don’t want to lose the money these pathetic excuses for people….its a NO BRAINER. Their only “confusion” is that they are going to lose a lot of money by firing Michael Vick. Thats THEIR main concern for SURE. There is definately a dominoe effect of losses involved here and they just don’t know where to turn or what will cost them the most money for the decisions they will have to make…its ALL ABOUT THE MIGHTY BUCK….they are ALL pathetic as far as I am concerned. I’m seen and heard so much crap about the different rules all these celebrities live by..its disgusting. I hope all the right decisions are made and without any further delay. This man should have a hard time finding a decent lawyer…but where could one of those be? I suppose Vick will be paying a scumbag lawyer to play the racecard….we all know how THAT works.

• Jillian says:

Hi Frank Thanks for responding to my post. I understand where you’re coming from in regards to the animal cruelty inherent in Mr. Vick’s crimes versus that in factories etc. that “process” animals into food and other products. They are both horrible types of animal abuse and in both situations the animals suffer greatly due to man’s indifference to their pain. I’ve tried to do my share in helping improve the situation for the multitude of animals that are being severely neglected and abused by the companies who use them in their manufactured products. The companies that keep their inhumane policies lack a conscience and are driven solely by money. Though this situation is horrid and the animals suffer greatly I still feel that the crimes committed by Mr. Vick and his buddies are just inherently worse since the animals were being tortured and killed just for the pleasure and enjoyment of this sadistic and evil man.

• Frank Therrien says:

Jillian good for you for taking the compassionate route of vegetarianism. Personally though I’m as close to being a vegan as anyone I know I know that I have room for improvement. I keep reminding myself and those around me of that. I appreciate that the Vick critics around me have the capacity for compassion. And any publicity that gets animal rights the attention it deserves is a good thing. I guess I’m saying that it’s one thing to take issue with a blatant case of animal cruelty but quite another to make a single change in one’s own consuming patterns in the name of humane animal treatment. Right or wrong I get judgmental that way. Regardless I still feel that the accounts of animal suffering in factory farms due to the need for faster and less expensive production are just as horrible as the evil deeds of Vick those like him… even if the ultimate demand comes from a practical or monetary place. Maybe that’s just my opinion.

• Jillian says:

Frank Therrien First off I’m a vegetarian since I do care about and think of the suffering of other creatures. Secondly the “harsher atrocities” that you write of are really not as horrid as the alleged crimes of Mr. Vick since these acts the use of animals for food and products etc. that you write of are done for practical or monetary reasons rather than just for the sadistic pleasure and enjoyment of evil humans which the worst of Mr. Vicks crimes were.

• Frank Therrien says:

As repulsed as I am at the Vick situation and as glad I as I am whenever dog fighting or any other form of cruelty to naturally innocent creatures animals and people alike I find it ironic that so many good people can have a problem with this one issue yet not look in at their own actions or lack thereof which often result in even harsher attrocieites being visited on other innocent creatures every day. Those leather seats we need not a harmless byproduct if don’t consume the suffering bovine that gave it up that circus you take your kids to so they can “appreciate” animals “rescued” from their natural habitats? the chicken sandwich you eat for which impossibly fastpaced production “needs” have eliminated any modicum of humane treatment… so few of us have any idea of how much pain and anguish we can visit on peaceful animals in order to satisfy the wants we feel we so richly deserve filling. We’re people after all. Highest on the food chain. So ordained by God. I wish I could claim to be innocent of all suffering to which I contribute not just animals child labor unfair trade your grandchildren’s environment. I can only strive to keep myself aware and cast with conscience my votes in dollars and actions. Let’s keep our collective eye on the big picture.

• Michael says:

The guy is a typical representative of the low life that makes it big with sports. Look at how many black stars commit all kinds of crimes. This guy’s behavior should not be a surprise. I guess he can go down to Florida take up golf and hang out with OJ. They can walk the green while bitching how their persecutions were a racist thing. It’s a good day when this low life dumb sheet got busted. Would have only been a matter of time before he killed his girlfriend or business partner.

• Emily says:

OMG micheal vick i just have 1 thing to say to you…i hope you burn in hell and rot and jail for the rest of your lifeu dont deserve to survive. ii really dont give a crap if ur a famouse football player or not to me ur nothing but a scum bag..sooo go die.

• Niurka says:

trow him out forever he is an assessin!!!!!!!!!! The end of his career. should be now. We know he is guilty!!!!!!!!!!!

• Jonathon says:

Is there a guilty conviction in this case? No there is not so get over yourselves stop using this as a propaganda stunt for your political cause. Boycotting Nike the NFL whatever is worthless without his guilt being proven in the court of law. The court of public opinion is extremely ignorant in this case. The PETA organization and others are going to look like a bunch of fools more so than they already do if for some reason he is found not guilty. You people really need to learn something about the American Legal system and realize an indictment is different than a conviction.

• amber says:

This is the stupidest legal case I have ever heard of. I have heard things like even if he does get put in jail he will be able to post bail and all that. He needs to get thrown into prison for life without parol. Why would you even think about letting this guy out with bail? All the money in the worl couldnt bring these dogs back or heal them so why even give him a chance and getting out? He’s not going to change and more dogs are going to go through this same torchering and deaths.

• Anonymous says:

Was it okay to hear an abused PittBull Because you thinked she deserved it! She didn’t deserve it!

• Bob says:

Vick?? I hope they hang the S.O.B. or better yet I pray a linebacker breaks his F neck right on national TV just like watching dogs fight in a pen right? That should screw up six solid seasons for those supportive morons and “Disgusted Fans”. These same people probably agree that dog fighting should be legal. I’m a dog lover have a Pit Bull who is a great gentle and loving family pet and hope all those that harm these poor mistreated animals find their just rewards in one life or another. P.S. I am also a huge football fan but I refuse to attend or watch any Falcon games as long as Vick is playing.

• Jaime Gaensslen says:

Vick is a discrace. What kind of man tortures innocent animals for his own prosperity. I hope he is procecuted and ends up in the poor house. The only way to hurt Vick is his pocketbook. He probobly carries a purse!

• don says:

i am tired of people reffering to the falcons organazation like they know what happen if they knew don’t you think the jugde would know. Come on how dumb are you peta people. i know you might not put this on like the rest of the comment i left but it time someone stood up to peta. I hope when vick is found not guilty who sue peta for every dollar this sickening organazation own. acting like they want to help dogs don’t just help dogs help deers quails turkey and the rest of the animals you peta make me sick

• madison says:

how culd he!! those pour lil dogs there living animals!!! i say you put him in a cage of angry pitbulls!!!!

• james says:

i find it distrubing to read your comments. your sayin he’s disturbed this that and the other but read what your writing…electricute him dont let him se day light again give him the same treatment as the dogs. when you guys live perfect lives and never commit a crime or break the law whether your caught or not then you have the right to judge another person..

• Jay says:

I agree that if he’s guilty of the charges in the indictment that Vick and his people should rot in jail. As a dog owner and pet lover that is the only justice that would satisfy me. However what if Vick is found to be innocent of the charges? What then? What if his supposed “buddies” have rolled over to save their butts from jail time? Many questions must be answered but I say let justice have its course. Peta and pet lovers around the country should wait before attacking this person. If he is innocent then Peta will certainly have to answer for its actions. That kind of “egg on their face” is not what is needed for the awareness of dog torture. Peta needs to use this to educate america. The attacking of individuals without facts or just with allegations will further alienate Peta as a headhunting self promoting organization. Peta please EDUCATE!!!

• Mara's mom says:

Perhaps this is unfair but I hope they make an example of Vick. 6 years and $350000 is nothing compared to the amount of suffering he has inflicted on innocent defenseless creatures. How will that deter others from doing what he has done? It’s a mere slap on the wrist. He’ll probably do 2 years come out of jail with an even darker soul and take it out on more innocent dogs. Give him life in prison!! Take all his money away and give it to PETA!

• Renee says:

Who cares about those stupid dogs? I don’t. Are a breed of dogs that are considered dangerous worth a season? I don’t think so.

• DISGUSTED says:

This is a disgusting horrific revolting repulsive sickening ghastly sordid horrible nauseating thing. Something MUST BE DONE! This man should never EVER earn the respect of anyone ever again I don’t care how well he can play a game of ball…if they let vick back on the field it just shows that those people only care about revenue. It makes me want to puke! Everyone has said it right he and all of his sick buddies should get the same treatment as those poor poor innocent dogs. They are SICK SICK SICK beings they can’t be human. I hope something is done quickly to stop this from happening EVERYWHERE!

• Alan Serlin says:

Well any company that would try to promote their product with an ass like this doesn’t want me or my friends for customers ! This clown his buddies need to do HARD TIME lose the possessions they paid for with money earned at the expense of these poor mistreated dogs. I agree with the others who want to put them in a pen with the dogs they treated so horribly ! And Mitch your an ass. Thank you for this opportunity. Peta Rules !

• ballpeen says:

Just posting this here too… Hey all at PETA from a teacher artist and animal lover in Chicago Great work on bringing this despicable practice to the public’s attention. Riding on this wave of current public scrutiny and probably newfound awareness for many all over the country now would be the perfect time to put our Mayor Daley of Chicago on high alert for not doing enough to prevent dogfighting from happening in Chicago’s neighborhoods. He would rather just bombard our neighborhoods with cops and not put any effort toward prevention. This is all tied in with gangs so of course it is a farreaching multileveled issue but one step at a time. In my mind all of it is an emergency. At an early age kids here are misled for many reasons definitely in part by people whom the kids look up to as surrogate parent figures and whom they consider “heroes” such as Vick into thinking that this is what a pitbull is created for. As standard policy of the city shelter pitbulls are considered immediately unadoptable and are euthanized no matter their good health or temperament. Of course we all know differently about these outstanding dogs. Sure Mayor Daley has a thing for foie gras and has not proven to be the most sensitive person of influence for the animals’ cause. But if he were to ignore your very public outreach to him in the midst of this heightened attention to dogfighting he would be seen as not only abandoning an amazing breed which would definitely succeed in bringing most of Chicago to action but also our kids. Kids here are recruited for gangs in elementary school. Mayor Daley would definitely face public pressure because it would be as though he were abandoning our kids in the process. Violence is a citywide issue in Chicago and the pitbulls and kids get the brunt of the abuse first. The connection between helping kids by helping pitbulls is another way that can be used that will further the cause for the pitbulls used for dogfighting. Please think about it and thanks again.

• Paul Allen says:

You don’t have to be a Fortuneteller to predict Vicks future. I cannot understand how the sponsors and NFL cannot decide what to do with him. He will be in court this fall so how can he play football anyway. Vick will probably be found guilty because of the evidence against him and go to prison. What will the NFL gain by not letting him go now. They have to think of not just the Falcon players but all the NFL Teams. The sponsors should wake up to who is selling their product consumers are smart and these are different times they also want large corporations to show humanitarian concerns. NFL Management use common sense what are you waiting for to go down with a sinking ship.

• Carol Boris says:

HUGE CORPORATIONS SUCH AS NIKE AND OTHERS HAVE BECOME SO USED TO IGNORING PUBLIC VIEWS AND ARE LIVING IN THE PAST. TIMES ARE CHANGING PEOPLE WANT TECHNOLOGY BUT THEY ALSO WANT TO SEE THESE CORPORATIONS TAKE ON HUMANITARIAN ISSUES ALSO. WE ARE YOUR CONSUMERS WE PUT THE MONEY INTO YOUR POCKETS.!DO NOT THINK FOR ONE MINUTE THAT YOUR PRODUCT WOULD NOT BE DUMPED QUICKLY BY THE CONSUMERS IF YOU NIKE AS ONE EXAMPLE SPONSER A PERSON WHO SLAUGHTERS DOGS OR ANY CREATURES. REMEMBER THE NAZI PARY? YOU HAVE TOO MUCH COMPETITION IN WHAT YOU SELL ANYWAY. THIS NFL PLAYER IS A LOSS YOU AND YOUR MANAGEMENT INSIST ON SPONSORING YOUR PRODUCT. HOW CAN YOUR UPPER MANAGEMENT BECOME THIS SUCCESSFUL TO GO BANKRUPT FOR ONE DISGUSTING CANABAL. YOU ASSUME THE PUBLIC WILL FORGET NOT THIS TIME. THIS GOES FOR ALL YOU CORPORATIONS MOST PEOPLE HATE ADVERTISEMENTS ANYWAY THEY WILL NOT BE EASILY SOLD ANYMORE. GEICO SHOULD TAKE HEED AND FIRE THEIR ADVERTISING DEPT. STUPID ADDS OF LIZZARDS AND CAVEMEN AND TOO MUCH TV ADVERTISING SHOWS A SINKING SHIP AND PEOPLE KNOW THAT. PRISON AWAITS THIS MAN ANYWAY FOR SURE AND YOU WILL BE LEFT THE FOOLS!.

• Sonya says:

Tit for Tat. He should be treated just as he treats his dogs. Since he can defend himself more then his dogs can I say hog tie him cover him in fresh raw ground beef..organic please so we don’t poision the dogs then throw him a pen of starving angry pit bulls…his own pit bulls. Let them take their revenge and get a decent meal at the same time. He should be dropped from all his contracts that pay him money he should be kicked out of the NFL league. He should be locked in jail for a long time and be your average low paid joe upon exit.

• Char says:

I’m working on compiling a list of email addresses for those companies.. There is also a lasik provider that advertises on the Falcons site too.. I believe Coke is a Falcons sponsor as well. Rawlings and Ea Sports.

• ALL says:

FYI Home Depot is a publicly traded company and while Mr. Blank was a founder and has a significant amount of shares he does not own the company does not work there and is not on the Board. So boycotting HD bc of Vick is useless. I know I use to work at the HQ.

• mitch says:

I hate dogs. Get over it they are just food. Vick still sucks.

• Bill says:

In light of yesterdays events I think the NFL is acting in a correct manner. Vick will not be at training camp as per the commish. Protesting that Falcons camp isn’t fair to the players who are not involved. Many which are pet owners and trying to make a living.

• J. Lissman says:

You can make a statement drop this THUG you do not neet tis type of person aderviseing your Co. products. You will lose more money by not doing anything than you will gain by by keeping him on your pay roll.Is this the type person you want anything to do with?

• JenniferAnn says:

How sad if this guy really is guilty I hope he gets the MAXIMUM punishment and if not removed suspended from the NFL.

• sd says:

It is a shame that hearing animals being tortured doesn’t bother Michael Vic and his friends. It calls for a pysch eval. As for his sponsors from a business stand point they’d be smart to pull his endorsements. I do believe that he should be fined. However putting him in jail for six years seems harsh. He shouldn’t be able to own any pets and if caught with a dog then he’s breaking the law. For all those people who brought race into this issue you should feel ashamed. This shouldn’t have to be a race war. This is a war against inhumane idocy and the rest of us.

• JS says:

I say we attach jumper cables to his balls if he has any and give him a jump start! And we should get the Falcons CEO to do the honors. Who the hell is PEACE anyway? PEACE of shit hey..goes well together ! And you guys arguing with each other on these blogs cool it. It’s retarded.

• Jade says:

Let us please stick to the issue at hand on here instead of sharing our racial prejudices. Every intelligent human being knows that it will only divide us. That being said no matter who did something this horrible deserves public comtempt and a jail time. Mike Vick is an ignorant barberic scumbag whose place is in jail and who should not be making millions playing pro football. There are PLENTY of talented young players from underpriviledged backgrounds who will gladly take his place.

• Adam Stuart says:

I don’t care if Vick hasn’t been found guilty yet you don’t get this far with an Indictment on charges like these if you’re innocent. He is a scumbag of the highest order. Filth like him not only do not belong in the public eye but should be put to death the same way that he has tortured so many innocent animals. I wish someone work put him on antibiotics after he’d been mauled and keep him alive for as long as possible while he suffers.

• key says:

I would just like to make a comment regarding Jada and Cal. You two are just about as ignorant as Vick himself!!!! Many diffrent breeds of dogs attack children. NOT JUST THE PIT but because of the people who have involved this breed in dog fighting they have been branded as the worst breed. Cal since you seen to believe all of us white folks should get on to what you call our pappy for owning one of your ancestors think about this. I live in Houston..Statistics show that the majority of our crimes are commited by blacks so maybe Jada would agree…since the Pit has a bad reputation for being the breed to attcks the most and she seems to believe that they should be banned…Y shouldn’t we do the same with humans. Sounds a bit harsh doesn’t it. These animals know nothing other than what the taught just like our kids. It is disgusting to me to know that people like you still have a voice and choose to poison others with your IGNORANCE and that the NFL NIKE COKE KRAFT ETC seem to forget that these animals could have had a chance at decent life until the were tortured by what they seem to think is their money maker.I WILL DO WHAT EVER IT TAKES TO BE SURE I GET MY MESSAGE ACROSS and I hope that any human with a heart will do the same. We can not allow of children to think this behavior is acceptable and to let others know that it will not be tolerated.

• TEBABY says:

Is everyone so wrapped up in the media bitz that we have forgotten what our judicial system means? Have we forgotton “innocent until proven guilty”? I don’t see this much uproar of HUMANS dying in IRAQ!!! If he is guilty let the judicial system find him guilty.

• Andrea says:

Once found guilty which I’ve heard the fed gov’t has a 98 conviction rate he’ll go to prison where he can suffer some of the very same treatment that he dealt on these poor defenseless animals. What goes around comes back around with a vengence. Also his status as a celebrity although somewhat questionable has brought a spotlight on this horrible deplorable behavior that might not have happened otherwise. There is some positive even in the worst of situations. Also his life and career are forever ruined for all practical purposes.

• Cydney says:

Let’s not convict Vic without proof BUT let’s focus on stopping this terrible “sport”. I am appalled that anyone ANYONE would ever think that having animals attack each other and fight to the death is entertainment. I almost threw up at the photos those poor animals and all that unnecessary suffering is what we need to focus on. Let’s do what it takes stiffer laws and boycotting the Falcons if Vic is guilty put our money and efforts where it counts!

• DOG LOVER says:

If we all cared as much about animals as we do about calling each other names and materialistic things this world would be a better place. The color of someones skin should not matter… it is what’s inside that should. We should respect all living things and treat these lives as you would treat yourselfor your loved ones. I have adopted 4 dogs from abusive situations and let me tell you it is the best feeling in the world to care for an animal and the unconditional love they give in return ! My hope is that we can truly have PEACE in this world … by loving each other and all animals !

• Holly says:

Stop fighting each other and get back to hitting Vick where it will effectively hurt him the mostthe wallet. Whether he has already been dropped from contract or not craft a wellwritten note and send it to the following companies to let them know we will never tolerate this behavior! Nike Kraft Sprint Motorola Wendy’s Home Depot Verizon Wireless Ford Delta AtT Cingular

• cross says:

To TIFFNEY POST072007 AND I HOPE YOU READ THIS!!!! WHAT EVER YOU MAY THINK ABOUT THIS ISSUE IS FINE BUT DONT YOUR EVERY SAY THE N WORD AGAIN AND SAY THAT THEY SHOULD HANG SOMEONE MAKEING THOSE COMMENTS WHAT KIND OF PERSON ARE YOU SHOWING YOURSELF TO BE!! YOUR JUST AS BAD AS THE PEOPLE THAT HURT THOSE DOGS IF ITS VICK OR NOT I DONT CARE IF YOUR BLACK OR WHITE DONT SAY IT AGAIN. THAT IS RACISM PLAN AND SIMPLE AND IM NOT PLAYING THE RACE CARD IN ANY OF THIS GROW UP!!

• cross says:

People who are going to boycott Home Depot I dont believe he owns that anymore so you would be boycotting a business that has nothing to do with blank anymore why dont you just boycott vick and not other people lively hood crazy!! i cant say it enough

• Renate says:

Dogs are loving animals. Understanding that dogs will die for their owners it saddens me to see that pitbulls have been trained to fight and will die for the approval of their owners. It really makes me sick to my stomach thinking about their suffering for the entertainment and financial profitting of people. It is important to note that innocent people are also being mauled by pitbulls that have been trained to fight. I was watching the LA News a few weeks ago and a teenage girl was mauled by a pitbill. The news journalist found a house across the street from the mauling location with many caged pitbulls. The owner of the house denied the ownership of the pitbull who mauled the young girl but my question would be why would numerous pitbulls be caged? Were they being trained to fight and one accidently got out? I never heard any information following whether if the owner of the caged pitbulls was the owner of the pitbull that mauled the young girl. I also have a cousin that was mauled by a pitbull. It is so sad that these dogs are bred and trained to fight.

• Burger King says:

WTF!…….don’t you fanatical folks have nuttin better todo?? Most of ya’ll white folks eat at my restaurant…lol. If ya ever have the Testicular fortitude to step to a Rapper i’ll bet your coffin will be waiting after you jus tried to spray paint his Blue Mink!…..Big up Michael Vick!……The Irish Immigrants brought Dog Fighting over here Stupid! Do your fucking homework the next time you wanna go after my AfricanAmerican Patrons!…….Thank you and i’ll see ya later

• animal lover says:

Only a moron would consider the thought that animal abuse is racial. Vick is just another pervert and lowlife with money that thinks he can do anything he wants because he has money. Perhaps it is a southern thing the blacks here in Louisiana particularily New Orleans kill their brothers in the streets like Vick and his thugs killed and fought the dogs. No conscience no heartempty shells with no brains.

• Misty says:

What has this sad sad world come to that it could procuce a socalled human being that would do this to innocent helpless animals? It is things like this that make it difficult to have faith in a higher power. Don’t you agree?

• paula says:

one of the best posts i’ve read on this awful practice and the cruel people that participate in it is…hey vick karma accumulates…woof. as has been mentioned before we should all boycott home depot until blank changes his mind on getting rid of vick. these people obviously don’t care about animals they will only listen to the all mighty dollar.

• Ariel says:

GREG 72007 We ALL have a right to freedom of speech and freedom to protest but until you fully educate yourself on animal advocacy the humananimal relationship then your comments are uneducated and worthless. Therefore that is reason why it makes it so easy for you to casually toss around the word by calling us “terrorists.” The fact is the atrocities occured in HIS OWN BACKYARD. Positive proof EVIDENCE was enough for HIS indictment. So it can be said that you are more so inclined to side with a manical “terrorist” who is a threat to a civilized society since obviously you don’t have a problem with HIS bizarre behavior thus far that gave legal reason to initiate HIS indictment. Do you think for one moment that these types of people stop at animals? Think again. The majority of murderers are in prison because they initially gained a bloodlust for torturing and killing animals. Now that is what can truly be called “sick.” Try to convince us that he had no clue what was going on in HIS own backyard.