Vick Calls Dog Fighting “Terrible”

Written by PETA | August 27, 2007

Now we can say what we couldn’t mention before. PETA has been talking to Michael Vick’s personal representatives, legal team, and more insiders for weeks. We asked for two things over all others: We wanted Michael Vick to tell impressionable young people not to follow in his footsteps, and we wanted him to openly condemn dog fighting. Today, in his statement, he answered both those requests, calling dogfighting “terrible” and telling kids to pay attention and not go down the same road he did. Mr. Vick also said he has found Jesus. Christian or not, we can agree that if Mr. Vick now asks himself “WWJD?” he will not be led back to dogfighting.

To urge the NFL to speak out against dogfighting as well, please click here.

And you can read the comments that PETA President Ingrid Newkirk made last week on the importance of Vick speaking out against dogfighting here.

Comments

• Steven Homem says:

Hey leave the guy alone…. he is a good person… everyone makes mistakes … his just happened to be a lot more publicized because he is famous… there a good people in the world and some of them just have to make bad decisions in order to better their situation… if you dont know the guy personally do not say all this bad stuff about him… it could have been you… Dont hate the player hate the game… and Mike Vick if you ever read this… you still have fans

• Daniel Fuentes says:

Vick has nothing to apologize for. PETA and USHS are the biggest hyprocrites regarding protection of animals with their “humane killing” of these poor dogs. Instead of the PETA lover asking the NFL to add a clause regarding players not being involved with dog fighting why they do not lobby to place a clause regarding family violence. I believe that ignorance is the biggest threat in any society and with organizations that take advantage of it like PETA and USHS. The great American Pitbull Terrier was bred for fighting other animals but not to attack people. To see how ignorant people like the people from the animal shelter give their own ignorant personal opinion makes me sad.

• Lori Burger says:

Everyone needs to now beg Judge Hudson to reread the indictment against Vick just before he passes his sentence down in December. If he rereads what went on and the horrific things down to defenseless dogs then he has to give Vick the worst punishment within his power. Please everyone contact Judge Henry Hudson. He can make the difference in this case he can send a clear and precise message. He can stand up for all of the animals who will be forced into dog fighting. Please write or call.

• Keisha Cole says:

Get over it already! Who the hell are you people who are too good to forgive. If God came to this earth right now and believe that Vick was truly sorry he would except him in his Kingdom. But leave you haters here to burn because your hearts are cold and tainted. You could not have loved those dogs so much to only hate a man that God put here for what ever reason. God doesn’t make mistakes everything he doesit’s done for a reason I believe that most of you all don’t get the big picture which is to teach forgiveness. So go to church and read the bible learn to love than to hate. The man made a terrible mistake and he will forever be remained of it but him and God should be dealing with it. Deal with the 12 yr old that can use bad words to express her or his feelings. POTTY MOUTH

• Tri'Micah says:

I think personally that the dog fighting was harsh but we all can 4 give Vick for his actions he apoligezed to the world and i know that he would do better I Still Like VICK

• dee nice says:

who’s to call the pot black? mike made a mistakebut who are we to judge look at your life an tell me if you have done no wronge.mike do what you know best forget obout the rest.everybody looking down on you but you know where you stand. you are the man in the NFL. keep it real.

• Kathleen says:

Vick will make some large burly guy a very nice girlfriend while in the big house.

• sommer marders says:

I’m only 12. I think that michael vick should let a pitbull attack him. Those dogs didn’t deserve to be fought or killied. I rember one day when i was on youtube and iwas looking for abuse and i came across this video about pitbulls and it showedthis one dog that michael vick tought to fought and they showed that after math and my gosh the poor little dogs face was ripped to shreds . i dont belive him that he says sorry hes an whole.

• Anonymous says:

Sherri GOD put humans in charge of taking care of all his creatures… If you think these deplorable actions are run of the mill unimportant or ignored then you do not understand our role as Christians. Ignorance is not bliss!! Humans need to set a standard for care of the animals whose land we have overrun and who have been domesticated. Just grow up and use the brain GOD gave you. THERE IS NO EXCUSE!!! F FOOTBALL. It’s a game comprende? TCOB!! We as humans chose to take on this responsibility period. A big part of being human is being HUMANE!!! and that goes for ALL of Gods’ creatures. Who are you to say one is more important than the other. I would instinctively give my life for my child yet my instinct and reflexes would also be to put my dogs ahead of myself because I have accepted the responsibility of caring for them. Just be reasonable. Any way you slice it.. black white all these racist accusations are ridiculous…It’s WRONG. YOU need to accept the consequences and “let it go”. Some things are not worth defending and make you look stupid trying to do so.

• MArni says:

look I cannot even read the full stories about what happened to those poor dogs because it breaks my heart. He should not be allowed back in football kids look up to athletes and he did not set a good example. What worries me though is what kind of a person can watch an animal suffer like that and not have remorse. Serial killers often torture animals before they move on to humans. I am not a PETA fan but I am a zoologist and an animal lover. There could be a serendipitous effect from this in the form of stronger laws. It is unbelievably heart wrenching what happened to these poor babies but maybe because of the exposure stronger laws and harsher punishments will result. Please take the time to petition your lawmakers for this.

• shawn says:

Does anyone realise the PETA is an organisation that is based fundamentally on brainwashing? They tell you not to drink cow’s milk because it’s 60 puss. That is meant to gross you out and have you stop for reasons other than their “animal rights” agenda. And remember the “Holocaust on your Plate” campaign? Pictures of dead chickens beside pictures of dead Jews? Let’s compare the worst atrocity in mankind’s history to the consumption of chickens. Grossing people out to get them to do what you want isn’t allowing people to make a decision. It’s brainwashing them into thinking what you want. PETA should team up with those antiabortion people who allow their small children to hold protest signs that they don’t know the meaning of.

• jayd says:

Questions 1. Would Vick be off the hook if he had put the dogs to sleep quietly? 2. Are humans more important than animals? 3. Can we take the word “entertainment” off the line and put the word “greed” instead? 4. Isn’t money the bottom line? I think Michael is wrong but we all have to sweep around or front door as well. We all pay for some type of entertainment one way or the other no matter what the cost.

• Mickey McCollum says:

I think Vick should have killed more dogs those f’ing pitbulls are just a nuisance to society….FREE VICK!!!! He still has a job left to do.

• SATINKA says:

“MISTAKE” ???????? WHAT UNEDUCATED IDIOT “ANONYMOUS” “EAGLEMAN” ARE. THE GROWN SAVAGE HANGED DROWNED ELECTROCUTED SLAMMED THESE DOGS TO THEIR DEATH. YOU CAN BET I’LL MAKE IT MY BUSINESS. BTW HITMAN414 THE REASON YOU ARE TRYING TO DEFEND MV IS BECAUSE YOU LIKE WATCHING THOSE “VIDEOS” YOUR TALKING ABOUT HUH. YOURE JUST AS SICK AND TWISTED AS YOUR SAVAGE HERO. Anyone who is trying to make MV heinous killing a racialcultural or “deep south” excuse for his barbaric behavior “THE ANIMALS OF THE WORLD EXISTFOR THEIR OWN REASONS. THEY WERE NOT MADE FOR HUMANS ANY MORE THAN BLACK PEOPLE WERE MADE FOR WHITES OR WOMEN FOR MEN”ALICE WALKER black woman novelist and author of The Color Purple AGAIN MV IS A SICK PERSON PEOPLE NORMALLY DO NOT ACT OUT LIKE THAT UNLESS THERE IS SOME DEEP PSYCHOLOGICAL PROBLEM WITH THEM. TYRING TO DEFEND THEM UNDER THE GUISE OF RACISMCULTURAL OR “DEEP SOUTH” THING IS A PRETTY PATHETIC ARGUMENT INFACT IT ISN’T EVEN AN ARGUMENT SO MUCH AS AN IGNORANT OPINION. IT’S AN EMBARRASSMENT TO THE DEEP SOUTH COMMUNITY. DON’T LET MV BE THE REPRESENTATIVE OF WHAT THE DEEP SOUTH IS. MV IS NOT ACTING OUT A CULTURAL BEHAVIOR BUT MORE OF A SUB CULTURAL DESPICABLE BEHAVIOR. HOLDING MV ACCOUNTABLE FOR HIS ACTIONS IS THE RIGHT THING NOT A RACIAL THING. WE ALL SHOULD PUT THE PRESSURE ON ANY SORT OF “ANIMAL SPORT” AND YES ABSOLUTELY THAT INCLUDES HUNTING. PARTICIPATING IN THESE DESPICABLE KILLING OF ANIMALS IN THE NAME OF “TRADITION” AND “CULTURE” AND ANY OTHER EXCUSE TO SHOOT HANG KILL OR MAIM SHOULD NO LONGER BE TOLERATED PERIOD. NO EXCUSES 0 TOLERANCE. TRYING TO DEFEND MV BECAUSE OF THE COLOR OF HIS SKIN LOOSES CREDIBILITY OF THE BLACK COMMUNITY WHEN TRYING TO FIGHT GENUINE RACIST INJUSTICES IT ALSO SENDS THE WRONG MESSAGE TO THE KIDS WHO ARE TRYING JUST TO SURVIVE IN TODAYS WORLD. GO VEGAN!

• Mirna says:

HE IS YOUR FRIEND YOUR PARTNER YOUR DEFENDER YOUR DOG. YOU ARE HIS LIFE HIS LOVE HIS LEADER. HE WILL BE YOURS FAITHFUL AND TRUE TO THE LAST BEAT OF HIS HEART. YOU OWE IT TO HIM TO BE WORTHY OF SUCH DEVOTION

• Hayley says:

My heart breaks everytime I think of the pain that these innocent animals went through.I become so enraged when I see that people don’t see how wrong this was.He is a real piece a crap and I hope he feels for one second the pain and suffering those wonderful animals had to endure.It terrifies me that anyone would want him back in the NFL or to get out of serving time.What he did was illegal…period.I dont care who he is.And he can put his money where his mouth is and help animal rights!

• Eagleman says:

You people are no better than he his. Some of these comments are something else. I bet none of you people ever made a mistake in your lives. You have always been little angels and done whats right. Come on give me a break. Yeah it was wrong what he did but people make mistakes lord knows I have made mine but to say hang him let him burn in hell and stupid stuff like that is just crazy. Thats makes you no better than what he did.

• HITMAN414 says:

Get a life! Let’s talk about the poor innocent kids being killed in urban communities each day or the US soldiers that are getting assassinated while we talk about the very same dogs that U freaks are probably sleeping with….I’ve seen the videos…. Get a life!

• Anonymous says:

he shouldnt have told on every one else what they do is their business!!!!!!!

• Cynthia says:

Hi Teresa If you follow the PETA website you must know contrary to what you wrote that PETA always notesand includes in its statisticshow many people have been killed or harmed by animalsanimals who are being abused mistreated or whose natural predatory instincts are enhanced by owners who seek to use them as weapons. There is no one specific breed of dog known for aggression but there are types of owners and certified trainers known for building up aggression in dog breeds almost always big muscular breeds. On the other hand spaniels and similar smaller breeds may bite a stranger and the victim will never report it because the bite from a small dog usually causes minor damage. It’s smart to make children wary of dogs they don’t know as any animal may react negatively for a wide variety of reasons but it is unwise to make your children afraid of dogs as they will encounter them all their lives and like anything else must learn to deal with their presence in our urban environments. The attention given to the egregious behaviour of any celebrity like Michael Vickwhose influence and power over the minds of the public and our children through being a spokesperson for sportswear or athletic prowess is incalculablecannot diminish. People who are set up or set themselves up for public attention become responsible for the behaviour they exhibitI think most of them know this. So rather than demand that we all “let it go” and “give Vick a break” because he put Georgia on the sports map you might want to consider the larger consequences of his behaviour and communicate it to your own children.

• DeeJay (The Future Michael Vick and Michael Jordan) says:

Yeah!!!!!!!!! GO MICHAEL VICK! Michael Vick is the best!! I hope you really accepted the LORD! Im your biggest fan! I dont care what these people say just remember I am your biggest fan! If you really accepted God then I’ll see you in heaven.

• sherri says:

Jay Wilkens If he donated money to help others then hey that’s a great thing. However NO it does not let him off of the hook for what he has done now. Also you are exactly right in that I can believe as I choose and I choose to put animal life above Michael Vick and anyone else involved in the abusetorture of animals. Thanks for your permission to do so.

• James says:

I agree with those who’ve pointed out that any person who could treat other living beings so viciously not once but many times over several years has the kind of mental problems which will make him a threat to society for the rest of his life. Let him play football a dumb brutal game anyway later but make sure he’s always wearing one of those electronic felon’s bracelets as well as his uniform.

• Anonymous says:

YOU know I was curious to where this obsessive love for dogs came from I searched and searched and to all you degenerates and sane people who want to know log on to ask.com and type in YAKUB subtitled ABRAHAM and it will let you know where this eternal love comes from.

• sherri says:

Actually Teresa Sims I do NOT believe you to be right so do not speak for me thank you very much. Also PETA is not dictating anything it’s the power of the people with PETA and the fans of the NFL. A small few appear to think as you do but as angry as people are right now the NFL would be nuts to “let it go” and they know it. Why do you feel it necessary to try and tell people how to feel? I do not intend to “let it go” now nor after sentencing and even down the road if the NFL gets stupid and decides to let him play again. Since you don’t really appear to care about animals I question why you are even here except to tell everyone how wrong you think they are and how great you think you are.

• Jay Wilkens says:

To Mirna You hope he burns in hell. Is that really an intelligent and loving Christian answer? The apostle Paul himself was a vicious murderer of innocent Christians and was forgiven and redemmed by God. Wishing Mr Vick burn in hell only continues the hateful actions he started and by allowing him to evoke that emotion within you you ultimately allow the evil he started to continue. Just remember in other developed countries larger than us they view us a sadistic savages for killing and eating cows. I only hope that as a human you are big enough to break the cycle of hatred instead of continuing it. If you believe in God he is the one that teaches us the way to behave and he tells us to imitate his love. If we do not attempt to do so we risk being judged by him. Not being perfect like God does not give us a free pass to not try much like not being ready to be a parent doesn’t give us the right to give up. To Sherri I believe in your big heart because it takes one to have the strong emotion you have for these animals. But there is no animal life above a human life for God has made us in his image. You are free to do and think as you please. God however is not your God he is everyones God including Mr Vick. Being that you do not know Mr Vick personally you are merely judging him on one horrible choice in life.Mr Vick has also unselfishly donated millions of dollars to underpriveleged children and shooting victims families. Should these acts be totally forgotten because he had a wicked vice? Kings have killed men so they could sleep with their wives and yet still recieved God’s love and forgiveness. If we continue to fancy our form of justice above his we all fail because we can’t read hearts. In the end it is only those who do not attempt to repent who recieve punishment. Hating an individuals actions are one thing… But hating the human is a sad way to cope with errors. Imagine if Vick was a close relative of yours. Would you turn on him this harshly? Because ultimately we are all related and losing one human is a terrible thing. But your opnions are yours and continue to express them. I can tell you that your sentiments are valuable but in the end you will find that despising people will lead to having so much hatred in your life that you will wish you had made the choice to try and love and forgive. Do you despise George Bush for leading 1000s of people to their death for oil? They believed they were dying for a greater good. Do you despise our government for their failure in helping Katrina victims? They were defensesless. Do you despise those that steal? What if they steal to feed their children? Are they so evil then? Mr Vick may yet prove himself more righteous than any of us. We cannot tell the future. But if we don’t teach love of all even our enemies we continue tradition that allows misguided people like Vick to exist.

• SATINKA says:

THE ANIMALS OF THE WORLD EXIST FOR THEIR OWN REASONS. THEY WERE NOT MADE FOR HUMANS ANY MORE THAN BLACK PEOPLE WERE MADE FOR WHITES OR WOMEN FOR MENALICE WALKER GO VEGAN!

• Teresa Sims says:

I am personally not an animal loverbut I would not intentionally harm animals. I am and will continue to be a Michael Vick fan. I think he has too much talent not to be on the football field. He made a mistake. Those of you who are “Vick bashing” have probably made even worse mistakes but no one knows about them. I believe his apology. Of course he hates he got caught who doesn’tbut there are MUCH MORE IMPORTANT WORLD ISSUES THAN MICHAEL VICK KILLING SOME MEAN A PIT BULLS. I live in a city where these dogs along with Rottweilers have killed children so forgive me if I am not remorseful.I am scared of dogs for this reason and will not allow my children to be around them. I have never seen or read what PETA has to say when animals harm people. I place more value on people than I do animals. I don’t care if you share my opinion or not but you know I am RIGHT. All of you so called CHRISTIANS who have been taught forgiveness and thou shall not judge are the first to judge someone like Michael Vick. How about that!! Football will be boring without Vick playing. He has done wrong I agree. He has also apologized. LET IT GO. As for the Falcons they are crazy to allow PETA to control their actions of whether or not to release Michael Vick. I think it will be the biggest mistake they make in franchise history. I am from Georgia and I know the Falcons attendence was never greater until they acquired a great athlete.

• sherri says:

Hey Jay Wilkens that will be between myself and my God then k? You just keep on believe little Mikey and let those of us who don’t believe him fight for the rights of the defenseless. Why do people like you think that everyone must feel the same as you? I dispise Michael Vick DMX and anyone else who abuses or tortures animals. Actually Mr. Wilkens I DO put animals above certain socalled humans such as Michael Vick. That is my choice and you can’t do a thing about it can you. This is not an ignorant blog it is a blog for many of us to show support for the animals unfortunately it’s also a place for people like you and some who only want to cause trouble to come too. I would love to see peta also take a swing at mtv to stop any videos or promotions by DMX right now or they may have already.

• Mirna says:

Jay Wilkens First and foremost what Michael Vick did is illegal and a felony. All the things you say about God are correct but I am not God and I hope he BURNS IN HELL FOR WHAT HE DID TO THOSE POOR DOGS.

• Lisa Hoogervorst says:

I have lost sleep over the Michael Vick case. The souls of the dead dogs have haunted me. And I didn’t even have anything to do with their deaths. My heart breaks that the world they saw was cruel and horrible. Dogs should see a loving world where they go for long walks in the park play fetch take naps run romp and play daily. Vick didn’t apologize for the dead souls of the dogs he killed. He said he made a “mistake.” No he chose a life of cruelty. He has an illness a sickness that most of us cannot understand. Why should we believe that overnight he realizes this is wrong and he found Jesus? I don’t. My question to the PETA experts is can this man be rehabilitated? Otherwise he’ll get out of prison and start over again. Only Vick knows if he’s truly sorry. Hey Vick donate a significant amount to PETA then maybe I’ll believe you. Until then God help you.

• Cathy S says:

OK. So he found Jesus. I didn’t know he was lost… What a bunch of crap. They always “find” God or Jesus or religion when they are caught. To Vick1 why do dogs have teeth. Same reason you do idiot to chew your food. To Ann and Kelly and all others who have to bring up this reallygetting older by the minutesubject. Really tired of your racist shit. Because he is black etc. Quit playing that race card you’re so persecuted yadda yadda yadda. I am a Steeler fan. If Ben Roethlisberger did the same as Vick I would be just as angry. You all have to constantly revert back to the race crap. You are the cause of the racism. You are still angry at white people for the slavery way back oh around 150 years ago. This has nothing to do with race get it? Or should I just say that you can take the boy outta the hood but can’t take the hood outta the boy. There does that make you happy? To Marlon Reedthe war in Iraq to protect us from terrorism? Boy are you brainwashed. You need to listen to Ron Paul who is running for president. Go to his website. ronpaul2008.com And to all of you who come to this blog to condemn PETA and put us “animal nuts” down go somewhere else. Do I care more about animals than humans. Well yeah mostly I do. “Mankind” is such of an oxymoron. Man is cruel to animals in so many ways. Clubbing baby seals in Canada shooting wolves in Alaska and now in Idaho and Wyoming wolves have never killed a human not once mutilating sheep in Australia and then shipping them to the Middle East to get tortured beat up and then their throats slit fur farms circuses rodeos hunting fishing and most of all the slaughterhouses. Just so humans can chow down on decomposing animal carcasses. “We are the living graves of murdered beasts slaughtered to satisfy our appetites.” George Bernard Shaw. But this blog is about Vick. And the “sport” of dogfighting. I think some idiot actually called it a sport in one of the responses. Hopefully this will pressure the NFL NBA etc. to adjust their policies regarding both animal abuse and domestic abuse to ZERO tolerance. Also I’d like to know what Deon Sanders knows. He stated that quite a few players are involved in dogfighting. Why is this not being pursued? Well if they are smart these other players will immediately cease this activity. Remember all professional leagues have rules about GAMBLING. This in and of itself should be reason enough to ban Vick from playing for life. Anybody remember Pete Rose? He was ONLY gambling.

• John says:

Thank you Ann for telling these people what they need to hear. Hating Michael Vick is not the answer.

• SATINKA says:

I WONDER IF MV WAS “TAUGHT” THAT HANGING DROWNING AND ELECTROCUTING ANIMALS WAS “WRONG”. PAHHHHLLLEEEEZ. I DON’T THINK MV IS “RETARDED” SO MUCH AS HE IS VICIOUS AND UNEDUCATED. EXCUSES EXCUSES. THERES NO CREDIBLE EXCUSE FOR HIS HEINOUS KILLING JUST IGNORANT OPINIONS. BAN MV FOR LIFE FOR HIS “TERRIBLE” AND SAVAGE LIKE BEHAVIOR. BUT HE’S FOUND JEEEESSSSUUUUSS!

• Jake B says:

The Hansons were arrested and charged with a Class A animal cruelty misdemeanor which is punishable of fines up to $1000 and up to one year in jail. The Hansons were also banned from the property by a judge until November 17th so that animal rescue groups could recover the dogs they had sent to EDNAH after rescuing them from the hurricanes. Volunteers from the Humane Society of North Central Arkansas are taking care of the animals that remain on site. One volunteer reports that at least 12 of the dogs had not been let out of their cages since they were brought to EDNAH after the hurricanes. Another volunteer reports that when he went to change the litter for 2 young gray cats there was an inch and a half of crudfeces and urinewith maggots in the litter box in their cage. The conditions at the facility were a nightmare. Dogs were found standing in their own filth. Many of the dogs were aggressive because their paws were burning and bleeding and in pain. When Tammy Hanson was released on bail she reportedly told a local newspaper that the dogs were being cared for that the cages were being cleaned daily and that the animals were being fed and watered daily. Tammy Hawley a program coordinator for the HSUS Southwest Regional Office has been deputized by the Baxter County Sheriffs Office to be the incident commander of the emergency sheltering team. The team consists of expert volunteers and trained dog handlers from the HSUS Pasado Safe Haven the ASPCA the American Humane Association the United Animal Nations and the North Central Arkansas Humane Society. In 10 days these volunteers have built dozens of new dog runs fed watered walked and provided emergency veterinary care for the hundreds of animals. Theyve even built a maternity ward to house the new mothers and nearly 20 puppies. They are in their own pens on clean blankets and out of the chilling air and rain with fresh food and water. Best of all they no longer have to compete with some 30 other dogs for food and water. Many of the animals are on antibiotics for persistent infections others are being treated for parasites both internal and external advanced heartworm fight injuries and abscessed wounds. The goal is to have all the dogs vetted microchipped and photographed. The photos will be posted at httpwww.petharbor.com to give owners a chance to identify their animals. As this casefile was being written the Baxter Sheriffs Department is trying to get the Hansons to surrender all of the animals before the case goes to trial. go to http://www.inhumane.orgdataTWHanson.htm and see pictures of the abusers and pictures of the abused animals that were supposed to be taken care of while the Katrina victims rebuild their lives. OH BY THE WAY THE HANSONS ARE WHITE! let’s see your protests now in good ole Louisiana where the police block Black people from fleeing the hurricane blasted city of New Orleans with guns no less. I bet they would have let the animals pass. Where are you? Where are your protests against the hansons that will probably only serve a year in jail? bigots!

• SATINKA says:

“TERRIBLE”???? “MISTAKE”???? LET’S TRY SAVAGERY VILE HEINOUS DESPICABLE VICIOUS ABOMINABLE DETESTABLE MONSTROUS SICK AND REPUGNANT. IT’S HARD TO BELIEVE THAT THIS SAVAGE ACTUALLY PASSED HIS COURSES AT A HIGH SCHOOL MUCH LESS A UNIVERSITY.

• Jay Wilkens says:

This is the most ignorant blog ever. You people are in here passing judgement on one man for his sins. Do you beat and harshly punish a retarded child for making a mistake? No you don’t because they don’t know any better. Chances are Mr Vick has never been taught dog fighting was wrong. He has publicly stated he will try to turn his life around and that he has found Jesus and you criticize him for it!! A criminal about to be executed RIGHT BESIDE JESUS was told by him “you will be with me in paradise.” A man who was a convicted criminal on his death bed!! Vick may have realized how serious his actions are after all the problems they have caused him. He probably was scared hoping it would go away and hiding from this issue. He has probably hit rock bottom facing the loss of everything in his life and it is these situations that cause us to find religion because we need help from someone more powerful than us. Shame on the majority of you for judging him for you can never read a persons heart. Such ignorant comments as “his hand should be cut off he should be put away for good he should be raped like the dogs were…” Where is your common sense? When has evil ever conquered evil? Your wicked comments against him demonstrate that you are just as evil as he is. Wishing horrible things to happen to someone based on their sins is childish and ignorant and is a major reason people like Mr Vick exist. I will denounce him only if or when he doesn’t make an effort to repay his debt. And the man does love animals at his home in Atlanta he has a veritable zoo of animals including HIS dogs. Rape stands are used by reputable breeders. If he was breeding dogs that is not uncommon… And why would he apologize to animals that could not understand his apology anyway? Do you people believe animals become equal to humans in death and are sitting in doggy heaven waiting for an apology? Get real! When did animal life become more valuable than humans? People are senselessly slaughtered day in and out and you hear nary a blip. One man is involved in the death of 8 dogs and people pitch a fit! Which one among you would trade the life of your dog for any of the human beings you love? When you people go after big game hunters slaughter house’s greyhound racing and horse racing with the ferocity you attack ONE MAN I will believe your cause. Until then you are frauds and not really about kindness to animals but only showcasing your agenda via one man’s celebrity. And remember God forgives us as we forgive others… If you don’t make the effort to forgive him never forget what he did it is reprehensible you yourself will have to pay. Because God loves all of us even Michael Vick.

• ann says:

To all Vick supporters Vick is sorry what he has done? Vick is sincere? Vick found Jesus? What kind of glue are u smoking ? According to the Commander Sergeant Kevin Kilgore from Hanover Va county Animal Control Facility which hold about eleven pit bulls rescued from Vick’s property Michael Vick the thug has NEVER called or visit the dogs even once. He told people and Roger Goodell he ” loves” dogs and yet he never even check on his dogs which are taken away from him? He is NOT SORRY he is just a bloody liar!!!!!!! If i were to lose any of my dogs for any reason or they wonder out from my home i ‘d go out right away to look for them if i am not getting so upset become insane. It just shows what a criminal Vick is. He should be put away for good or ban from NFL for life.

• carol bise says:

Those words of the Atlanta NAACP and the pathetic supportive statements by Jamie Foxx will not be forgotten. The credibility of any words ever again written or spoken by any chapter of the NAACP ON ANY SUBJECT will forever only draw a roll of my eyes. Karma can be a very powerful thing.

• ROCHELLE says:

VICK IS A SICK TWISTED PERSON

• Anonymous says:

I THINK VICK MUST NOT NO GOD GOD LOVES DOGS

• Gretchen says:

Michael Vick is sorry he got caught. He never apologized to the dogs he tortured. And what person has a canine rape stand in his home so he can watch?! That speaks volumes! I personally would like to see Chuck Norris roundhouse kick this man to another planet!

• Kerry says:

How come nobody is concerned that Vick is a serial killer in the making? It is a proven fact that all serial killers killed defenseless animals before moving on to murdering humans? The man is mentally ill and needs a TON of psychological help!

• Ronnie Taylor says:

Hey Jim You do not need to say negative things about Vick. I do not want to hear what you have said and unneccessary to say. I do not know if you are racist! Keep your mouth quiet and make any suggestions to improve in community. I am opposed to dogfighting. Vick already had paid his price and learned from his mistake. His behavior is unacceptable period. I am very appreciated he made comments how sorry he is and tell the truth for what he did. I am sure he would not make any mistake again in his life. he will be good example to everyone and wake up about how important animals are. I bet animal control society will be better to serve through donations. I think we should thank him for what he did to make a mistake to wake up everyone. I sometime think Gud has a reason to use Vick to impact on society. I would not be surprise that they will find many professional sports who involved in dogfighting. I hope they will arrest people through Vick’s connect to court. wait and see in meantime. forgive him! I just hope he means to apology to public for what he did. I have a question if he was a white man what would happen in the situation? I bet it would not be the same! I guarantee you! so be careful what you are saying! Please look at other countries in the world. Are they legals or illegals? I do know other countries eat dogs too. Would you report to United Nation about it? Think very harder! Jesus loved Vick as well as HE loved the whole people in the world. Ronnie

• Marguerite says:

Michael Vick is only sorry that he got caught. There is a subculture that is involved in those dogfights that go on. Here is what I suggest and its too bad it can’t be done. Michael Vick should be forced to do the following The dogs that are left and that are still alive should be put into a home where they can live out their days and be loved and hugged with what days they have left. Michael Vick should be forced to pay for this house the care of these animals and the caretakers that take care of these animals in this house. When I talk about care the care will not be cheap. He should be forced to get a beautiful home for these dogs to live in setup that home so they can run free and be loved and hugged for the rest of their lives. The caretakers will be hasonsomly paid like Vick was no illegals allowed pls. This is America. INotherwords he will be putting out some handsome money to take care of these dogs and they will live very royally in their days until they go. But the point is folks it won’t happen. The vet will get these dogs and they will be given the needle and put down. And then Michael Vick will beg and plead to not go to the big house prison and he probably won’t either. How do we know he won’t do it again. He’s just mad he got caught. No animal deserves to be treated like that. Maybe michael Vick should be treated like that they he will know how these animals felt when they were treated like that.

• LEE YOUNG says:

WHO ARE WE TO JUDGE SOMEBODY YOU CANT SAY HE FOUNDED JESUS HE APPOLOGIZED SO LEAVE IT AT THAT EVERY BODY FIGHT DOGS I NO IT AINT RITE BUT EVERYBODY FIGHT DOGS WHAT ABOUT THE DOG TRACKS THEY GAMBLE GAMBLING IS GAMBLING I SAY YALL GIVE MICHEAL ANOTHER CHANCE

• observer says:

if the world was totally filled with the likes of vicious vick his looney supporters peta haters and animal haters this world would have been destroyed thousands of years ago!!!! thanks to ana dana michele 007 and people like you here for keeping this website sane and helping to keep this world a better place!!!!

• Bonnie Hinds says:

People say they have found Jesus and have invited Him into their Hearts now they’re saved. Ask him what the truth is. Finding Jesus and becoming willingly a Christian does not remove the crime that should fit the punishment. How do you determine the punishment. Would he be willing to go thru what he put those dogs thru? To him they are just animals just dogsthey don’t mean a thing to him. He’s being coached to say what he’s saying to keep from losing everything. I believe the NFL is just abiding time until some other tragedy comes along and takes peoples’ minds off of his actions. If he knows Jesus he will choose to be punished to make it right. He confessed because his attorney told him to. If he wants to really become a Christian and meet Jesus tell him to get in the ring with those dogsnot the gentle dogs caught in the street used as bait but a winner. Maybe then he’ll know and call the punishment. Jesus would not forgive him otherwise he’s not sorry. Anyone can see that. But nice try.

• Julia says:

These dogs should be saved and released” in Vick’s very own soon to be “CAGE”! Now that would be some really “BAD NEWZ” for you Vick! And then you can “REALLY” start praying to Jesus!

• Oam says:

Are you serious Mr. Vick!?!?! As I nauseously listened to the public self righteous denouncement of your own character and your ceremonious apologies to this group of persons and that group of persons where was the NEEDED request for forgiveness to the animals you murdered? Immature? You must be joking! Those were not multiple acts of immaturity from which you need to grow up! Those were intentional malicious acts of unforgivable violence toward voiceless helpless innocent lives!!! How could you possibly look into the eyes of those defenseless creatures and soullessly terminate their existences? Your recitation was not only sorely lacking ANY amount of remorse for the unspeakable executions of those vulnerable living beings you now are labeled a coward in the eyes of humanity. I feel strongly that you should pay restitution dearly for your assassinations alone. I loudly applaud NFL commissioner Roger Goodell for the NFL suspension to Nike for suspending the endorsement deal and to Reebok for halting sales of the jersey. I pray that this is only the beginning of the eradication of privileges that you have been reaping for so long now.